Shimmering Wang Says: "great Day"

Adding the "more" makes THAT even more funnier....
touche. BTW, good blog. Unique writing style dude.
touche. BTW, good blog. Unique writing style dude.
Thanks, man. I'm pretty insecure about most everything I write. Posting random stories on this forum and publishing a blog are huge steps for me. My biggest concern is usually my "style" or "voice." I'm paranoid that it sucks.Wang
Thanks, man. I'm pretty insecure about most everything I write. Posting random stories on this forum and publishing a blog are huge steps for me. My biggest concern is usually my "style" or "voice." I'm paranoid that it sucks.Wang
Nope, its very open and pictureesque (sp?). Its almost like a Jerry Seinfeld kinda thing, but you're going for a joke.

I've never really listened to any Radiohead, but I hear they're pretty good. Worth listening to, anyone?I've heard that "Creep" song. I like it when the guitars make that cool noise.

I've never really listened to any Radiohead, but I hear they're pretty good. Worth listening to, anyone?I've heard that "Creep" song. I like it when the guitars make that cool noise.
Well from what I've read, they're just like Coldplay, so you might as well listen to them.

I wish I was the smugtrometer, so I could make a joke about being broken. I went to a jazz concert today, and actually complained about the third saxophone coming in late, and I'm like 1/8th as smug as the radiohead talk going on so far. oh, and i use obtuse fractions, but not because they're fancy, because they're accurate.i loved the absurdity of the story, and i'm not initiated enough into radiohead to have any valid participation in the discussion.

This story can also be found on my blog @ http://www.shimmeringwang.blogspot.com It's a lot easier to read on the blogsite, because I bolded and italicized for more pleasant viewing. I'm not going to take the time to do that here...It's probably not really worthy of a forum topic dedicated entirely to it, but I'm in a pretty good mood, and feel like sharing...I've been feeling pretty awful the past few days: nausea, aching, general malaise and the like. I mistook it for a hangover originally, before I realized that I hadn't even had anything to drink the night before. (As an aside, it's a pretty sobering moment when you have to "realize" that you hadn't boozed yesterday.)But I awoke this morning just before 11 feeling great. I was still feeling the residual effects of being sick, the slight achiness and fuzzy-headedness, but it was nothing when compared to the last 48ish hours. So I popped a caffeine pill, checked my email, and grabbed a fresh towel from my shelf as concious decision to start my day off fresh and clean. When I pulled the blue bath towel from its place a few feet above my head, something green fluttered to the ground. Upon further examination, it was actually 2 green somethings. Well hot damn, $25 bucks! I don't know why the hell I hid 25 dollars in my bath towel, but screw it; this day probably can't get any better. I soaped myself up, dried myself off, and put on my standard afternoon outfit consisting of gym shorts, a cutoff, and my trusted sweat-soaked Party Poker hat.I tossed on my iPod, flipped it to shuffle, and- after skipping a few depressing tracks I was uncharacteristically in no mood for ("Bulletproof... I wish I was", "No Surprises" and "Let Down"- Radiohead; "I'm Ready to Die"- The Unicorns; "Been Smoking too Long"- Nick Drake; "I Can't Seem to Make you Mine"- The Clientele), I was rewarded with some upbeat pop music. I don't know if there's a happier song to listen to on a beautiful day than Architecture in Helsinki's kid-pop anthem "It's 5." I headed off to Oak Street's Bum Market, planning on getting a newspaper so I could finish the Tuesday crossword and soduku to feel great about myself, and maybe a pack of smokes to reward myself for the last 2 days of monkish living.When I got to the counter, I paid with my newly found $5 spot, and took my fifteen cents change. "Hey, you guys got any matchbooks?" Damn, they're all out. Most days, this would be enough to set me on a downward spiral that's likely to end in a 3-day bender and the failed pursuit of anonymous sex. But today I was not to be deterred. There was a pretty young ghetto-looking kid buying a pack of Newport 100s in the box in line behind me, so I waited for him outside.Wang: "Hey, man. You mind if I borow a lighter? I'd really enjoy a smoke on the walk home today."Newport: (produces Bic) "Sup. I'll sell it to you for a dolla."Wang: (confused, laughs uncomfortably) "Haha, yeah."Newport: (raises eyebrows)Wang: "Yeah, but they sell those for a buck inside."Newport: "Yeah, but you gotta pay taxes inside. I'm'a save you sixpence." (Here I've got to call attention to the fact that he really said "sixpence." I'm afriad if I don't point this out, it'll slip by. It's probably the only amusing part of this anecdote, and it completely floored me at the time.)Wang: (pauses for a few moments, utterly astonished) "Naw, that's alright. I just wanted to get a light for the walk home. I've got a ton of lighters around the corner. Thanks anyway." (slips headphones back in and starts to walk away)Newport: "Yo yo , wait. I'll let you borrow my lighter if you gimme 'dat fifteen cents change you got inside..."Wang: (slightly disappointed he didn't use the British vernacular for change again, but in a generous mood) "Yeah, sure man. Whatever. Here."Newport: "Tight."Click. No flame. Click. No flame. CLICK! No flame... click, click, CLICK!Wang: (raises eyebrows)Newport: (shrugs) "I didn't say it'd work, man."Wang: (stares, makes nonplussed face)Newport: "You see me wearing a sign that says 'Mother****ing Refunds?'"Wang: "No, but you're not wearing a sign that says, 'No Refunds' either."Newport: (looks around) "Fine, call the Better Business Bureau, then."At this point I'm unable to even get angry. So far this thuggish guy has surprised me twice. He used the phrase "sixpence" and then referred ironically to the Better Business Bureau. Anybody who exceeds my usually accurate expectations almost always gains my respect. I'd usually make an issue of getting ripped off- even if it's just 15 pence- out of principle, but I liked this guy. A lot. So **** it, right? I just smile, roll my eyes genially, and nod with an abashed look on my face.Newport: (laughs) "What can I say? I'm a hustla, baby!"Wang: (nods again) "Yeah, I dig." (<---- yes, I said "I dig.") "Take it easy, brother." (<---- yes, I called him "brother.")Newport: "Hey, yo. What'choo listening to on that thing?"The song had changed a few times, and I wasn't even really listening.Wang: "Actually, uh. I'm listening to Dr. Octagon right now. 'No Awar-"Newport: (excitedly) "No ****?! Whiteboy? Not John Tesh? Kool Keith can spit, man."Wang: "Yeah, I'm a fan. I think the next song on the playlist is either something by Bon Jovi or Michael Bolton, though."Newport: (laughs) "You straight, kid. Gimme those headphones, let's see if you lyin' to a nigga."Wang: (shrug) "Sure man. Check it out."I hold tight to my iPod nano, and let him slip the headphones on. He listens for about 30 seconds, satisfied, and hands the earphones back.Newport: "Yeah, nigga. This disc was my motha****in JAM like 6 years ago. What else you got on here?"Wang: "Yeah, it's the jumpoff. I dunno, lots of stuff. Lots of Kool Keith, some Doom, some Blackalicious. Edan. Mrs. Jackson, by Outkast. Deltron 3030. Tons of Ghostface. ODB, RZA. The rest is probably white-boy music."Newport: "Yeah, you a nigga, nigga! Straight-up MY nigga!" (awkward handshake chest bump) "Who the **** is Edan, though?"So at this point I fiddled with my iPod, and let him listen to a few minutes of "Torture Chamber." He seemed to enjot it quite a bit.Newport: "Eden? E-d-e-n?"Wang: "Naw, E-d-A-n."Newport: "You got good taste in music. How about you show me some white-boy music? None of that boring ****. Something with some go in it..."Wang: (shrugs) "Sure. You ever heard of Radiohead? Here, listen to this. It's called 'National Anthem.' It's got a pretty good beat, and it's pretty trippy."Newport: (Listens to the first 3 and a half minutes, and gets visibly excited when the jazz trumpets kick in hardcore just before the 3 minute mark) "Man, you ever get high and listen to this?"So, for the next few minutes we just talked about music. He was pretty interested in finding some "white-boy" music he might download and listen to during those "late-night BLAZE sessions" with his buddies. I was happy to oblige. He handed me a pen and some paper, and I wrote down some Radiohead, Flaming Lips, Pink Floyd, and M83 suggestions I thought he'd be sure to enjoy. In return he told me to be sure to listen to the New DJ Drama/Lil' Wayne and T.I. releases.When I turned to walk away, he stopped me again.Newport: "Hey, yo! I don't usually do this, but... Here you go."He reached into his pocket, dug around for a bit, then pulled out another lighter.Wang: (raises eyebrow) "Thanks man."Click. Flame. Burn. Inhale.Newport: "Oh, here." (flips me a dime)Wang: (laughs)Newport: (cryptically) "Hey man. Time's money."(shrug) He can keep the nickel. This story alone's worth 1000 times that.Wang
Id say this is the best one since the homecoming queen one, which we never got part 2 of....hint hint....
LMAO. "Meathockillingus," awesome. 1000 more, 76. And 1000 for Wang.
That is definately my favorite Wang story. I am pretty sure we never got part two even tho a thread was made about it...
That is definately my favorite Wang story. I am pretty sure we never got part two even tho a thread was made about it...
I also like the ' "The excuses to leave kept getting more and more ridiculous, a combination of our increasing intoxication, and the limited number of reasons to leave a formal dinner table at a nice restaurant. The final one, during dessert, was, "We're cold, so we're gonna grab our coats from the car." Unfortunately, the penultimate excuse was, "We're hot, so we're gonna go ahead and drop these coats off in the car." ' part.
I also like the ' "The excuses to leave kept getting more and more ridiculous, a combination of our increasing intoxication, and the limited number of reasons to leave a formal dinner table at a nice restaurant. The final one, during dessert, was, "We're cold, so we're gonna grab our coats from the car." Unfortunately, the penultimate excuse was, "We're hot, so we're gonna go ahead and drop these coats off in the car." ' part.
ya, that was the other part that made me laugh histerically out loud.and the breakdancing contest lol