This is a LIVE up-to-the-minute heat index map. Why the hell am I so lucky to live in Iowa where it's currently hotter than Death Valley or Phoenix. High for Monday 7/17/06 in Des Moines 109!!It's HotThis map will update constantly.usheat.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do NOT miss summers in grinnell, iowa. not at all. it's only 35 here, but we speak celsius.
I was concieved in grinnell, iowa, oddly enough, on a cold january night. BTW, to the guy who said something about FLA and humidity, I'll grant you that iowa isn't a swap, but if you think iowa's heat is a dry heat, you're tripping. July in the midwest is a freakning nightmare I am not sorry to miss.
Op where the f*** is Iowa? J/k :club: It's still hotter in Fl, especially Central , cuz of the humidity. So don't complain.
This map is a heat INDEX map, which means that humidity is included... but nice try.
i do NOT miss summers in grinnell, iowa. not at all. it's only 35 here, but we speak celsius.
Did you go to Grinnell College?
I was concieved in grinnell, iowa, oddly enough, on a cold january night. BTW, to the guy who said something about FLA and humidity, I'll grant you that iowa isn't a swap, but if you think iowa's heat is a dry heat, you're tripping. July in the midwest is a freakning nightmare I am not sorry to miss.
QFT... Check the map right now.... it's 112 in the quad cities.. and I don't see a higher temp on the map... including swamps or deserts or F-ING MEXICO!!EDIT: A place in mexico just hit 117... so we are now 2nd.
Be thankful you're not living in Africa where they don't have air conditioners or fans.Unless they're white, anyway...
:club::D:D:D
:club::D:D:D
You forgot to look at his screen name Golden... it explains EVERYTHING.
QFMT. Now walk through cornfields with no shorts allowed for 11 hours a day in this heat. Welcome to my job for the next 3 weeks.
QFMT. Now walk through cornfields with no shorts allowed for 11 hours a day in this heat. Welcome to my job for the next 3 weeks.
Detasilling!! YAY!! You must be in highschool. At least, I hope detasilling isn't your carrerr of choice.
Detasilling!! YAY!! You must be in highschool. At least, I hope detasilling isn't your carrerr of choice.
Actually, just graduated from HS, but my official title is "field inspector". Pretty much a glorified detassler that doesnt' do any detassling. I just walk through the fields after them and take counts of tassles left, silk that's out, tassels throwing that type of ****. It's really not that bad of work but it's just so f'n hot out lately. And no, it's not my career of choice, just summin to fill the void of summer and to get some spending money for college. I actually get paid pretty decently and I get a sh.it ton of hours.