Yo, haven't posted here in ages.The facts are this:Zim loaned me $2,000 on a stake. I lost the money. It happens, was a weird time in my life. I don't feel good about it, but I don't make excuses for it. I didn't have the money when he asked and didn't pay him back when he kept asking because I just couldn't at the time.A lot of time passed and I hadn't thought about it. That's real shitty of me but it's the truth.When I won the tournaments he made a post, and I took care of as quickly as possible. I promise I would have done the same had he contacted me privately. Whether you believe that or not is ok by me, because I probably wouldn't given the history with Zim.I paid him $1,000 insurance which a lot of people thought was crazy, but I really ****ed Zim over and wanted to somehow show that I was really sorry for what I did.People **** up, and what I did made me a bad person. But it was a stake, and that's part of the risk. I tried to remedy this as best I could when he made the 2p2 post.Anyway, I accept full responsibilty for what I did and I believe I have changed a lot from then. I'm still a kid, but I realize the importance of honoring your word.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I accept full responsibilty for what I did and I believe I have changed a lot from then. I'm still a kid, but I realize the importance of honoring your word.
GET BACK TO YOUR HOLE! :club:

So absolute, are you also saying that you won those back2back majors without any help at all ??????Without selling accounts deep in tourneys or whatever people are accusing or rumored you have done ????

Wouldn't it be funny/interesting if Absolute did sell himself to JJProdigy and it was JJP who made him pay back Zim to decrease the likelyhood that the public would question why a guy who had to borrow a stake last year was now suddenly good enough to win these two tourneys back to back ?Yeah, that was kind of a run on sentence............I'm tired. Nighty night.Glad that you got your money back Zimmer.

Yo, haven't posted here in ages.The facts are this:Zim loaned me $2,000 on a stake. I lost the money. It happens, was a weird time in my life. I don't feel good about it, but I don't make excuses for it. I didn't have the money when he asked and didn't pay him back when he kept asking because I just couldn't at the time.A lot of time passed and I hadn't thought about it. That's real shitty of me but it's the truth.When I won the tournaments he made a post, and I took care of as quickly as possible. I promise I would have done the same had he contacted me privately. Whether you believe that or not is ok by me, because I probably wouldn't given the history with Zim.I paid him $1,000 insurance which a lot of people thought was crazy, but I really ****ed Zim over and wanted to somehow show that I was really sorry for what I did.People **** up, and what I did made me a bad person. But it was a stake, and that's part of the risk. I tried to remedy this as best I could when he made the 2p2 post.Anyway, I accept full responsibilty for what I did and I believe I have changed a lot from then. I'm still a kid, but I realize the importance of honoring your word.
LOL @ this excuse making post. "But it was a stake, and that's part of the risk". Maybe leave stuff like that out next time you post an "apology". 24 years old is still a kid? I don't think so.

Hell, if Zimmy got his money back, /thread. No need to worry about the rest of it in here. We got enough pointless superthreads as it is.

LOL @ this excuse making post. "But it was a stake, and that's part of the risk". Maybe leave stuff like that out next time you post an "apology". 24 years old is still a kid? I don't think so.
As I said before: In my opinion, the "I'm a kid" defense is pretty weak. You have integrity or you don't. This guy is essentially admitting he doesn't.

This guy repaid his debt, plus interest, and grew up a little in the process + found success on his own dime. Can't we just consider this a win/win and be done with it?

I lost a lot more than that trusting a senior member of a certain forum. Kinda busted me out. So anyway have had to start over working on my BR. Glad you only did 5% and yes, I learned a hard and costly lesson.If anyone comes across user name "joppedouwes" on both Full Tilt and Poker Stars, be very weary. Good luck on the feld, hopefully I will manage to get one(BR) going soonish :club:

• 3 weeks later...
Anyway, I accept full responsibilty for what I did and I believe I have changed a lot from then. I'm still a kid, but I realize the importance of honoring your word.
lies

haven't read all this about the "stake" and repayment.from my understanding of cash game staking, if you are staked, and lose the money, you dont owe...if you are loaned money, you do though, yea?meh, im staking a dude right now 5k, and we agreed if he lost the entire stack, he'd pay me back 1500 and i'd absorb the rest...- Jordan

haven't read all this about the "stake" and repayment.from my understanding of cash game staking, if you are staked, and lose the money, you dont owe...if you are loaned money, you do though, yea?meh, im staking a dude right now 5k, and we agreed if he lost the entire stack, he'd pay me back 1500 and i'd absorb the rest...- Jordan
It is assumed that you take the loss if it is a stake.Our situation, it was unclear as to whether it was a stake or a loan. I believed it was a loan because I wasn't exactly on top of things back then. Also, I don't believe he lost the $$ according to the agreement we had (playing at the stakes we agreed upon), and definitely didn't stick to the original agreement where I had access to the account.