I think it's a great idea, if documented correctly. I'd like to participate, but my BR, such as it is, can manage only lower stakes, such as 5 or 10 per match. If that fits into the plan, then I'm definitely in.E-mail sent.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for a reasonable price, it would be interesting i think. I will send an email in the morningIra
I agree with this. Either way I don't want to do it unless buy-in is at least $50. Otherwise it's just not worth the time IMO. That said, as I said before, I'm in if we have that buy-in, and I'm feelin' frisky after taking 3rd in a UB $100 buy-in MTT last night.
I would like to, but with College/FCPHUL Season 2 I just probably wouldn't have enough time. It sounds like a real fun event, and if the Commish is anything like Sleuthis, it should run great. GL everyone in it.
The HU season ends soon.....This has possibilities.Get in Zim.I would also be in.
The HU season ends soon.....This has possibilities.Get in Zim.I would also be in.
I know the season ends soon, but I'm likely going to be in season 2. I guess I'll sign up for this, then I can see how it works with my schedule.
I know the season ends soon, but I'm likely going to be in season 2. I guess I'll sign up for this, then I can see how it works with my schedule.
I will also be in season 2...but that starts up NEXT YEAR...Let me mention the mobney...Does a $250 buyin sound about right? (If it's a turbo structure)If we do a slow structured one...I say $500...

Well, I'm seeing quite a skew here. Some won't play because the buy-in might be too high and some won't play if the buy-in isn't high enough tomake it worth their time.Dare I suggest the possibility of 2 tiers, one low buy-in (5 or 10) and one high buy-in (50 or 100)?

i'm interested, but prolly wouldn't do it for anything less than 100... i haven't read the entire thread but someone suggested $250 which sounds about right to me

I'm thinking it could work as a low buyin/freeroll if you could get FCP to sponsor it with prizes in some way. Also, a one-time entry fee would be interesting if that could work out somehow, or a fee per level. There's a lot of different ways on how to work the payment structure.It is nice to see all the interest though.

A one time entry fee might work. Entrants could be assigned a ticket and the tourney could be listed under Restricted. Points could be administered similarly to the Neg-O. Thoughts?

Well, I'm seeing quite a skew here. Some won't play because the buy-in might be too high and some won't play if the buy-in isn't high enough tomake it worth their time.Dare I suggest the possibility of 2 tiers, one low buy-in (5 or 10) and one high buy-in (50 or 100)?
you read my mind, I would not mind at all running 2 of these, one high buyin, one low buyin.
I'm thinking it could work as a low buyin/freeroll if you could get FCP to sponsor it with prizes in some way. Also, a one-time entry fee would be interesting if that could work out somehow, or a fee per level. There's a lot of different ways on how to work the payment structure.It is nice to see all the interest though.
I am leaning towards one time entry fee, then payout similar in structure to the show, both of these to keep people from skipping out on late matches when they are already eliminated.I also made a short test video so you all can see what recorded matches would look like.... the video can be found right here this is without sound... I was going to commentate on it.. but nobody wants to hear that... there will be poker room sounds on actual recordings tho. Also on the final recordings the expanded chat window probably wont be there.
the video isnt working but i like the 2 league idea
having 'technical difficulties' (upload speed is slow as hell).... try again in two minutesEDIT: video is up nowEDIT: mistyped the link, re-click it and it should work... stupid numpad
This is kinda a pride thing though, isn't it? Why does it have to be a "big" buyin?
yeah, i think the point of this is more to compete against everyone from the forums. I dont see the need for a "big" buy in either

theres no way on the FCP software where like an admin can make a replay so we could see the cards?like i know they show replays of events with the hands showing on pokerstars bc if there was some way to do that on FCP id be interested in announcing but idk if its possible on FCP

Alright, I have recieved over 35 people interested in this event, which is simply awesome. As far as the discrepency of the buyins, I feel it would be best to run two events, one with a buyin of $10-30, and one with a buyin of $100+. This, of course, is pending enough interest for both of these. Also, if you are interested in a freeroll, stay tuned as I am trying to work something else out. Below is a closer idea of the flow of this event.-Qualifying freeroll for low buyin event, top 24 advance-Qualifying freeroll for high buyin event, top 23 guaranteed a seat, 24th pending-Low buyin event, winner of this is given the option to use winnings to buy into the high buyin event, if they opt out of the high buyin event, seat goes to 24th place finisher in qualifyer-High buyin event.Also, I'd like to discuss how fast to do this... once the event is underway, we could blast through everything in a matter of 2 weeks, with a match close to every day. Or take a slower route, stretch it out to 6 weeks, one prelim match a week and the playoffs the final week. As far as days of the week, any day between noon and 3am EST works for me, but I would like to avoid the Neg-o and FCPHUL time slots. That's it for now

Announcements