Stud Newbie. Be Gentle.

OK guys, I'm new to 7stud. I want to start playing mixed games more often, so I need to learn. Here are a couple hands, I'd appreciate comments as to how bad I messed these up, if indeed I did. Apologies, but I can't find a converter so they are just plain text files (I've cleaned them up a little and put my actions in bold). Very passive table, and no discernible bluffs. If someone raises with a king, they have another one. Thanks.Full Tilt Poker Game #812014317: Table Crystal Water - $0.25/$0.50 Ante $0.05 - Limit Seven Card Stud - 7:21:34 ET - 2006/07/19*** 3RD STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [Ks Kc] [Qs]Dealt to amodeom719 [9c]Dealt to thelash24 [2c]Dealt to Aleksii [Kh]Dealt to NailedShut [6c]Dealt to tonkey10 [8d]thelash24 is low with [2c]thelash24 brings in for $0.10NailedShut completes it to $0.25tonkey10 calls $0.25deadlois raises to $0.50amodeom719 calls $0.50thelash24 foldsNailedShut calls $0.25tonkey10 calls $0.25*** 4TH STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [Ks Kc Qs] [Qh]Dealt to amodeom719 [9c] [7h]Dealt to NailedShut [6c] [8c]Dealt to tonkey10 [8d] [9d]deadlois bets $0.50amodeom719 calls $0.50NailedShut foldstonkey10 calls $0.50*** 5TH STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [Ks Kc Qs Qh] [4h]Dealt to amodeom719 [9c 7h] [Th]Dealt to tonkey10 [8d 9d] [5h]deadlois bets $0.50amodeom719 calls $0.50tonkey10 calls $0.50*** 6TH STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [Ks Kc Qs Qh 4h] [Ts]Dealt to amodeom719 [9c 7h Th] [7d]Dealt to tonkey10 [8d 9d 5h] [Ah]deadlois bets $0.50amodeom719 calls $0.50tonkey10 calls $0.50*** 7TH STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [Ks Kc Qs Qh 4h Ts] [4c]deadlois bets $0.50amodeom719 raises to $1tonkey10 foldsdeadlois calls $0.50Full Tilt Poker Game #812021756: Table Crystal Water - $0.25/$0.50 Ante $0.05 - Limit Seven Card Stud - 7:32:09 ET - 2006/07/19*** 3RD STREET ***Dealt to Gruceus [8c]Dealt to deadlois [7h 8h] [3h]Dealt to amodeom719 [Js]Dealt to thelash24 [7s]Dealt to Aleksii [4c]Dealt to NailedShut [9s]Dealt to tonkey10 [As]Dealt to Aus Poker [Th]deadlois is low with [3h]deadlois completes it to $0.25amodeom719 foldsthelash24 calls $0.25Aleksii calls $0.25NailedShut foldstonkey10 calls $0.25Aus Poker foldsGruceus folds*** 4TH STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [7h 8h 3h] [Kh]Dealt to thelash24 [7s] [4d]Dealt to Aleksii [4c] [Ac]Dealt to tonkey10 [As] [9c]tonkey10 checksdeadlois bets $0.25thelash24 calls $0.25Aleksii calls $0.25tonkey10 calls $0.25*** 5TH STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [7h 8h 3h Kh] [9d]Dealt to thelash24 [7s 4d] [6s]Dealt to Aleksii [4c Ac] [2s]Dealt to tonkey10 [As 9c] [Ad]tonkey10 checksdeadlois bets $0.50thelash24 calls $0.50Aleksii calls $0.50tonkey10 calls $0.50*** 6TH STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [7h 8h 3h Kh 9d] [6d]Dealt to thelash24 [7s 4d 6s] [Td]Dealt to Aleksii [4c Ac 2s] [Ks]Dealt to tonkey10 [As 9c Ad] [Jd]tonkey10 checksdeadlois bets $0.50thelash24 calls $0.50Aleksii calls $0.50tonkey10 calls $0.50*** 7TH STREET ***Dealt to deadlois [7h 8h 3h Kh 9d 6d] [Qd]tonkey10 checksdeadlois checksthelash24 checksAleksii checks

First Hand - I would probably have check-called 7th street. Can't see you getting a better hand to fold, but you may get a worse hand to call there. Second Hand - check it down on 5th. Stop leading out, especially with the two aces showing, as they aren't going anywhere.

first hand, I know I shouldn't have led out on 7th, and given that I did, I don't think I should call the raise.Second hand, I figured I was getting good value by betting on 5th. I only need to be 33% to win there, so that if I get two callers that is break even. Is this reasonable logic or am I just costing myself money unnecessarily? By the same logic, am I okay leading out on 6th for value with the FD and OESD?

Calling the raise is subjective, as there might be some hands that you can beat that would raise there depending on the opponent, but not many. That is why I suggested check-calling. A worse hand may try to steal it there on 7th as well (forgot to mention that).Second hand - I don't know the exact math there, but in my experience, when someone has an open pair of aces and they check it, they are intending to check-raise. This would have been aperfect time for them to do just that, allowing them to get 3 extra BB in the pot there. This should have cost you another BB, thereby decreasing your odds wouldn't it? They didn't check-raise, but we didn't know at the time that they weren't going to.

Like I say, it was a VERY passive table. I wasnt expecting a reraise. Everyone was slowplaying everything until 7th. A guy check called me down with [99]xx9 when I was showing 6K6.

hand 1: you can't fold 7th with the pot that big. No way. Should you have led...so much funky stuff happens when you're playing .50 that 89 and a ton of worse hands call you, but they usually will bet if checked to. C/C would probably have been better, but it's so close I don't think it makes a difference.hand 2: W/ the other ace showing on 5th to go with the one guys AA, we can be pretty sure he's not going to represent 3 aces. also, he's the last to act this round, so if he does C/R, we can call and get 2 more callers behind us who won't face a double bet. so betting 5th and 6th knowing that we usually get 3 callers is good imo.

Hand 1: I think you played it fine. C/C is ok but since you had been leading out the whole way betting is good. After getting raised, you have to call and payoff the chaserHand 2: folding on 3rd would have been ok since there were 2 dead hearts out, but after calling you have to check on 6th and 7th. betting 5th is ok but your not pushing anyone out on 6th or 7th they know you missed your flush

Hand 2: folding on 3rd would have been ok since there were 2 dead hearts out, but after calling you have to check on 6th and 7th. betting 5th is ok but your not pushing anyone out on 6th or 7th they know you missed your flush
Actually there was only one heart dead, and then for the straight draw there was only one dead J. I figured that with 8 live outs on 5th with the backdoor straight draw as well I was ok betting there rather than C/Cing. On 6th with 13 live outs I thought I was ok betting for value.Am I better C/Cing big draws in multiway pots in general or betting out?
Actually there was only one heart dead, and then for the straight draw there was only one dead J. I figured that with 8 live outs on 5th with the backdoor straight draw as well I was ok betting there rather than C/Cing. On 6th with 13 live outs I thought I was ok betting for value.Am I better C/Cing big draws in multiway pots in general or betting out?
I think it's better to bet out here because you will usually have more equity on this pot than anyone else in this pot. in this case, depending on the types of hands we're going to assign, i'd say you're between 35-45 on 6th street w/ 3 likely callers. so betting imo is good.