Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($109.60)UTG ($391.07)MP ($100)Button ($123.65)SB ($154.40)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9diamond.gif, 9heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50. 1 fold, MP raises to $4, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.Flop: ($8.50) 6spade.gif, 8spade.gif, 3heart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $7, Hero raises to $21, MP calls $14.Turn: ($50.50) 6club.gif(2 players)Hero bets $84...Villain is 30/20/2 over about 100 hands. Seems like a normal 0.5/1 player.

I don't like the turn play here. He just called a big check raise so I put him on a higher pocket pair than your 9's. I check here again and hope he checks in fear of another check raise. Keep the pot small for a cheap show down if you can get it.

I don't like the turn play here. He just called a big check raise so I put him on a higher pocket pair than your 9's. I check here again and hope he checks in fear of another check raise. Keep the pot small for a cheap show down if you can get it.
20% PFR means he's raising with crap more than half the time. I would bet strong on the turn, not sure about all-in. We can get a draw to fold here with a strong bet, and we can fold to a push over the top. All-in on the turn needlessly exposes us.
20% PFR means he's raising with crap more than half the time. I would bet strong on the turn, not sure about all-in. We can get a draw to fold here with a strong bet, and we can fold to a push over the top. All-in on the turn needlessly exposes us.
Master, what is a strong bet here? He starts with $109. After the flop, he is down to 85ish. The pot after the flop is $50. A strong bet to me would be 60ish I guess, but why would we fold to a push (getting an extremely cheap price)?

I don't really like the huge turn bet, but i would make some sort of bet, probably around half the pot, if they keep showing resistance, i'll be put to a real test on the river.

Cause theres no way villian could have spades??If he has a big PP this LAG is pushn the flop. This looks like AK or spades to me. Yes certain LAGs will call the reraise with AK.Push isn't horrible its kinda a read dependent bet

If he has spades then good thing im betting...oops, i misread my own reply!, so good point, but he isn't folded AsKs anyway, and i think he is a favorite with AsKs, but not positive

Turn push is fine. Why bet half pot (or worse) and give him an opportunity to catch an overcard or spade? If you bet half pot and get called what cards are you folding to on river? I like the push. If he had an overpair hes playing it ultra weak, and he probably wouldve pushed flop with it. I've seen people call with AKo on flops like these. Opponent's stats probably indicate overcards with spades.

I dunno about the huge turn bet. If you have AKs here, don't you push the flop? He has to feel he's a huge favorite.I give him credit for some overcards, bet $40 on the turn, and evaluate from there. If he calls, I prob shut down and decide again on river if he puts us all in.Mark

Turn push is fine. Why bet half pot (or worse) and give him an opportunity to catch an overcard or spade? If you bet half pot and get called what cards are you folding to on river? I like the push. If he had an overpair hes playing it ultra weak, and he probably wouldve pushed flop with it. I've seen people call with AKo on flops like these. Opponent's stats probably indicate overcards with spades.
If he has AKo and is calling a $40 turn bet, this isn't a bad thing....one way or another his money is coming your way.Mark
I dunno about the huge turn bet. If you have AKs here, don't you push the flop? He has to feel he's a huge favorite.I give him credit for some overcards, bet $40 on the turn, and evaluate from there. If he calls, I prob shut down and decide again on river if he puts us all in.MarkIf he has AKo and is calling a $40 turn bet, this isn't a bad thing....one way or another his money is coming your way.Mark
1.)We're not sure what he has on flop. Check-raise is sort of test. If he pushes then we decide if hes on draw or overpair (Probably fold to overpair).2.)No it's not. If he hits A or K after calling we lose pot and if he misses we probably dont win anymore money from him and situation complicates itself with any overcard for that matter, even a J or Q. His flop play indicates he's weak so lets push our advantage.
2.)No it's not. If he hits A or K after calling we lose pot and if he misses we probably dont win anymore money from him and situation complicates itself with any overcard for that matter, even a J or Q. His flop play indicates he's weak so lets push our advantage.
Well, if he calls on the turn with AK to a 3/4 pot bet, he's already lost enough even if he doesn't hit and fold on the river for us.I generally ask myself when I'm about to push all my chips in the middle: Do I really need to do this to price out a draw? In this case, no. Also, what hands call your push here? Only hands that beat you....also never a good sign.Your mileage may vary. I understand a lot of people like to just end hands when they think they are ahead. I'm just floating the option here that you could bet less, and let him make the critical mistake of calling with poor odds, or see him go all in and possibly get away from a hand that you are way behind.Mark
Well, if he calls on the turn with AK to a 3/4 pot bet, he's already lost enough even if he doesn't hit and fold on the river for us.I generally ask myself when I'm about to push all my chips in the middle: Do I really need to do this to price out a draw? In this case, no. Also, what hands call your push here? Only hands that beat you....also never a good sign.Your mileage may vary. I understand a lot of people like to just end hands when they think they are ahead. I'm just floating the option here that you could bet less, and let him make the critical mistake of calling with poor odds, or see him go all in and possibly get away from a hand that you are way behind.Mark
1.) Um, lost enough? I dont think any opponent has "lost enough" until I stack them. If I had to choose between taking 45 bucks on the turn or stacking him I choose the latter.2.) Yes, if the person has shown he is willing to call off all his chips then the turn is the perfect place to push an opponent in who is on a draw because you will get maximum expected value.3.) You just basically confirmed he was probably on a draw, which we HAVE BEAT. therefore, he will call with a hand we have beat.4.) If I push I am making him make the even more cruical mistake of calling with worst possible odds I can make possible instead of a half pot bet. Also, if we half pot bet and flush comes we abandon hand? What if overcard spikes? We also give up? How high mustovercard be to give up? A? K? Q? Youre making an extremely easy situation difficult if we give him cheap way to river.