No the FCPFC was what i and my team won, it was more so bragging rights out of 81 players.The heads up league which i'm also in is the 500 buy in, my opinion, both have had some no shows, 1 being a 10.00 event the other 500.00 they still have issues.does the larger buy in help make things a little more "action packed?" well no not really, still as much trash talk and hype and excitment.The only good part about higher buy-in is you get more dedicated players, but it still doesnt guarantee some people from acting like Teneight etc..who i'd still like to choke
Royal is right...The HU league has had a ton of defaults and some defaults have been in ultra-important games...Maybe if we made it a 500k buyin...people would be a little more responsible...
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem I see with these type of tournaments, is the scheduling. The HU league works very well because it only takes 2 people to agree on a time. With 6 people per match, it would be very inflexible, and people would miss matches as a result.
QFT.another problem with the FCPFC, imo, was that the matches were scheduled on odd days, and people work, etc., and most of the higher buyin guys were playing the big sunday tournaments. i'd possibly be interested in the 100+, myself, but i'm a bit wary of committing myself before i know the schedule since i'm more concerned with making money on the best poker playin' days than i am about bragging rights on the forum.

This is named FCP Superstars right? Not FCP Freeroll for every 18-poster that wants to play the all in game? People with < 200 posts shouldn't even be considered for the real deal. And preference should be given to participants of the FCP Heads Up League, Forum Challenge, or at the very LEAST Neg-O. If commissioner really wants to put in the extra time for a low buyin event, fine. But this should be called FCP Not So Super-stars.Buyin I'd say minimum $50, $100 is ideal. Plus each tourney match can be $10-20 as well.Seriously though, "FCP Superstars" with a $20 buyin for the whole season? Come on.All that being said, I love the idea in general and think it has a lot of potential. ::Throws his name into the hat::

People with < 200 posts shouldn't even be considered for the real deal. And preference should be given to participants of the FCP Heads Up League, Forum Challenge, or at the very LEAST Neg-O.
Time to pad my post count! +1! :club:
This is named FCP Superstars right? Not FCP Freeroll for every 18-poster that wants to play the all in game? People with < 200 posts shouldn't even be considered for the real deal. And preference should be given to participants of the FCP Heads Up League, Forum Challenge, or at the very LEAST Neg-O. If commissioner really wants to put in the extra time for a low buyin event, fine. But this should be called FCP Not So Super-stars.Buyin I'd say minimum $50, $100 is ideal. Plus each tourney match can be $10-20 as well.Seriously though, "FCP Superstars" with a $20 buyin for the whole season? Come on.All that being said, I love the idea in general and think it has a lot of potential. ::Throws his name into the hat::
I believe if we just did charter members only it would work

I was hoping it wouldn't be $20 per match, so looking at 50-100$ for 5 or 6 matches or so is acceptable. Either way, I'm easy as long as the $ factor doesn't climb too high. I do have children to support along with my gambling addiction. PS: I apologise if I sound too responsible.

Time to pad my post count! +1! :club:
All right, except for sea cuke. haha. There would be obvious exceptions for people deeply involved with FCP poker but not so involved in the forums. But probably not that many.
All right, except for sea cuke. haha. There would be obvious exceptions for people deeply involved with FCP poker but not so involved in the forums. But probably not that many.
can we have some exceptions from the latter end of this...e.g. RKIGS?by latter end, i mean people with posts over 200 who just suck balls.
can we have some exceptions from the latter end of this...e.g. RKIGS ?by latter end, i mean people with posts over 200 who just suck balls.
ive been meaning to ask what this meant
can we have some exceptions from the latter end of this...e.g. RKIGS?by latter end, i mean people with posts over 200 who just suck balls.
Yes, posts and poker playing should by no means be an automatic bid - but then again, RKIGS doesn't play poker anyway does he? Aside from underground $500 buyin play money games.
Yes, posts and poker playing should by no means be an automatic bid - but then again, RKIGS doesn't play poker anyway does he? Aside from underground $500 buyin play money games.
its not really all luck. alot of hustlin in it :club: a fun thing to do is play for real money instead of using monopoly money use cash. fun way to pick up a couple thousand
He's a professional monopoly player, didn't you know?
No the FCPFC was what i and my team won, it was more so bragging rights out of 81 players.The heads up league which i'm also in is the 500 buy in, my opinion, both have had some no shows, 1 being a 10.00 event the other 500.00 they still have issues.does the larger buy in help make things a little more "action packed?" well no not really, still as much trash talk and hype and excitment.The only good part about higher buy-in is you get more dedicated players, but it still doesnt guarantee some people from acting like Teneight etc..who i'd still like to choke
You can choke me if you'd like...i don't mind :club: s/w
what about people who have a little ball sucking and a little non ball sucking. I'm sure no one really knows me on here, except for the occasional quote i generally get ignored when i say something....let me tell you one of these days i'm gonn.....wait i digress. I don't think people should be disallowed entry, but what about a cap at say 72? Or a certain number of spots reserved for people who joined before 2006? etc. I feel if someone is willing to put up $100-$200 for this I would gladly accept them in.And i know i read it somewhere if i remember correctly it has something to do with CUIN4 but what is RKIGS?
I don't think post count should come into qualifying for this. That's just silly.
youre only saying that cause you have less than 200
This is named FCP Superstars right? Not FCP Freeroll for every 18-poster that wants to play the all in game? People with < 200 posts shouldn't even be considered for the real deal. And preference should be given to participants of the FCP Heads Up League, Forum Challenge, or at the very LEAST Neg-O.
I have railed against this in the past so I guess I have to go at it again. Post count is irrelevant. I am a charter member, and I read this forum almost every day for nearly 2 years. Just because I don't feel the need to make a ton of stupid posts to jack up my post count should not some how disqualify me from the event. As for buy-in, I'd prefer $100-$200, but I'll do anything up to $1000. I'm on central time, so you're suggested EST times work pretty well for me. I am very much in favor of a slow schedule since it allows for planning around life and work very much in advance.

i think ppl are complaining about the superstar name but we dont need to make it "superstars" just make it like toe forum open or something like thatbtw in order to keep it like the show i think the levels should each be 30 seconds lol

i think ppl are complaining about the superstar name but we dont need to make it "superstars" just make it like toe forum open or something like thatbtw in order to keep it like the show i think the levels should each be 30 seconds lol
Sorry to dissapoint, but the levels will be 45 seconds(sw)As far as post count dictating entry, I tend to shy away from that, because of the point Kestral makes, it's quality, not quantity. I'd rather let play dictate entry, rather than how many **** and fart jokes you can make in general. Plus, I kind of only have like 115 posts, and half of them are crap. I'd rather see a 'play in' where your play will qualify you.
Sorry to dissapoint, but the levels will be 45 seconds(sw)As far as post count dictating entry, I tend to shy away from that, because of the point Kestral makes, it's quality, not quantity. I'd rather let play dictate entry, rather than how many **** and fart jokes you can make in general. Plus, I kind of only have like 115 posts, and half of them are crap. I'd rather see a 'play in' where your play will qualify you.
or whoever can luckbox there way to the final 24. **paging Jayboogie**

Announcements