Daniel Is The Chip Leader In The 2500 Pl Event!

Wed Jul 19 18:12:00 PDT 2006Negreanu Takes the Chip LeadDaniel Negreanu checks in the big blind to see a board of AJ3. The small blind, Negreanu, and the under-the-gun player check. The turn is the 5. The small blind bets $600 and Negreanu raises to $1,200. The small blind calls. The river is the 3. The small blind checks, Negreanu bets $1,200, and the small blind calls. Negreanu shows A5 and wins the hand. He's now at $22,000. GO DN!

I'm just imagining how funny would it be if the tournament director came to the table and took 4 players away to make a 6-handed table...
how is this funny enough to put a "LOL"daniel being the camera hoe that he is enters this event after he said he would go to the seven card stud event eventhough the hold'em event was televised.....anyway..take it down
I'm just imagining how funny would it be if the tournament director came to the table and took 4 players away to make a 6-handed table...
Don't you mean: how funny would it be if the tournament director came to the table and took 4 players away to make a 6-handed table, and the tournament director gets shoved to the ground for changing the rules in the middle of the game... again?Take it down, Daniel. It would be good for you, plus each of us in the FCP gear promotion would get an extra $175 each or so!

Yeah, isn't anyone else suprised he is playing this instead of the Stud event. I would have thought as much as he complains of all the hold em, he would have been in the other event today.He must have woke up late:)Huskers20

i think that would be the last straw and DN would start murdering the tournament staff...GO DN...you are our heeero
Yeah, isn't anyone else suprised he is playing this instead of the Stud event. I would have thought as much as he complains of all the hold em, he would have been in the other event today.He must have woke up late:)Huskers20
Didn't Daniel admit that playing short-handed gives him and the other pros an advantage.
...plus each of us in the FCP gear promotion would get an extra $175 each or so!
Just wondering how you calculated that???
Not suprised at all -- I mentioned this in another thread saying the reason most of these pro's are slumming it playing these low buy-in events is so they can be on ESPN! They want the attention and want to become the next Phil Helmuth with endorsement deals and so on. If these events weren't televised they wouldn't bother with most of these events.
Not suprised at all -- I mentioned this in another thread saying the reason most of these pro's are slumming it playing these low buy-in events is so they can be on ESPN! They want the attention and want to become the next Phil Helmuth with endorsement deals and so on. If these events weren't televised they wouldn't bother with most of these events.
Or maybe he just doesn't feel like playing stud? He gets enough media attention that I highly doubt he's playing this event for that reason.
Just wondering how you calculated that???
I thought that someone might ask.562 players x $2500 each = $1,405,000 prize pool1st place = 30% or so = $421,500$421,500 x 2.5% = $10,537.5$10,537.5 ÷ 60 or so players in the promotion = $175.63 eachIt could be a little less due to I didn't factor in the 6% or so juice for the tournament. I was guessing for the most part. If Daniel wins any $$$, I'll do the math based on the actual prize payout. I was told that there are no more than 60 in the promotion, including me.So far, his winnings are:2006 37th Annual World Series of PokerPot-Limit Omaha07/11/2006 $12,295.002006 37th Annual World Series of PokerOmaha High-Low 8/OB07/05/2006 $48,776.002006 37th Annual World Series of PokerNo-Limit Hold'em Short Handed 6/Table07/02/2006 $38,852.002006 Tournament of ChampionsNo-Limit Hold'em06/26/2006 $325,000.00So far he's earned $424,923.00x 2.5% ÷ 60 = $177.05 each
I thought that someone might ask.562 players x $2500 each = $1,405,000 prize pool1st place = 30% or so = $421,500$421,500 x 2.5% = $10,537.5$10,537.5 ÷ 60 or so players in the promotion = $175.63 eachIt could be a little less due to I didn't factor in the 6% or so juice for the tournament. I was guessing for the most part. If Daniel wins any $$$, I'll do the math based on the actual prize payout. I was told that there are no more than 60 in the promotion, including me.
you forgot harrahs 9% cut of the prize pool. and first is just under 300k
you forgot harrahs 9% cut of the prize pool. and first is just under 300k
Actually, now that I look, 8% of the total entry pool will be withheld.http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/structur...nt/Event29.htmlPrevious tournaments have paid just over 25% of the prize pool for 1st (including the juice). Based on all of the facts, my new estimate is $353,779 for 1st place and $147 per person if Daniel wins.
I thought that someone might ask... I was told that there are no more than 60 in the promotion, including me....
1. Who told you there was no more than 60 participants? That number can change everyday until the Main Event.2. Including me.3. Here are my calculations (only includes completed events!)FCP.JPG4. Does anyone have pics of themselves playing with their gear on? Here are mine!5. GO DANIEL GO

GO DANIEL!!!1Rep Porter36,8002Lee Watkinson29,800 3Kathy Liebert23,300 4Alex Jacob21,400 5John Gale21,300 6Joshua Tieman20,000 7Vanessa Rousso19,500 8Layne Flack18,200 9Christopher Viox18,000 10Matthew Matros17,000 11Spyridon Mitrokostas14,500 12Efrain Lopez14,200 13T.J. Cloutier10,200 14Jim McManus9,500 15Sarah Bilney9,200 16Chris Grigorian8,80017Kent Washington7,650 18Joseph Hachem7,600 19Daniel Negreanu7,500Up $650

1. Who told you there was no more than 60 participants? That number can change everyday until the Main Event.2. Including me.3. Here are my calculations (only includes completed events!)FCP.JPG4. Does anyone have pics of themselves playing with their gear on? Here are mine!5. GO DANIEL GO
1. Matt w/ FCP told me less than 60.2. If you change the #, you'll drop out?3. I've got a similar spreadsheet.4. Nice pictures. Did you tell Phil that I'm coming after him? I'll tell him when I see him. I'll say "hey" to you if I see you.5. GO DANIEL GO