$5 Turbo Mtt - Very Early Still

Here's the gist:Turbo MTT. About 350 players to start, 40 paid. Blinds at 50-100. Hero has 1600 in chips. Still about 280 players left. Average can't be much higher than that I wouldn't think (around 1875).UTG limps, folds to Hero in MP who limps with 8c 9c, folds to SB who calls, BB checks.Flop comes 3c Qc 6h. Pot is 400.SB bets 50 (has about 1800 chips), BB folds, UTG folds, Hero pushes.Thoughts?

do you remember the SB's chip count? anyways, the min bet from a blind into a pot of 400 is definitely a weird one. if you plan on raising, i think pushing here is the right move, because all too often when i am in the same situation, the blind ends up calling your raise anyways. you have a good chance to get him to fold right here, and if he doesnt, you still have a flush draw and you pairing your 8 or 9 might even be good

do you remember the SB's chip count? anyways, the min bet from a blind into a pot of 400 is definitely a weird one. if you plan on raising, i think pushing here is the right move, because all too often when i am in the same situation, the blind ends up calling your raise anyways. you have a good chance to get him to fold right here, and if he doesnt, you still have a flush draw and you pairing your 8 or 9 might even be good
Edited to show his chip stack above.

Most of the players at that level seem to enjoy betting minimum amounts (10% or less) into pots with their big hands (2 pair, etc) not realizing that they are giving you silly odds to catch your draw. They think what they are doing is trapping where in reality they are just trapping themselves. If it were me I just call and invest the min to win the max. Don't worry about it looking like a drawing call because the players who bet the min. into pots that large are normally the players who do not recognize when folks are obviously drawing.

I thought limping in with 89s and M=11 was bad?but anyway..post flop is nice.
Its a turbo, so it plays a little differently, PLUS, its $5, so its full of donkeys. Everyone knows Im too tight, so I thought I would start playing a few more hands like this, hoping to get some chips early. Probably a mistake.

I dont mind pushing and I dont mind calling, but I like pushing ALOT more, just because we can take alot of pots away, without hitting.

I like the push. In a turbo format small buyin you are looking to accumulate chips or bust. This format means you need to pick spots to gamble. You may have as many as 15 outs here, I say take it down. If you bust, there is another starting up in a minute. Late or middle stage play is different, but early I like to try to double up if I can.