Another Idea For Defaults

How about this: each team that had a default this season could play in season two under the following conditions: For each default incurred in season one, $200 will go into the prize pool for season two. If in season two, the team has zero defaults, they would get a full refund on their money. If they default again in season two, that money will stay in the prize pool and go to the non-playoff team pool for those teams that had perfect attendance.

How about this: each team that had a default this season could play in season two under the following conditions: For each default incurred in season one, $200 will go into the prize pool for season two. If in season two, the team has zero defaults, they would get a full refund on their money. If they default again in season two, that money will stay in the prize pool and go to the non-playoff team pool for those teams that had perfect attendance.
So this is for the teams with defaults that didn't make the playoffs? And is the 200 put up by the individual team that wants to play season 2?
i like it.kicking a team out is pretty harsh...but maybe you should make it more than 200$ to prevent defaults as much as possible.(looshle wipes his *** with 200$) :club:
Daniel, I also pm'd you with a couple other ideas on defaults.
i like it.kicking a team out is pretty harsh...but maybe you should make it more than 200$ to prevent defaults as much as possible.(looshle wipes his *** with 200$) :club:
Well Looshle gets in regardless because he's in the playoffs but I get your point. I just think 200 is alright with the buy in being 500. I'd agree with making it 500 but 200 is fine IMO. I mean these teams aren't defaulting on purpose
Well Looshle gets in regardless because he's in the playoffs but I get your point. I just think 200 is alright with the buy in being 500. I'd agree with making it 500 but 200 is fine IMO. I mean these teams aren't defaulting on purpose
what does getting in the playoffs have to do with defaults punishment?
what does getting in the playoffs have to do with defaults punishment?
Well I've just been reading previous threads and learned that getting in the playoffs doesn't guarantee a spot in next season. I haven't been keeping up but I thought originally a playoff team was given a spot in the next season. My bad
Well I've just been reading previous threads and learned that getting in the playoffs doesn't guarantee a spot in next season. I haven't been keeping up but I thought originally a playoff team was given a spot in the next season. My bad
naa...the only teams guaranteed a spot next season are the teams with perfect attendance...but just because your not guaranteed a spot dosent mean you wont get in according to a recent post made by sleuthis.

Whatever is decided, I would add a stipulation that a team still cannot default a game in the last week of the season as that would result in that team giving up their guaranteed spot for next year. I would have made it for the last three weeks but it's too late for that now.With all the battles going on right now for the last spots and seedings, a default in the last week in any game with playoff implications is HUGE.

If we do not get a spot next year because of our 2 defaults, I hope you guys can allow Grinder to play on a different team since both were my fault.

What about defaults regarding the best overall record.. I dont think defaults should rank as high as teams that played all and won based on actual wins.
Again, as Sleuthis said, how can you punish a team because someone ELSE makes a mistake?? We had two default wins. We also won a LOT of big games, including against DN.... so why punish us because someone else defaulted? Makes no sense at all...

Defaults are an awful thing for two reasons...The team that defaults is giving a free win to somebody else...The best NLHE HU player on the planet AT BEST is a 55-45 fav or at it's extreme..a 60-40 fav...So in other words..anything can happen...to be given a free ride in a match is HUGE.I always said that it should have been a tie breaker and I understand that you are punishing one team for no reason...but you are actually punishing them for a a real reason...they already recieved a huge benefit.I like the idea stated earlier that Defaults in the last 3 or 4 weeks should be punishable by death (permanent ban).Daniel's idea is pretty good.But defaults destroy the integrity of the league...and must somehow be punished.If you have teammates, I don't see how you CAN default. You either care about the league..or you don't. if the scheduled time rolls around and none of your teammates is available...just jump and play the match.Personally, for my own selfish reasons..I would like looshle losers to be back next year....I think it's good that we have good players in the league and losing ONE is a tragedy.

Defaults are an awful thing for two reasons...The team that defaults is giving a free win to somebody else...The best NLHE HU player on the planet AT BEST is a 55-45 fav or at it's extreme..a 60-40 fav...So in other words..anything can happen...to be given a free ride in a match is HUGE.I always said that it should have been a tie breaker and I understand that you are punishing one team for no reason...but you are actually punishing them for a a real reason...they already recieved a huge benefit.I like the idea stated earlier that Defaults in the last 4 or 4 weeks should be punishable by death (permanent ban).Daniel's idea is pretty good.But defaults destroy the integrity of the league...and must somehow be punished.If you have teammates, I don't see how you CAN default. You either care about the league..or you don't. if the scheduled time rolls around and none of your teammates is available...just jump and play the match.Personally, for my own selfish reasons..I would like looshle losers to be back next year....I think it's good that we have good players in the league and losing ONE is a tragedy.
OUCH!!
OUCH!!
I didn't mean it that way...Sorry GrinderJ...I don't know you, but I am sure you are a good player.I apologize.I meant it as in..."losing ANY good player" is a tragedy.Trust me...if I think you suck..I will tell you.
If we do not get a spot next year because of our 2 defaults, I hope you guys can allow Grinder to play on a different team since both were my fault.
dude, come on our first default was both of our faults, and I should have been around for the second one just in case. They certainly both weren't your fault at all.
I think it's a great idea. Everyone should be given a second chance if they indeed want to come back.The best thing to minimize defaults in the next season is to also force new franchises to post the $200 as well since they'll get it back at the end of the season (assuming perfect attendance).Those who have a perfect season this year should be given the benefit of the doubt that they will remain the same in Season 2.
If they default again in season two, that money will stay in the prize pool and go to the non-playoff team pool for those teams that had perfect attendance.
If they default in season 2 after defaulting in season 1, they should not be allowed to come back for season 3.