the only thing I dont like is the HU tourney for bracelet winners only. Cause you still could have like...11 people sign up that and because its not an open tourney you wouldnt be given credit for a real bracelet.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing I dont like is the HU tourney for bracelet winners only. Cause you still could have like...11 people sign up that and because its not an open tourney you wouldnt be given credit for a real bracelet.
Dude, I can guarantee you'll they'll get a good tournament, that's a cinch.(btw, me typing this response will be in the next video blog)
Dude, I can guarantee you'll they'll get a good tournament, that's a cinch.
I know, I'm not doubting that. I would love to see that tourneyBut because it would restrict entrant to only those with bracelets I dont think they would give the winner an 'acutal' bracelet if you will. It would be like the senoir or ladies event. They get the bracelet but it doesnt really count.
Good new is that they would probably change it last minute to a short handed shootout..
Might I suggest making one of your Omaha-8 tournaments pot limit.
People who think O8 should be played with PL is clueless, the game doesn't work with pot-limit!
i like the kansas city lowball, need 2 events like that (you have 2 razz, so why not, lol)
Dude, 2-7 NL Single Draw IS Kansas City Lowball!

I would love to see Harrah's get away from the WSOHE (HE is hold'em if u dont get it), but it wont happen. NLHE sells. Period. LHE is boring for the average poker fan, PLO is confusing for some, and any 8/ob game would give migranes for people. ESPN wants 20 NLHE events for tv, and it won't change anytime soon, sadly.

I think that you should consider putting the 2500 HORSE before the sats 50K HORSE start. Give people a chance to enter the smaller event, do well, and decide roll some of any winnings forward into a satellite for the 50K. I would also suggest that the 50K be put in the middle of the series as a sort of "semi-main event". If you were to do this, I would suggest putting some 5K events before the 50K to avoid the bunching toward the end.I think that the 25K heads-ups bracelet winners event should be the kick-off, with a corresponding tournament for the bracelet-less. Perhaps your goal placing it in the middle is to have a less time-consuming tournament in the middle to give the big name pros a bit of a break. You don't need the buy-in to be quite that high, though. I think that having short handed limit hold em and O/8 on back-to-back days might be a mistake unless you expect the LHE to be a two-day event, because I bet those attract limit action junkies and a lot of people who want to play O8 might still be playing hold em on day two. They are also book-ended by the 5K stud/8 and the triple draw event, so those are four consecutive days of action-oriented limit games in a row.I notice that most of the smallest buy-in tournaments run simultaneously to the big HORSE event. On a certain level, that makes sense, since the bigger names are less interested in the smaller events. Instead of having a separate 2K and 2.5K stud/8, I would consider changing the 2K to 1.5K and putting it simultaneous to the HORSE event to break up the string of 3 big-bet games in a row.I think the buy-ins need some standardization. Perhaps each game has a 1500, 2500, and 5000 event (or possibly 1500, 3000, 6000), except for NLHE and PLO, which would go 1500, 2500, 5000, 10000. Events that show up once, like 2-7 Triple Draw and short-handed events, would have a standard buy-in, perhaps 3000, or 3000 for the more popular events, 5000 for the less popular events. The Poker Special Olympics events like seniors and ladies would be 1500.

Heres my quick list...it's 38 events if my 3am math is rightNLHE (10)- $1500(2), $2000, $2500(3), $5000(2), 10K (ME)LHE (5)- $1500, $2000, $5000(2)PLHE (3)- $2500 (2), $5000Omaha 8/OB (4)- $1500, $2500(2), $5000PLO (4)- $2500(2), $5000, $10KStud (4)- $1500, $2500(2), $5000Stud 8/OB (3)- $2500(2), $50002-7 Lowball- $5000HORSE (2)- $2500, $50000I don't know how close that is to DN's...I just glanced at his. What do you think?

You forgot the employees event, the true first event of the WSOP. I don't want to hear anything about "not everyone can enter", because not everyone can enter the ladies event, or the seniors event. This year's event was bigger than the main event just 2 years ago...

Dude, I can guarantee you'll they'll get a good tournament, that's a cinch.(btw, me typing this response will be in the next video blog)
warning: I havent read the entire thread.When you say 'bracelet winners' do you mean from that current year only? I think it would be pretty cool if you included past bracelet winners so that you could get a little WSOP history involved in a tourney.PS. "If Benny Binion were alive he'd be turning over in his grave right now."This makes no sense and makes my head hurt. :club:

Was the employees event missing?What would be great television would be a freeroll WSOP employees event with the pros dealing. Imagine the verbals with Hellmuth or Mike the Mouth critiqueing every play. It may be the only time a dealer gets a penalty for the F-bomb.Consider it like a golf pro-am, entertainment for the fans and possibly a relaxing way for the pros to start the tournament. Harrahs could put up a prize fund that might go some way to quelling the dealer revolt, and it would be good publicity for them I think.Erimus.

I was just wondering how come 5-card draw never gets played in these tournies any more? Does it just not play well for tournaments or not popular any more? It is the game that a lot of folks grew up with and I thought that it might generate enough interest to warrant its own event.

I'll definitely do that when I finish tweaking it. The schedule consists of something like:10 NL Hold'em6 LH4 PLH3 Stud3 Stud HL4 Omaha 83 PLO2 Mixed Game ($50,000 HORSE, $2500 HOSE)2-7 NL SIngle Draw2 Razz2-7 Triple DrawAlso a $25,000 Heads Up tournament for Bracelet Winners Only.
Looks good - and the sequencing is also important for the non-NLH events so people can optimize their travel plans around areas of specialty. I would suggest the following order of overlapping specialty themes:PLHPLOO8LHES H/LSRazz27Maybe throwing in one HORSE in the middle and the other at the end. The NLH can be evenly distributed through the eventMaking one of the O8 a PLO8 also makes sense.Edit: I wrote this before I looked at the blog. Having looked at the details in the blog, it seems like the schedule has been put together for players who can be out in Vegas for the full series, as opposed to spending 1-3 weeks there, which is probably the majority of players. Scattering the events for the same game throughtout the series will likely lead to a significant reduction in entrants (and hotel rooms etc) although it will diminish the level of competition for the full time pros. I honestly don't believe that this is what you had in mind!!
Was the employees event missing?What would be great television would be a freeroll WSOP employees event with the pros dealing. Imagine the verbals with Hellmuth or Mike the Mouth critiqueing every play. It may be the only time a dealer gets a penalty for the F-bomb.Consider it like a golf pro-am, entertainment for the fans and possibly a relaxing way for the pros to start the tournament. Harrahs could put up a prize fund that might go some way to quelling the dealer revolt, and it would be good publicity for them I think.Erimus.
THAT would be cool- you could also bust their chops right back...
so way back when there where only a dozen people in the ME their braclets don't count as "real"?edit:nvm i get it cuz its a "closed" event
QFT, but I think that 10 NLHE events is plently. Daniel, there was a thread in general where we were talking about lowball events.I think you should push for a B.R.A.S. event. (B)adugi, ®azz, (A)-5 single draw, and 2-(S)even Triple Draw
I still want a mixed lowball game event.
Dude, 2-7 NL Single Draw IS Kansas City Lowball!
yeah, i know, i was saying there should be 2 kc lowball events, a lower buy in one and a higher buy in onepersonally, id rather play kc lowball over triple draw, but that is just me

The main event buy in is too low, it needs to be 25k now I think. It needs to be at least on a par with if not more than the biggest WPT event. Besides the numbers in the ME are just getting silly.

if you just won anywhere from like $200,000 to $10-15million from the main event i dont think most ppl would mind spending $25 grand on this (well unless u did only winn 200k i guess) but for most to get some extra tv time they wouldnt mind

Daniel, is there any way we can get a link to the actual spreadsheet that has the schedule? The formatting on the text version is a bit of a muddle.My suggestion: maybe one PLO8 is called for, it seems to have a bit of an online following. SHOE is not a bad idea as it has been an event in the past, or Round of Each (in other words, OE or HO, I know somebody does a tourney like that). Also, I would say if the buy in on the Main Event should be raised, it shouldn't go to $25k overnight, maybe gradually bring it up, make it $12k or $15k and bump it up a few years later. If you don't, next year we'll have, what? Day 1E? 1F?Something has to be done...I do love the multiple HORSE though, I've been a fan of HORSE for a long damn time now. Hopefully Stars spreading it will help things out.

you say no duplicate events, are 20 and 23 different?Just curious, maybe I caught a mistake...maybe I'm like the 100th person to ask this

I'll definitely do that when I finish tweaking it. The schedule consists of something like:10 NL Hold'em6 LH4 PLH3 Stud3 Stud HL4 Omaha 83 PLO2 Mixed Game ($50,000 HORSE, $2500 HOSE)2-7 NL SIngle Draw2 Razz2-7 Triple DrawAlso a $25,000 Heads Up tournament for Bracelet Winners Only.

Why not limit the bracelet events to one for each major game type, then you can say you're the WSOP NL Hold'em champion period. The bracelet tournaments should all be at least $5000 buy-in. You can still run other tournaments but there just not bracelet events. You can schedule the non-bracelet events on the days between the bracelet events to allow people who want to play every major event to do so. The main event still runs as normal. I can't see the differance between winning the $1000 NL event and the $2000 event, it just seems to water the whole thing down if you have 5 champions for the same game. Events.....NLHEPLHELHEShort handed NLHNLHE shootoutHeads-up NLHEHeads-up LHEPLOPLO8LO8StudStud8RazzTriple DrawDraw High (this is optional, I'd include this and 5CS for completeness)Triple Draw LowballA-5 LowballKansas City LowballHORSE SHOEI've probably missed something but you get the idea (not that any of this matters, I won't ever win a bracelet anyway!)