Missing Thread On Shootout Debacle.

Can anyone explain why the thread about my run in at The WSOP has disappeared?I've been out with friends for a few hours and wanted to catch up with any follow up posts but it appears to have disappeared.I'm not aware of having posted any untruths on my part and can only assume that some kind of offending post or litigation has been threatened because of a subsequent post and would welcome any information on this.Just seems a bit weird to me.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a few posts have gone missing ~ not just yours remember the stickys .... all goneyou up grade your ipod shuffle yet ?
Yeah, the board appears to be having issues, I don't think you have to worry about your thread being deleted.
a few posts have gone missing ~ not just yours remember the stickys .... all goneyou up grade your ipod shuffle yet ?
Due to improved performances at the poker tables in recent times I am pleased to announce that I now own a 4 gb NANO ;-)

Harry I am very upset at Harrahs as well. Too many things to write about now, but it was all topped off when I found they had today changed the 1500 PLO to a rebuy.... Thanks so much for the 24 hours of notice Harrahs!

Not sure if you saw my blog Harry, but I'm not going to sit idly by while they destroy the WSOP. I won't be playing in the tournaments until something is done about the mockery that is taking place down there.

Not sure if you saw my blog Harry, but I'm not going to sit idly by while they destroy the WSOP. I won't be playing in the tournaments until something is done about the mockery that is taking place down there.
I hope you haven't missed that they as recently as last night, changed the 1500 PLO to a rebuy tourney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good God man, are they just throwing dice up in the offices to decide what rules they're going to have the next day????

I am here in Vegas at my apartment just outside Summerlin and was planning on railing the WSOP a lot, just for future information. I got to rail it one night, when John Phan lost HU to John Ferberger which was also the first day of the HORSE tourney, where I got to rail DN with CobaltBlue and a few others. That was definitely a great time, but now after all this talk, I will not be making my way down to The Rio anymore for the rest of the series. Its too bad, I was going to play some satellites and try my hand at an event or two.JEFF

Ok, I played the shootout too. And I was pretty upset when we found out we were 6 handed. But to be fair, at least I showed up at the event on time and was able to adjust. By showing up late DN didn't give himself a chance to adapt to the situation. If poker is your job, showing up an hour and a half late is unacceptable. Also there was no guarantee that his calculation of amount of blinds was going to work in a shootout. There was one table done in 45 minutes. With that many eliminations, even 10 handed DN would have been blinded to almost nothing in 2 hours. (yes, I know play would have been more conservative yada yada yada).I have to say that what Harrah's did was a little disapointing. On the bright side though I got to play with Humberto Brennes and Men Nguyen. (nice... 6 handed I drew these 2). Humberto played super-conservative, and I actually picked up like 5 different tells on Men. Televised poker is going to be really bad for the players showing their hole cards. TV helped me bust Men. So on to day 2. We are now 10-handed (at least that's what they said).

Harry D. and DN,Bravo as always for speaking up for what you guys believe is wrong. Too many people usually just sit around or watch as things unfair or wrong take place. I've never been to the WSOP yet but I had intentions of going next year...hope you guys can get some better treatment for players(customers) that the big business poker world seems to be forgetting now.

Sorry, I missed the thread that was deleted and the stickied threads are gone. Can I get a quick recap of what the issue was? I do applaud HD and DN for speaking out. The only way to fix things is to tell them what's wrong. Keep fighting the good fight.

Sorry, I missed the thread that was deleted and the stickied threads are gone. Can I get a quick recap of what the issue was? I do applaud HD and DN for speaking out. The only way to fix things is to tell them what's wrong. Keep fighting the good fight.
watch DN's latest video blog for a good explanation.
Harry I am very upset at Harrahs as well. Too many things to write about now, but it was all topped off when I found they had today changed the 1500 PLO to a rebuy.... Thanks so much for the 24 hours of notice Harrahs!
I heard that todays was event was originally supposed to be a £1500 Pot Limit Omaha event with rebuys but that they misprinted the literature. This would make perfect sense as a freezeout PLO tourney would be pretty fast with only 1500 statring chips.Howvever I also heard that they were going to leave it as published (a freezeout) because of the typing omission.To be honest I believe that them changing it back to a rebuy tournament is the correct thing to do but what they should have done is highlighted it to everyone at the time of the buy in - ie they should have put notices up or printed this on the tickets.Now that it has changed I would also think that the FAIREST and most SENSIBLE thing to do is for them to make an announcement before start of play that anyone wanting a refund could withdraw and get their money back in full prior to the start of play.In fact should anyone from The WSOP read this I would actually bet that it would be odds on that they announce refunds available prior to the start of play for all who want them.It would be the VERY LEAST they could do.

My big issue here with the PLO going from rebuy to no rebuy back to rebuy is that there are a lot of lower limit grinders at the WSOP. While many pros can afford this, there are a lot of people who just want the chance to play in a WSOP event. They're very lucky this was PLO and not NLHE, because the problem would be amplified a hundred times, but the problem is still there. Basically, Harrah's is in a "no win" situation. The situation is their fault, which makes me less likely to forgive this type of incompetence. Not being familiar with WSOP history too much, can either Harry or Daniel tell me if something like this, the entirety of problems, happened when the series was run by Binion's? Daniel, I support your boycott 100%. Thank you for standing up for what's right.

Great Video Blog Daniel which of course I saw but what can we do? They continue to walk all over us and refuse to listen.I can't sleep. Went to bed at 4-00am and am up and on the net prior to 7-00am. All this certainly isn't helping my poker and I can do without the distractions.The WSOP have gone too far and this is the final straw.We need to get as many high profile players as possible together and do something to MAKE THEM SIT UP AND LISTEN.I have already been contacted by radio shows and magazines for interviews but I want to calm down before shooting from the hip.The WSOP has brought poker into disrepute and brought into question the integrity of the game that you and I love so much and continued to ignore the warning signs from the players who have tried to help them avoid making these atrocious decisions and blunders.I sent them a long letter last year which they chose to ignore instead of embracing willing volunteers who could help them they chose to allow concerns to fall on deaf ears and so now we reach this position where everyone is unhappy.I think it's unlikely that I will play any further events although I am already entered for the main event and their rules do not permit refunds for early entrants.Perhaps I will launch a legal challenge I'll have to ait and see but one thing I do know for sure is that they had better open up a communication channel with the players within 48 hours or all hell may break out.
Great Video Blog Daniel which of course I saw but what can we do? They continue to walk all over us and refuse to listen.I can't sleep. Went to bed at 4-00am and am up and on the net prior to 7-00am. All this certainly isn't helping my poker and I can do without the distractions.The WSOP have gone too far and this is the final straw.We need to get as many high profile players as possible together and do something to MAKE THEM SIT UP AND LISTEN.I have already been contacted by radio shows and magazines for interviews but I want to calm down before shooting from the hip.The WSOP has brought poker into disrepute and brought into question the integrity of the game that you and I love so much and continued to ignore the warning signs from the players who have tried to help them avoid making these atrocious decisions and blunders.I sent them a long letter last year which they chose to ignore instead of embracing willing volunteers who could help them they chose to allow concerns to fall on deaf ears and so now we reach this position where everyone is unhappy.I think it's unlikely that I will play any further events although I am already entered for the main event and their rules do not permit refunds for early entrants.Perhaps I will launch a legal challenge I'll have to ait and see but one thing I do know for sure is that they had better open up a communication channel with the players within 48 hours or all hell may break out.
great post harry, the problem is that they dont have to worry about losing a few people because the damned thing has gotten so big. i agree that getting some of the big named players might help, but i wonder if the phil iveys, doyle brunsons and johnny chans will make a stand ? seems to me its in their best intrest to do so, but the purses are getting so big maybe they have that dont rock the boat mentality.shrug... i do hope something changes, but i doubt it, ratings will still be through the roof even if a few of the " bigger" named pros bow out of the wsop in the future, not much leverage there im afraid..although i hope im wrong..either way good luck in the m.e. harry
I think it's unlikely that I will play any further events although I am already entered for the main event and their rules do not permit refunds for early entrants.
I've got you in my fantasy pool. :club: We do support you and enjoy your insights into the game we all love. Thx.

Nothing sends a message to corporate America like a boycott.If most of the pros bailed or threatened to walk out and never come back I dare say they would be much more inclined to hear your very valid complaints. Strength in numbers. Is this just growing pains for Harrahs or mindless greed? The jury is still out but it sure looks like all are suffereing for Harrah's bottom line at the moment.This will be my first Main Event after 3 years of eyeing this prize and now I have to enter what is essentialy my "dream come true" with a dark cloud above it all. So sad.Keep up the good fight Harry (and Daniel...and everyone else who is livid!).

I hope you haven't missed that they as recently as last night, changed the 1500 PLO to a rebuy tourney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good God man, are they just throwing dice up in the offices to decide what rules they're going to have the next day????
A few practical thpughts on why they should not make late changes like this (everyone should have been notified weeks in advance of the change to the printed format which card player still has as PLO NO REBUYS):Firstly someone staying at the off site from The Rio may well turn up and not know it is now a rebuy tourney and as such may not bring enough money with them for rebuys/add onsOthers who have already entered may not have budgeted for rebuys or may not be able to afford them.Every player when arriving at The Table whether at the start or if they turn up late should be informed by the dealer that this is now a rebuy tourney as they may miss any announcement prior to the start of play.As such and purely because of these few things alone they MUST refund anyone's money who wishes to withdraw.Wouldn't it be greta if EVERYONE chose to withdraw (I'm too idealistic to believe this could happen).How about when play starts every single player stands up for five minutes and moves away from the tables thereby rendering all hands dead as nobody is at their seat? It would demonstarte the displeasure of whats going on, show solidarity and send a clear message don't you think?But how could I orchestrate such a thing without access to a microphone and surely I would get evicted before I could make a public announcement?I live in hope......................
How about when play starts every single player stands up for five minutes and moves away from the tables thereby rendering all hands dead as nobody is at their seat? It would demonstarte the displeasure of whats going on, show solidarity and send a clear message don't you think?
Seeing as no major changes are likely to happen this year...I think this might be the best idea yet...just a reminder that without the players...the WSOP is dead.

Follow the moneyAlthough a boycott by a lot of big name players would be something, ESPN will have more clout. The advertising expectation for Harrah's is where the juice is.Get ESPN on your side and you have clout, without them you are a tree in the forest. All the other efforts are leaving you without a platform. ESPN is the platform.Good Luck Harry.