• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me. Interested, Also. me commentator. Make show Good.If buy in is more than 250.00 i'm out, if its less than 50. uhh, maybe.
Seconded for Royal as commentator.....all in favor say aye!
Alright, I have recieved over 35 people interested in this event, which is simply awesome. As far as the discrepency of the buyins, I feel it would be best to run two events, one with a buyin of $10-30, and one with a buyin of $100+. This, of course, is pending enough interest for both of these. Also, if you are interested in a freeroll, stay tuned as I am trying to work something else out. Below is a closer idea of the flow of this event.-Qualifying freeroll for low buyin event, top 24 advance-Qualifying freeroll for high buyin event, top 23 guaranteed a seat, 24th pending-Low buyin event, winner of this is given the option to use winnings to buy into the high buyin event, if they opt out of the high buyin event, seat goes to 24th place finisher in qualifyer-High buyin event.Also, I'd like to discuss how fast to do this... once the event is underway, we could blast through everything in a matter of 2 weeks, with a match close to every day. Or take a slower route, stretch it out to 6 weeks, one prelim match a week and the playoffs the final week. As far as days of the week, any day between noon and 3am EST works for me, but I would like to avoid the Neg-o and FCPHUL time slots. That's it for now
I work almost every weekday in the afternoon, so if you're planning on running them in the afternoon, i'd need it to be on saturday or sunday. Otherwise, pretty much every day but Friday's I'm good after 4 pm (central time zone).

The only problem I see with these type of tournaments, is the scheduling. The HU league works very well because it only takes 2 people to agree on a time. With 6 people per match, it would be very inflexible, and people would miss matches as a result.

New information:Scheduling - 90% sure Prelim matches will take place on weeknights (excluding wednesday) between 9-10 EST (flexible though, about 4 hours each way if players would like). Saturday is also possible but not preferred. Players will play once a week during prelims, each playing 5 matches, playing everyone else at least once hopefully. Round of 16 will take place in week 6 and 7, same schedule, once again each player playing once a week. Week 8 will close out with the 2 quarterfinal matches, the two semifinal best of 3 series, and closing with the best of 5 finale. As this schedule is so spread out, the low and high buyin events will more than likely be run simultaniously.Buyin - low is ranging from $20-30, high is still $100+, still want more players opinion on the high buyin. Also, this amount signifies a one time fee, not per match. Also again, the one time fee guarantees 5 prelim matches.All of this will also be posted on the OP, the list of interested participants will be replaced with a #, as I am worried about making too long of a post. I still urge you to pm or email me at fcpsuperstars at gmail dot com, as I will update you about tournament information.

New information:Scheduling - 90% sure Prelim matches will take place on weeknights (excluding wednesday) between 9-10 EST (flexible though, about 4 hours each way if players would like). Saturday is also possible but not preferred. Players will play once a week during prelims, each playing 5 matches, playing everyone else at least once hopefully. Round of 16 will take place in week 6 and 7, same schedule, once again each player playing once a week. Week 8 will close out with the 2 quarterfinal matches, the two semifinal best of 3 series, and closing with the best of 5 finale. As this schedule is so spread out, the low and high buyin events will more than likely be run simultaniously.Buyin - low is ranging from $20-30, high is still $100+, still want more players opinion on the high buyin. Also, this amount signifies a one time fee, not per match. Also again, the one time fee guarantees 5 prelim matches.All of this will also be posted on the OP, the list of interested participants will be replaced with a #, as I am worried about making too long of a post. I still urge you to pm or email me at fcpsuperstars at gmail dot com, as I will update you about tournament information.
Ugh this timing is really bad for me. The earlier the better for me. Weekends would also be really good.Also if you make the higher buy in from like 100-150 I might do that instead.

$20-30 seems good for the buy in for low, but just so im not mistaken it for the whole thing or per game?

Ugh this timing is really bad for me. The earlier the better for me. Weekends would also be really good.Also if you make the higher buy in from like 100-150 I might do that instead.
I'm trying to make the timing as flexible as possible, I felt that 9-10 EST would be the most frequently available time, I'm willing to try to work out scheduling to accomidate everyone as much as possible, even if that means running a few saturday matches if people agree to it.
$20-30 seems good for the buy in for low, but just so im not mistaken it for the whole thing or per game?
all specified buyins are for the whole thingI'm hoping I have some more information for you all tomorrow
I'm trying to make the timing as flexible as possible, I felt that 9-10 EST would be the most frequently available time, I'm willing to try to work out scheduling to accomidate everyone as much as possible, even if that means running a few saturday matches if people agree to it.all specified buyins are for the whole thingI'm hoping I have some more information for you all tomorrow
Imlike the qualifier idea except I thing you should get a 2nd chance. Like top 16 the first qualifier then the final 8 the next that way there a better chance of the best players not getting left out
i really prefer the lower buy-in. if i remember correctly, the FCPFC was a larger buyin thing, let's do something lower that everyone can play.
No the FCPFC was what i and my team won, it was more so bragging rights out of 81 players.The heads up league which i'm also in is the 500 buy in, my opinion, both have had some no shows, 1 being a 10.00 event the other 500.00 they still have issues.does the larger buy in help make things a little more "action packed?" well no not really, still as much trash talk and hype and excitment.The only good part about higher buy-in is you get more dedicated players, but it still doesnt guarantee some people from acting like Teneight etc..who i'd still like to choke

Hi everybody, I'm not at my home office and I'll respond back to zsta2k6's request on Thursday.At first blush this proposal has many challenges and using a freeroll format with tickets is far more complex and time consuming then is realized.

I might be interested in either buy-in. It all depends on schedule. Currently I am working nights and would be available early-mid evening. If my schedule changes back to days, I normally don't get home until most of these type events are over. However, I am expecting to be working nights until at least the end of the year, so I should be flexible about the schedule. I suggest avoiding Friday or Saturday nights, as many people are out doing other things.

Announcements