Missing Thread On Shootout Debacle.

where do they get these floor people? I could do a better job.
I heard WSOP floor people are actually out of work actors playing the role of REAL floor people... :D Scene 18 - WSOP PLO Event - take 76 7556402moviesign.gif:club:
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read Mike O'Malley's blog, interesting stuff:

Me: Jimmy, you just made this tournament a shorthanded event and it wasn’t advertised as such. Shootouts are not traditionally short handed to begin with.Jimmy: How do you do it online?Me: Tables are loaded 9 or 10 handed, whatever the site uses. This same event in the WSOP last year was done like that also, why did you change it?Jimmy: They did it wrong last year.Me: I challenge you to find a single Shootout tournament that was ever done this way. I have played 100’s of Shootouts online, I have played Shootouts at the Bike and Commerce as well as the WSOP, never has a Shootout been done like this.Jimmy: What’s the difference? Pretend like you already eliminated four players.Me: I am not a short handed player, there is a big difference, I would like to get a refund, and my stack is still at $2,000.Jimmy: No refunds, tournament already started.Me: What if there were 190 playersJimmy: We wouldn’t play heads-upMe: What’s the cutoff? How many handed would it be?Jimmy: 550 was the cutoff. Anything less than that and we would have gone 10 handed and advanced two.
Wow, that Jimmy sounds like a pompous prick
I just read Mike O'Malley's blog, interesting stuff:Wow, that Jimmy sounds like a pompous prick
Told you! Out of work actor. He forgot his lines... :D:club:

I'm checking out the pokerwire info on the PL omaha....u guys sure they changed it back to rebuys, cuz if so, the bulk of the field didn't actually rebuy?? also, i didn't notice Harry or DN's name in the list of competing players...looks like teh boycott has begun!!

In Late Breaking news..the Main event will start 46 handed..they are bolting 3 tables together. They are also using 4 multi colored decks and adding one suit...(It is not clear what suit it is that they are adding...maybe UNO cards or something)Wraparound straights are allowed and jokers will be introduced. It is not clear wether 5 of a kind will beat a straight flush though.
any wilds??
In Late Breaking news..the Main event will start 46 handed..they are bolting 3 tables together. They are also using 4 multi colored decks and adding one suit...(It is not clear what suit it is that they are adding...maybe UNO cards or something)Wraparound straights are allowed and jokers will be introduced. It is not clear wether 5 of a kind will beat a straight flush though. But one thing is for certain, two pair will beat trips if the player holding trips doesn't have the pocket pair. Also if pocket aces get all in against pocket kings, the pot will be split unless one player chooses to open-farrell.
FYPYP
Great Video Blog Daniel which of course I saw but what can we do? They continue to walk all over us and refuse to listen....The WSOP have gone too far and this is the final straw.We need to get as many high profile players as possible together and do something to MAKE THEM SIT UP AND LISTEN.
To repeat what I said in the previous thread that has since mysteriously vanished...Two words: PLAYERS UNIONI am not kidding. Harry, Daniel, I really hope you will consider this. I would do it myself, but I'm no pro like you two. And I don't mean a union of just pros either, I mean everyone. Once you have the numbers on your side you can force companies like Harrah's to either abide by union rules or lose half of their customers. This is the only true power you will ever have over them.I know it's a lot to take on, but if you don't do it, who will? If you decide you want to do this, I will be the first to volunteer to work for you to get it up and running, free of charge (I produce films so I promise you I can get it done). I hope you'll think about it.Carol P

I will not play another wsop event until I have had a meeting with Jeffrey Pollack and any other senior executives present and only then subject to a satisfactory outcome.As for the PLO event they decided late yesterday to change it to a rebuy tournament and this morning agreed to offer disatisfied customers a refund as it was listed as a freezeout by mistake.Then they reconsidered and made it the advertised freezeout event with a buy in of $1500 and then introduced a second $1500 PLO event with rebuys that started at 4-00pm.Re: Cardplayer and Pokerwire updates that mentioned my incident I was informed that powers above decided to have them removed. BY WHOM I DO NOT KNOW ie it could have been at The Rio's request or at the Cardplayer or PokerWire bosses requests I DO NOT KNOW but am trying to find out so cannot jump the gun here.

In Late Breaking news..the Main event will start 46 handed..they are bolting 3 tables together. They are also using 4 multi colored decks and adding one suit...(It is not clear what suit it is that they are adding...maybe UNO cards or something)Wraparound straights are allowed and jokers will be introduced. It is not clear wether 5 of a kind will beat a straight flush though.
LOL! NH sir :club:
Re: Cardplayer and Pokerwire updates that mentioned my incident I was informed that powers above decided to have them removed. BY WHOM I DO NOT KNOW ie it could have been at The Rio's request or at the Cardplayer or PokerWire bosses requests I DO NOT KNOW but am trying to find out so cannot jump the gun here.
Who cares about journalistic integrity?

I support you guys and your effort. :club: If I had enough money to play in the WSOP, I would gladly stand with you and not play in any more events. Isn't there some sort of players union? If not you two should lead the effort in it's creation.

It's so bizzare that one of the threads deleted by a hacker was Harry's. It could have been the same guy who deleted both Cardplayer and Pokerwires reports of the event. Conspiracy....
Dude Cardplayer and Pokerwire more than likely deleted the posts because Harrahs instructed them to , they have exclusive rights granted by Harrah's....this is bs.... Trying to censor what ppl hear wtf is going on with Harrahs and Cardplayer is trying to cover this crap up?? This is ridiculous, I am actually wishing I wasn't playing in the ME (My first Year). The stuff that has been going on this year is completely unacceptable from not paying someone who cashed to misplacing peoples cash boxes, the whole shootout episode, Andy Bloch being removed for spotting marked cards in the deck and then being ejected for it? This is my firsy year playin in the ME and will be the last unless there are serious changes. I am very dissapointed with the WSOP and we should stand up to this ppl and petition for serious changes.

I think the best thing to be done, would be to make it known that the players want Matt Savage running the WSOP and nobody else. Hell, even Dave Lamb the TD at Canterbury would do a better job than this staff of idiots at the WSOP. Matt Savage would never do any of the things they have done with the WSOP this year, and most definately wouldn't have told any player, pro or not, to shut up.

I think the best thing to be done, would be to make it known that the players want Matt Savage running the WSOP and nobody else. Hell, even Dave Lamb the TD at Canterbury would do a better job than this staff of idiots at the WSOP. Matt Savage would never do any of the things they have done with the WSOP this year, and most definately wouldn't have told any player, pro or not, to shut up.
i would take either matt savage or jack mcclelland, both have proven they have what it takes to handle major events well.

Harry, I just wanted to say that I so admire your integrity on this matter. Both you and daniel are poker players that young players should look up to as role models. Heck even us older ones look up to both of you. Good luck and keep up the good work. You are one of my favorite players and yep I had you on my fantasy pool too. :club: Please keep us informed of what is going on.

It's sad that something that should be so prestigous as the WSOP is being ruined by these unknowing fools. I mean if you signed up for the PLO the day before and showed up the next day to play the entire rules and structure had changed like three times. :club: by the way Harry and Daniel, thaks for taking time last week to sign my hat, you guys rule.

I will not play another wsop event until I have had a meeting with Jeffrey Pollack and any other senior executives present and only then subject to a satisfactory outcome.As for the PLO event they decided late yesterday to change it to a rebuy tournament and this morning agreed to offer disatisfied customers a refund as it was listed as a freezeout by mistake.Then they reconsidered and made it the advertised freezeout event with a buy in of $1500 and then introduced a second $1500 PLO event with rebuys that started at 4-00pm.Re: Cardplayer and Pokerwire updates that mentioned my incident I was informed that powers above decided to have them removed. BY WHOM I DO NOT KNOW ie it could have been at The Rio's request or at the Cardplayer or PokerWire bosses requests I DO NOT KNOW but am trying to find out so cannot jump the gun here.
All this has really tarnished the luster for me personally. I am very disappointed with Harrahs and the WSOP. so so sad.I hope your concerns are heard and that somehow this is slavaged Harry...for all of our sakes, pro and wanna be alike.A giant black eye for poker indeed.

Here is Barry Shulman's response to my e-mail regarding coverage of the shootout. My original e-mail is below.He (not surprisingly) has Harrah's back on this issue.Thanks for the input. I have no clue about what was or wasn't reported, yet alone the bent. I can tell you that I was in the room and amazed that Harry or anybody else would not cheer how things were handled. It was absolutely the right decision to work the numbers to get to 100 tables. Harry was making a huge fuss (he is a good friend by the way), and that is what caused him to be evicted, not that he oppossed a decision. I can tell you from a business perspective, it is not our general concept to highlight poor sportsmanship. The TV guys know that sells, but we like to stick with poker. Regardless, all my comments are general, and again, I have no idea what was or wasn't reported. Barry- During the $2,500 shootout event at the WSOP Harry Demetriou became very upset about the event starting six handed. As I understand, he became so upset and agitated he was asked to leave. Cardplayer originally had reported this on their daily coverage of the event. Then, it suddenly disappeared off of the report. Why would Cardplayer cover up the incident? Harry has been vocal about his displeasure with this event, so is Cardplayer attempting to protect Harrah’s? I am subscriber to your magazine and enjoy it very much. I trust the integrity of the magazine; I rely on that integrity to give me the honest look into what is going on in the poker world. When the decision is made to edit out a report that is unfavorable to Harrah’s it makes me question the integrity of your entire organization. I look forward to your response.

If I had enough money to play in the WSOP, I would gladly stand with you and not play in any more events.
Lol. POTD. Personally, I'm borrowing from my college fund for WSOP, but boycotting the events. I'll post when I go broke.
Here is Barry Shulman's response to my e-mail regarding coverage of the shootout. My original e-mail is below.He (not surprisingly) has Harrah's back on this issue.Thanks for the input. I have no clue about what was or wasn't reported, yet alone the bent. I can tell you that I was in the room and amazed that Harry or anybody else would not cheer how things were handled. It was absolutely the right decision to work the numbers to get to 100 tables. Harry was making a huge fuss (he is a good friend by the way), and that is what caused him to be evicted, not that he oppossed a decision. I can tell you from a business perspective, it is not our general concept to highlight poor sportsmanship. The TV guys know that sells, but we like to stick with poker. Regardless, all my comments are general, and again, I have no idea what was or wasn't reported. Barry- During the $2,500 shootout event at the WSOP Harry Demetriou became very upset about the event starting six handed. As I understand, he became so upset and agitated he was asked to leave. Cardplayer originally had reported this on their daily coverage of the event. Then, it suddenly disappeared off of the report. Why would Cardplayer cover up the incident? Harry has been vocal about his displeasure with this event, so is Cardplayer attempting to protect Harrah’s? I am subscriber to your magazine and enjoy it very much. I trust the integrity of the magazine; I rely on that integrity to give me the honest look into what is going on in the poker world. When the decision is made to edit out a report that is unfavorable to Harrah’s it makes me question the integrity of your entire organization. I look forward to your response.
Translation: Harrah's owns Shulman and Cardplayer