My First Wsop Tourney Tomorrow And A ?

Hey all,Long time forum lurker here so not sure if this is where this post goes...Well got my seat today for the $1500 No-Limit Tourney Event 37 that starts tomorrow at noon. Very excited for the tourney tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else from here is playing? I actually was just behind Kathy Liebert in line to pay this afternoon and am quite a bit more startstruck seeing all the poker "stars" than I thought I would be. Which leads me to my question. Was wondering if any of you WSOP vets know of a proper etiquette when trying to interact with the pros. Not at the table of course, but during the course of the day. I'd like to get a few pictures and maybe an autograph or two and was wondering if in proper context (when they're not busy) are most of the pros approachable? Of course I plan on using common sense when interacting and won't be hurt if anyone turns me down (i'm sure it's nothing personal as they must get pesterd quite a bit) but are there any pros I should avoid totally? Good Luck to all,WayneDx2PSJust wanted to thank matt for co-ordinating my promo pick-up and mike for delivering it. You both made me feel quite welcome in the promotion and even though it's plain to see FCP is quite new to the swag game (Think the bag with my gear was actually an albertson's grocery bag :club: ) just wanted to say I appreciated your help with everything!

i dont know of any pros that would need to be avoided. i think that for the most part people just casually say hello and ask for a picture or autograph. in a video on CP.com someone asked matusow for an autograph while he was filming and matusow said sure just a moment. so if the mouth is that easy to get an autograph from im sure anyone in the pokerworld is

I was just there. Just ask 'em politely when they don't look too busy. My friend even got Norm Macdonald to write "Don't do crack."

Yes they are great: Best of luck to you tomorrow: just know they won't be playing tight" But be carefull; agressive players get cut down fast; you really have to have it. Heres my sob story.I played in $1,000 k buy in event #16. My Death Cards?: I am 2-4o on the big blind early in tourney: Blinds 50-100. We started w/ 1500 chips, I have about 900 left and steaming a little from a 300 nut flush bluff attempt I made that was called. SB and CO have more chips than me: CO is table chip leader. Callers pre flop: CO and small blind. I check the BB. Both have been fairly aggessive, CO been getting cards, so may be a trend and not true agression. SB previously called with mid and bottom pairs before; loose caller.Flop comes 3-5-6 with 2 clubs. SB Bets 100, I raise to 300, CO calls. (My problem here is I think I should have gone all in: because I had bet 300 chips on a previous hand into SB on a busted flush bluff (ref above) and been called, SB had had mid pair and won).So back to my $1,000 poker lesson. The Turn is a 7h.SB checks so I go all in here; CO calls, so does the evil SB. River is 8d. SB takes it down with an 89o. CO had flop trips.Im sure hindsight is 20 20 and all: but an all in move by me on the flop would have forced out the SB and his gut shot and I would have pulled a huge pot, ralleyed hard, and defeated over 2,000 players and alternates to win the bracelet. But another way of thinking is if I actually wanted a call from SB, then 300 was the perfect bet flopping a straight. I do remember being scared of the clubs though.How would y'all have played it?

I just got back from Vegas and the WSOP about a week ago. I played in event 17 while I was out there ($1000 NL Hold'em). Good luck in your event.As far as the pros go, pretty much all of them are willing to sign autographs or take pictures or just talk to you as long as they aren't in a hurry. So, just try to stay clear of them on the tournament breaks.I actually ran into Daniel and talked to him briefly twice while I was there. He was very nice to me once I mentioned I was a member of FCP.Probably my best story happened during the final table of the H.O.R.S.E. event. Chip Reese made an all-in reraise preflop on Phil Ivey just before a break, which Ivey eventually laid down. In the hallway right after the hand, Doyle and Chip were walking together (actually Doyle was on his scooter) and I heard Doyle say "So you think he laid down a pair of kings there?" A few minutes later Phil Ivey came walking by the other way and I said "Hey Phil, Doyle thinks you laid down kings." Phil smiled and replied "Maybe, I guess we'll just have to wait and see on TV."Barry Greenstein seemed like the only guy who wanted nothing to do with anybody. He always had his head down and just darted through the crowds.Wow, I didn't mean for this post to get this long. Short version: the pros are approachable.

I'm in event 37 tomorrow. Table 29, seat 7 to start (wearing Bodog stuff). Gl to you and all other FCP members. Having a great time in Vegas so far. Hit a str8 flush for the pot and an extra $330 bonus at Gold Coast tonight. Figured that was a great way to go into tomorrow, so I left the table.

I know at the WPT Bay 101 in San Jose Antonio E. Was a ****!.. Not too me because I dont give a rats A$$ about him.. But Everyone I saw approach him he came up with an excuse.. Maybe it was just that day but thats what I saw.

Hey all,Long time forum lurker here so not sure if this is where this post goes...Well got my seat today for the $1500 No-Limit Tourney Event 37 that starts tomorrow at noon. Very excited for the tourney tomorrow and was wondering if anyone else from here is playing? I actually was just behind Kathy Liebert in line to pay this afternoon and am quite a bit more startstruck seeing all the poker "stars" than I thought I would be. Which leads me to my question.
Did you vomit when you saw her? if not, kudos.

Hey,I have had very good experiences with talking with the pros. The only one who seemed pretty standoffish and didn't really talk was Johnny Chan. One piece of advice that I could give you is that most pros/celebrities don't like to be bothered when they're eating. The only professional I've ever seen not bothered by it was when Dirk Nowitzki signed all of those autographs for that kid a couple years ago on Punk'd. Other than that they'd rather you wait until they were done eating to approach them. Hope this helps.

I just got back from the series about 2 weeks ago and had an awesome time. Got pictures with Johnny Chan, Doyle Brunson, Phil Hellmuth and Scotty Nguyen. Scotty was hilarious and a well nice guy but the favourite had to be Doyle....what a legend.