Can Anything Be Done About Defaults?

I'm still a bit annoyed over the amount of defaults.i understand it happens but comon, 1 team has 2 wins by default, thats kind of bogus.I know lots of you are thinking it.something should be done

I'm still a bit annoyed over the amount of defaults.i understand it happens but comon, 1 team has 2 wins by default, thats kind of bogus.I know lots of you are thinking it.something should be done
I made this rant about 7 weeks ago.Nothing will be done except that they are banned from future seasons.
I made this rant about 7 weeks ago.Nothing will be done except that they are banned from future seasons.
I still think it should be the first tie breaker. If you're team has forfeited a game, that should be the first decider in case of a tie in standings..
I still think it should be the first tie breaker. If you're team has forfeited a game, that should be the first decider in case of a tie in standings..
That would be unfair (ya I know saying its unfair sounds stupid)As it stands, the penalty for defaults is severe.1) team receives a loss (in a game they may have otherwise won) - in a 15 week season - 1 loss is huge.2) If they miss the playoffs - they cannot participate in the season ending tournament for all non playoff teams (with a chance to win an entry into the next season)3) They lose a guaranteed spot in the next season (along with all of their teamates) - this doesnt assure they will not get into a future season but does make it extremely difficult.This is a pretty SEVERE penalty, considering the entry fee was $500. Also take into consideration (and I know this isnt always the case) that it is also possible that a default in some situations may have been unavoidable (ie - someone runs out to the store and gets a flat in their car etc etc)I had expected some defaults coming into the season and this was definitely my biggest concern. I was surprised to see some early and frankly expectedthat any defaults would occur late in the season.Having team mates I would expect lowers the chances of a default as does other teams getting on each others backs.
That would be unfair (ya I know saying its unfair sounds stupid)As it stands, the penalty for defaults is severe.1) team receives a loss (in a game they may have otherwise won) - in a 15 week season - 1 loss is huge.2) If they miss the playoffs - they cannot participate in the season ending tournament for all non playoff teams (with a chance to win an entry into the next season)3) They lose a guaranteed spot in the next season (along with all of their teamates) - this doesnt assure they will not get into a future season but does make it extremely difficult.This is a pretty SEVERE penalty, considering the entry fee was $500. Also take into consideration (and I know this isnt always the case) that it is also possible that a default in some situations may have been unavoidable (ie - someone runs out to the store and gets a flat in their car etc etc)I had expected some defaults coming into the season and this was definitely my biggest concern. I was surprised to see some early and frankly expectedthat any defaults would occur late in the season.Having team mates I would expect lowers the chances of a default as does other teams getting on each others backs.
these rules appply for even 1 default? like i was 1 min late to my 1st guy and it really was unavoidable so i can't play in the league next year?
these rules appply for even 1 default? like i was 1 min late to my 1st guy and it really was unavoidable so i can't play in the league next year?
correctand you couldn't have been 1 min late, theres a 30 minute grace period

As it sits, only 7 franchises will lose their team due to defaults, and frankly, that's better than I would have thought. Those franchises will all be sold in the off season, but in the unlikely event that there are no buyers, those teams will have a chance to retain their teams. I'm "almost" thinking that new teams should go to the highest bidder and that money would go into the league for the season. I have a few ideas... I'll work on em'.

As it sits, only 7 franchises will lose their team due to defaults, and frankly, that's better than I would have thought. Those franchises will all be sold in the off season, but in the unlikely event that there are no buyers, those teams will have a chance to retain their teams. I'm "almost" thinking that new teams should go to the highest bidder and that money would go into the league for the season. I have a few ideas... I'll work on em'.
:club: Wow, you guys really overreact to these defaults. I guess we will just have to win the whole thing this year, since "our franchise will be sold off"

I understand why people don't like defaults, but hasn't our team been punished enough? We blew a chance to clinch the division, and potentially cost ourselves a few hundred dollars. We both apologized, the first one we miscommunicated, and the second default I should have been there for a back up. Kicking people out of the league for missing a game is completely ridiculous, and is not what I expected when I signed up for a friendly FCP league. Since our team is "being sold", and I think that is complete garbage, I will go ahead and just forego playing next year anyway.

I understand why people don't like defaults, but hasn't our team been punished enough? We blew a chance to clinch the division, and potentially cost ourselves a few hundred dollars. We both apologized, the first one we miscommunicated, and the second default I should have been there for a back up. Kicking people out of the league for missing a game is completely ridiculous, and is not what I expected when I signed up for a friendly FCP league. Since our team is "being sold", and I think that is complete garbage, I will go ahead and just forego playing next year anyway.
its a principle thing grinder. if people dont care about the games and there arent any consequences for not showing up, then teams will be more likely to not show up, especially at the end of the season when people are mathematically eliminated. i agree it sucks for a team as talented as yours, and yes you have suffered enough punishment, but im sure you're well aware they cannot make exceptions for one team, because setting precedents like that is never a good thing.
Actually dude, you are the one overreacting and not seeing the bigger picture. At the beginning of the season the number one goal was to make sure that teams that fall out of the race have incentive to play late in the season and not default. How much would it suck if you are 8-6 and tied with a team in your division who is also 8-6. Your division rival is playing a team that is 2-12. Absolutely no incentive to play since he can't make the playoffs. So, he decided not to bother... that would TOTALLY kill the league. So, in order to curb that from happening two things were done:1) A prize will be given to non-playoff teams with perfect attendance.2) All teams with perfect attendance will be guaranteed a team for next season. It's as simple as that. If you had a default, it probably means that you won't be a part of season 2, but it's not a certainty. It also has NO bearing on season's 3 and beyond. It had to be a steadfast rule otherwise we'd be accused of favoritism. I understand "things happen," but that's why we had teams. I'll review the current state of the league at season's end and see if we may be able to come up with an alternative to maintain the team's in the league. I don't want to kick ANYBODY out, but if rules are not followed, some severe penalties are necessary to protect the integrity of the league.
Just for clarifiacationA default means you are NOT guaranteed a spot for the next season.does not mean you are banned.Simply put, you may or may not have a team in the next season.
Actually dude, you are the one overreacting and not seeing the bigger picture. At the beginning of the season the number one goal was to make sure that teams that fall out of the race have incentive to play late in the season and not default. How much would it suck if you are 8-6 and tied with a team in your division who is also 8-6. Your division rival is playing a team that is 2-12. Absolutely no incentive to play since he can't make the playoffs. So, he decided not to bother... that would TOTALLY kill the league. So, in order to curb that from happening two things were done:1) A prize will be given to non-playoff teams with perfect attendance.2) All teams with perfect attendance will be guaranteed a team for next season. It's as simple as that. If you had a default, it probably means that you won't be a part of season 2, but it's not a certainty. It also has NO bearing on season's 3 and beyond. It had to be a steadfast rule otherwise we'd be accused of favoritism. I understand "things happen," but that's why we had teams. I'll review the current state of the league at season's end and see if we may be able to come up with an alternative to maintain the team's in the league. I don't want to kick ANYBODY out, but if rules are not followed, some severe penalties are necessary to protect the integrity of the league.
I think its completley unfair to have my team sold for 1 default espesially when i did everything i could to get to the game, and i came in 2 min to late to play my game and i wasn't aloud to play the game, i think teams should maybe be put on probation or something, even tho i am probably not going to make the playoffs i really enjoyed playing this year
That scenario is not even close to what happened with our team. Would it be that hard to look at when a team defaulted/what their records were to determine if a team just gave up, or if they just made a mistake one day. I agree you don't want quitters in the league, but is that what we are? We have the best record in the league, and obviously didn't just quit on the season, or hurt any other teams (besides ourselves) with out defaults

Just a quick addition to my previous post. I'm not going to whine(anymore) about us losing our place next season, we defaulted which is against the rules. We broke the rules, so we lose our spot. It happens. GL to everybody this year and next

Just a quick addition to my previous post. I'm not going to whine(anymore) about us losing our place next season, we defaulted which is against the rules. We broke the rules, so we lose our spot. It happens. GL to everybody this year and next
nah you just aren't guarenteed a spot. theres a difference. you raise some valid points, but the obvious reply is just that if an exception is made for you, then who else gets one? any playoff team? etc. it is crazy you guys still have the best record. it would be tough to lose one of the best teams for next year, but nothing is set it stone yet.maybe a team blowjob to DN and darrell is in order?
I think its completley unfair to have my team sold for 1 default espesially when i did everything i could to get to the game, and i came in 2 min to late to play my game and i wasn't aloud to play the game, i think teams should maybe be put on probation or something, even tho i am probably not going to make the playoffs i really enjoyed playing this year
Not trying to be a dick, but that's why they have the built in half hour of leeway. With 32 teams, there would be too much gray area if they didn't have strict rules like this and enforce them.