Gsn High Stakes Poker 7/24

Couple of things:a. Is it me or is there a rediculous amount of commercials in HSP? I mean one time there was an 8 min comm. break followed by 6 mins of poker followed by another 8 minute comm break! I never noticed cuz I usually watch it TiVo, but WTF!!! The whole episode is like 12 hands.b. I love that Todd Brunson is sitting there with an entire dead cow on his back for the whole season, esp. when he had the massage girl over...too funny watching her knead the tannery on his back! LLOOLc. Matusow is a donkey at life. But the guy must book some big winners. He gets staked for every event. d. My favorite play was DN's 22k(?) bet on the turn v. Minh. Close second was Antonio's production with QQ.

Speaking of Antonio's acting job with the QQ - Mr Kotter seemed to think it was inappropriate. I thought it was a fairly standard poker tactic. Though I suspect the high stakes crowd does less acting with each other since they're less likely to believe it.

Poor Donkusow. It was fairly obvious that he was going to go busto on that hand, and Laak did a great job of letting Mike do all the work.The one thing that would have made Mike's exit even more hilarious is if someone handed him a "Get out of Jail free card" from Monopoly. That would have been classic.

Couple of things:a. Is it me or is there a rediculous amount of commercials in HSP? I mean one time there was an 8 min comm. break followed by 6 mins of poker followed by another 8 minute comm break! I never noticed cuz I usually watch it TiVo, but WTF!!! The whole episode is like 12 hands.b. I love that Todd Brunson is sitting there with an entire dead cow on his back for the whole season, esp. when he had the massage girl over...too funny watching her knead the tannery on his back! LLOOLc. Matusow is a donkey at life. But the guy must book some big winners. He gets staked for every event. d. My favorite play was DN's 22k(?) bet on the turn v. Minh. Close second was Antonio's production with QQ.
u can download HSP episodes on bittorrent commercial free.

I thought it was interesting/humorous when Brunson snapped at Harmon when she wanted to see the flop of an already dead hand. Brunson was upset because "some of us are stuck" and it was wasting valuable getting unstuck time.On another note, i'll start the bidding at $10 for a lock of Brunson's mop.

Speaking of Antonio's acting job with the QQ - Mr Kotter seemed to think it was inappropriate. I thought it was a fairly standard poker tactic. Though I suspect the high stakes crowd does less acting with each other since they're less likely to believe it.
Yea...I didn't see how it was inappropriate either. He wasn't slowrolling, so all he was doing was trying to disguise his hand
Yea...I didn't see how it was inappropriate either. He wasn't slowrolling, so all he was doing was trying to disguise his hand
A lot of people like Gabe Kaplan's commentary and I will say that his assumptions on players' thought processes are usually pretty good but he interjects too much of his own playing style in terms of what he thinks players should and shouldn't do. Overall he's better than average but sometimes he's way off.
In his most recent article in Bluff, he talks about how it's like 3 times higher than he's ever played before...and how it represents his biggest cash game winning session ever. I really wanted to dislike the magazine out of loyalty to CardPlayer, but some of the articles are actually pretty decent. Laak has a great rambling, intelligent writing style that reflects the way he talks.
He also never rebought in the rebuy tourney.

I thought Laak was playing good tight poker and letting his image intice other people. He's made some tough lay downs but last I checked was up 200K plus, not bad for a nights work with scared money. However, they have figured his game out so he'll probably switch up.Todd pummpling a yoga hippie makes me smile. :club:

my thoughts,it was great when matusow busted, i just dont like himlaak was playing very tightDaniel played greatand i dont really remember anything else lol

Laak has played very tight - sometimes extremely so - everytime he's been featured. Also, watching Antonio and Matasow go busto this season was very entertaining.

My two favorite moments of the show:1. Matusow busting.2. Doyle's comment in the preview. (After he said it, I thought, "wow, did Doyle actually say that?" That's not a comment I would imagine coming out of Doyle's mouth...)

My two favorite moments of the show:1. Matusow busting.2. Doyle's comment in the preview. (After he said it, I thought, "wow, did Doyle actually say that?" That's not a comment I would imagine coming out of Doyle's mouth...)
What did Doyle say?
What did Doyle say?
Eli Elezra won a pot as the waitress came by and he tipped her and said something flirtatiousDoyle as he's buttering some food or something says "If he had lost that pot it would have been 'get lost bi-tch'"
Eli Elezra won a pot as the waitress came by and he tipped her and said something flirtatiousDoyle as he's buttering some food or something says "If he had lost that pot it would have been 'get lost bi-tch'"
Yeah that cracked me up too...he has that Grandfather of Poker image, so hearing him make an offcolor comment has an even stronger effect.How many episodes are left this season?

Matusow is a glamorized donk...he has no bankroll management skills whatsoever (who doesn't have a piece of him), tilts easily and plays outside his own limits...He knew he was tired yet continued to play...thats why they gave him $4K to stay, a meager investment to get the whole enchilada...unfortuanately it went to scared money...I like phil laak, but that style of play only works when the cards role your way, but Im sure my butt cheeks would tighten too at those stakes against the best cash game palyers around..:D He did however play the krablar to perfection against donkasow...Daniel had great command of the table and has a great feel for the players, I can't believe minh ly tossed the tens to the overcard on the last hand knowing he was stuck 40-60K when Daniel was in dam near every pot...I loved seeing Daniel rub it in his face having a 5 high..Id also like to see Mr. Yum Yum (hellmuth) come back and lose another 250K but he knows hes outmatched, better stick to the tourneys chump biscuit!!!! Anywho, back to donking of my own stack... :club: