Spades Conference

Demented plays Team Canada for the Number 1 and 2 seeds.Looshle gets the 3 seed.Kings get the 5 seed.*asprin averted*
oh ya?look at the other conference for a minute
Next year tiebreakers will simply be done alphabetically, so you best consider changing your team names.
We are heading to dinner, I'll check out the Wild Card teams on the other side later, rank them in their divisions and then in the conference to help you out.
The way tiebreakers are determined are as such-Divisional tiebreakers are established in the rules.Wildcard tiebreakers are as follows:Do all divisional tiebreakers so only one team from each applicable division is left.Next tiebreaker is head to head. If there are more than 2 teams, one team has to have swept all of the other teams.Next tiebreaker is conference record.Next tiebreaker is record among common opponents.If multiple teams are still tied, a play in round will occur (HU for 2 teams, round robin for 3+ teams).
I don't see any of the first two things you said explicitly stated by sleuthis or the league rules for wildcard tiebreakers."Do all divisional tiebreakers so only one team from each applicable division is left." - havent seen this anywhere and its possible that two teams from the same division with identical records will get both wildcards because the #1 tiebreaker is HU record against an opponent which has been clearly stated by sleuthis."Next tiebreaker is head to head. If there are more than 2 teams, one team has to have swept all of the other teams." - dont know where you got this sweeping all the other teams thing, all I know is head-to-head record is the first tiebreaker. If 3-5 teams are tied for a spot as may be the case its not probable that one will have played all the rest and gone undefeated.I haven't looked much at your conference but I was looking in regards to our conference, where 5 teams from 3 divisions may be tied for 2 wildcards. For example, if we lose and Degens wins then you're saying since Degens has a divisional record over us we get eliminated from a wildcard spot even though we have the head to head and conference record over the other potential contender at 8-7. i.e. this would happen if bayside won and crunch bunch and cigars lost.
I don't see any of the first two things you said explicitly stated by sleuthis or the league rules for wildcard tiebreakers."Do all divisional tiebreakers so only one team from each applicable division is left." - havent seen this anywhere and its possible that two teams from the same division with identical records will get both wildcards because the #1 tiebreaker is HU record against an opponent which has been clearly stated by sleuthis."Next tiebreaker is head to head. If there are more than 2 teams, one team has to have swept all of the other teams." - dont know where you got this sweeping all the other teams thing, all I know is head-to-head record is the first tiebreaker. If 3-5 teams are tied for a spot as may be the case its not probable that one will have played all the rest and gone undefeated.I haven't looked much at your conference but I was looking in regards to our conference, where 5 teams from 3 divisions may be tied for 2 wildcards. For example, if we lose and Degens wins then you're saying since Degens has a divisional record over us we get eliminated from a wildcard spot even though we have the head to head and conference record over the other potential contender at 8-7. i.e. this would happen if bayside won and crunch bunch and cigars lost.
I posted this thread abovehttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...t&p=1182003It's in there

So basically by my understanding, I have the 4 seed on lockdown unless I win and some of the 10-4 teams lose. Still pisses me off a bit seeing as how I'd have a near mortal lock on the 2 seed in the Hearts Conference right now.

Okay confusion has set in.How can Oh you call I call get in on the wildcard?
I think you need Da Bears and Yangsters to lose and you guys win. Or if all win next week it would go to Common Opponents record (which I'm not going to figure out till necessary) since we would all have same division and conference record and no one has heads up on the others. IF we're still tied after common opponents record it would be a round robin tournament. I'm not real sure on the other scenarios. Maybe Sleuthis will confirm once he figures out the Heart Conference

I have another question here. It is very possible that I have the 4 seed because I won my division, but the 5 seed Wildcard team (Looshle/Kings) will have a better record than me. Do I have the home field advantage, or would they have the 1-0 lead to start?

I have another question here. It is very possible that I have the 4 seed because I won my division, but the 5 seed Wildcard team (Looshle/Kings) will have a better record than me. Do I have the home field advantage, or would they have the 1-0 lead to start?
being the 4 seed, you would have home field advantage...the only team they would have home court over is the 6 seed.
being the 4 seed, you would have home field advantage...the only team they would have home court over is the 6 seed.
Whew, it's rough in this conference, so I need every edge I can get.
Does this really matter...Don't we all have home court advantage, unless you're playing on your laptop from a motel 6 in Wausau, Wisconsin?
i wonder if i would whine about my conference as much as Zim if i were in spades.
You would. I'd take the 6 seed in Hearts Conference over the 1 seed in this conference.
Does this really matter...Don't we all have home court advantage, unless you're playing on your laptop from a motel 6 in Wausau, Wisconsin?
Each playoff round is a best 3 of 5 series with the higher ranked team having a 1-0 lead.
Each playoff round is a best 3 of 5 series with the higher ranked team having a 1-0 lead.
i couldnt have answered without poking fun at his ignorance, or at least using some common insult to show how i am e-superior. well done.and zim, wouldnt you be scared of DN? and...um.....well maybe me? and um...point taken.
lol fig...home court= starting with a 1-0 lead.edit...i see bizzle beat me to it.
i couldnt have answered without poking fun at his ignorance, or at least using some common insult to show how i am e-superior. well done.and zim, wouldnt you be scared of DN? and...um.....well maybe me? and um...point taken.
My bad...I forgot the "sw", but I thought it was pretty clear with the motel 6 reference.
My bad...I forgot the "sw", but I thought it was pretty clear with the motel 6 reference.
it was an odd "sw", and theres plenty of people around here (that arent involved with the league) that dont understand "home field advantage"...