i figure the couple he talked about was TJ cloutier?the wsop bracelet person was Jennifer TIlly and Laakand the well respected gaming guy was David Sklansky?his partner russ G?

I read his last book which was cool - skimmed through this one and couldn't find any proof or evidence that the tilly bracelet was bogus - did I miss something?The peeker chapter was interesting

So he argues that the high stakes poker that dn and others played in was merely to attract attention for the tournaments that he's not playing in?I mean, why would he have played in the 5,000 stud tourney when he could have entered the 2,000 televised nlhe tourney then?

because this is a book geared towards exploiting people's greatest fears about poker, online and in rl... I think there's a fuking lot of cheating that goes on in poker, way more than the honest joe even suspects of. And I don't think the some of the highest stakes player are as sqeeky clean as their image portrays (if you expect me to believe that Doyle brunson worked those roads of texas with freaking Armarillo slim, one of the biggest hustlers of all time,) and never cheated once, then, well.. you're hi. But that book offer no proof, zero, just makes alot os speculation and inuendo.

because this is a book geared towards exploiting people's greatest fears about poker, online and in rl... I think there's a fuking lot of cheating that goes on in poker, way more than the honest joe even suspects of. And I don't think the some of the highest stakes player are as sqeeky clean as their image portrays (if you expect me to believe that Doyle brunson worked those roads of texas with freaking Armarillo slim, one of the biggest hustlers of all time,) and never cheated once, then, well.. you're hi. But that book offer no proof, zero, just makes alot os speculation and inuendo.
yeah I agree he didn't offer any proof - just his word that he's seen people with peeker programshis first book about how he cheated at roulette was very interestingand he tells a story about how he was offered a chance at a card marking scam for poker with a liquid you could see with glasses or something - turned out that it was a scam by the authorities who had caught someone doing it and were trying to lure others - he smelled it out and got away from itI think it was wrong of him to basically accuse Tilly of being a scam without offering any proof though