Daniel Isn't Daniel Anymore?

A strange thing has happened to Daniel Negreanu since the start of the 2006 37th Annual World Series of Poker.Suddenly, he sucks.Well, he doesn't necessarily suck. But his play sure does.On Thursday night, the 2004 Player of Year, first called an $8,800 re-raise against Marcos Lechman with pocket 4's. Next on the flop, Daniel goes all in when his opponent has flopped a full house.Daniel's time at this year's WSOP was supposed to be nothing short of an excercise in dominance. It's Daniel Negreanu, after all. Is it that Daneil has lost it, or is it his recent sickness, or is the WSOP mishandling of the shootout event to blame? "As good a player as he is, he's no Phil Ivey," a poker source said.We still think that such a truly great player can find his way out of -- or through -- down swings. Phil Ivey hasn't won any bracelets yet this year, but he's still making money in the side games.

A strange thing has happened to Daniel Negreanu since the start of the 2006 37th Annual World Series of Poker.Suddenly, he sucks.Well, he doesn't necessarily suck. But his play sure does.On Thursday night, the 2004 Player of Year, first called an $8,800 re-raise against Marcos Lechman with pocket 4's. Next on the flop, Daniel goes all in when his opponent has flopped a full house.Daniel's time at this year's WSOP was supposed to be nothing short of an excercise in dominance. It's Daniel Negreanu, after all. Is it that Daneil has lost it, or is it his recent sickness, or is the WSOP mishandling of the shootout event to blame? "As good a player as he is, he's no Phil Ivey," a poker source said.
Way to totally discredit your story.

What a dumb post. I've grown annoyed with DN's complaining in all honesty, but his play and results this month have been fine. 2004 was the year of a lifetime in tournament poker, it will be hard to ever match that. 2005 wasn't great by his standards, and bad to most casual fans. I especially loved the quote from the "poker source". Lame.

A strange thing has happened to Daniel Negreanu since the start of the 2006 37th Annual World Series of Poker.Suddenly, he sucks.Well, he doesn't necessarily suck. But his play sure does.On Thursday night, the 2004 Player of Year, first called an $8,800 re-raise against Marcos Lechman with pocket 4's. Next on the flop, Daniel goes all in when his opponent has flopped a full house.Daniel's time at this year's WSOP was supposed to be nothing short of an excercise in dominance. It's Daniel Negreanu, after all. Is it that Daneil has lost it, or is it his recent sickness, or is the WSOP mishandling of the shootout event to blame? "As good a player as he is, he's no Phil Ivey," a poker source said.
You're an idiot. He has cashed for over $90,000 more than he did last year, and if you include the TOC, than make $415,000 more than last year.

WOW WHAT AN IDIOTin your mind unless Daniel reaches every final tbl. he SUCKS. including the TOC and his 2 soon to be 3 other cashes he is going to be WAY up for the 2006 W.S.O.P.can you say that you have made nearly 400k in three weeks! NOT likely.so go climp in a fucking hole and die ! :club:

ebonics translator A strange thing has happened ta Daniel Negreanu since da start o' da 2006 37th Annual World Series o' Poker.Suddenly, he wacks.Well, he don' necessarily wack. But his play sure do.On Thursday night, da 2004 Player o' Year, first called an $8,800 re-raise against Marcos Lechman wiff pocket 4 's. Next on da flop, Daniel goes all in when his opponent has flopped uh full crib.Daniel's time at dis here year's WSOP wuz supposed ta be nuttin' short o' an excercise in dominance. It's Daniel Negreanu, afta all.Is it dat Daneil has lost it, or iz it his recent sickness, or iz da WSOP mishandling o' da shootout event ta blame? "As pimp-tight uh player as he iz, he'snahh Phil Ivey," uh poker source said.We still th'o't dat such uh truly great player can find his way out o' -- or through -- down swings. Phil Ivey hasn't won any bracelets yet dis here year, but he'sstill making money in da side games. ya'll is mad stupid.

My favorties...gizoogle.com:A strange thing has happened ta Daniel Negreanu since tha start of tha 2006 37th Annual World Series of Poka. Holla!.Suddenly, he sucks.Well, he doesn't necessarily siznuck. But his play sure does. On Thursday night, tha 2004 Playa of Year, first called an $8,800 re-raise against Marcos Lechman wit pocket 4's. Next on tha flizzay Daniel goes all in W-H-to-tha-izzen his opponent has flopped a full house . It dont stop till the wheels fall off.Daniel's time at this year's WSOP was supposed ta be nuttin' shizzay of an excercise in dominance. It's. Daniel Negreanu, afta all . Aint no killin' everybodys chillin'.Is it that Daneil has lost it, or is it his recent sickness, or is tha WSOP mishandl'n of tha shootout event ta blame? "As good a playa as he is, he's no Phiznil Ivey," a gangsta source said like a tru playa'.We still thizzay tizzle sizzay a truly bootylicious playa can find his way out of -- or through -- dizzy sw'n. Phil Ivey Hasn't won any bracelets yet this year, but he's still frontin' money in tha side games . Keep the party crackin while I'm steady rappin'.

Here is a great way to tell if Daniel sucks....Go to your bank or ATM. Ask the teller for your account balance, double check your balance to be sure. Now imagine Daniel doing the same thing. Guess who sucks.

Here is a great way to tell if Daniel sucks....Go to your bank or ATM. Ask the teller for your account balance, double check your balance to be sure. Now imagine Daniel doing the same thing. Guess who sucks.
:club: great, now i can't go to the ATM anymore

I thought this would be a comment on his personality or something seeing as we all get a better insight into who the man is with the video blog. These are the greatest thing to happen to this site in a long time. Each day we get a man to man talk with DN and get to know him a little more. What was the OP's question ? Who cares....

Did you hear that Daniel?I guess this is it then big guy. Time to hang it up.The sun has set. Time for the rocking chair and shuffleing along behind an aluminum walker with canisters of oxygen and nose tubes in tow.Yep, boy....Thanks O.P. if it weren't for you opening Daniels eyes he just might have made the mistake of continuing his bad habit of KICKING EVERYONES ASSS!!!!moron.

I have always loved reading DN blogs, and dreaming of his lifestyle.But I am not going to say his poker sucks this year, ( winning close to 2 million ytd in tours). But I think golf is slowing his poker down, think he just wants to be on the links, while at the table. He is still my man ( wished his golf was better ) wish I could meet him and just talk to him about poker. (my first post )