Confessions Of A Reformed Atheist

You know what I like about the idea of the science/logic vs religion is that whenever people try to argue the points of logic and science and how religion is nullified by it, I disagree and tell them simply, "Can't that just be one way God accomplished it?"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what I like about the idea of the science/logic vs religion is that whenever people try to argue the points of logic and science and how religion is nullified by it, I disagree and tell them simply, "Can't that just be one way God accomplished it?"
pointless because that statement just says i believe what i believe through faith (blind-leap) only and i don't require any logical/empirical evidence to do so, which is both illogical and anti-scientific. you can insert anything there for god (easter bunny, Flying S.M. or whatever) and it means the same thing.science/logic is about evidence, and if you don't require any to believe in something there's no point to even debating.
pointless because that statement just says i believe what i believe through faith (blind-leap) only and i don't require any logical/empirical evidence to do so, which is both illogical and anti-scientific. you can insert anything there for god (easter bunny, Flying S.M. or whatever) and it means the same thing.science/logic is about evidence, and if you don't require any to believe in something there's no point to even debating.
Saying something that is created/done through science can be the very evidence of a higher power
Saying something that is created/done through science can be the very evidence of a higher power
Absolute rubbish.One of the fundamental pillars that defines science is that it seeks an explanation within the natural world. ie The explanation requires no super-natural input.Whilst science cannot disprove it one thing that it is impossible for science to do is prove the existence of said deity because of this fundamental principle.
saying it is not evidence. it's just a huge baseless assumption.the only possible "scientific" evidence for a higher power would be to objectively document something metaphysical, and that has never happened and there's no reason to think it ever will.
saying it is not evidence. it's just a huge baseless assumption.the only possible "scientific" evidence for a higher power would be to objectively document something metaphysical, and that has never happened and there's no reason to think it ever will.
What you want will not happen. It's why I cannot help you.