Very Disappointed That I Bought Stacked /w Daniel Negreanu

I'm thinking he has to have a good defense for himself because I don't think he's the type to endorse something like this. Maybe he was lied to etc, I just want to hear from him. Don't you?
Honestly? I don't care what he says. It doesn't change anything. Heck, half you people here think we're lying. Even after the response from tech support that has been published and ASSENTED BY A DEVELOPER, we've been told that it's a lie , and obviously the game doesn't work that badly.What can Daniel say to that? I mean, it's not like he has any facts that are relevent. It's not that he can change it. He can't make the game better. And, if I know contracts and endorsements correctly, he can't talk about its flaws without paying a serious fine. He HAS to endorse the game. It's what he was paid to be.So really, what can be done or said about this game by Daniel. Either he knew or he didn't. If he knew, he's certainly not going to come out and tell everyone that he's a baldfaced liar. If he didn't, then he's so out of touch with the game that he's sold heavily. But either way, there's nothing left for him to say.
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read any responses yet but...........your parents have an XBOX? I guess that's kind of cool, I'm not sure though.

Perhaps you didn't notice that you were playing the popular poker variant Omaholdemha.
hahaha
He didn't just go on MTV. He went on High Stakes Poker and had a stacked tournament. He went on various other shows. Before he got in with FCP and when he was with Poker Mountain, he was taking this game around with an MTV crew. The fact is, it wasn't just a company representative.. you can see Daniel playing this game all over the place. Let's not pretend like this is something Daniel JUST picked up and started talking about. He's been in bed with these guys from the start.Look, all that Daniel craps is not gold. He talked this game up, and got a lot of people to talk it up for / with him. Now it sucks. Stop defending his talking it up.. he was involved with a massive , multimillion dollar disaster. At the end of this thing, there will be contracts voided/violated.. lawsuits.. and the whole nine yards as everyone tries to save face, from Myelin to Daniel to MTV.Fact is, if Daniel learned anything, it's not to brag about how cool your product is a year and a half before you sell it.
Ok, now I understand some of the disappointment of this game not be everything that was said to be (revolutionary AI, bugs, etc). But lawsuits? Voided contracts? What exactly do you mean.
Ok, now I understand some of the disappointment of this game not be everything that was said to be (revolutionary AI, bugs, etc). But lawsuits? Voided contracts? What exactly do you mean.
Well, when people enter into endorsements and such, things are expected of them. And this game is HORRIBLY unsuccessful. It's going to end up trickling down to the company that made it, and it's going to result in them losing jobs, etc. MTV is going to lose money on this. So too is Myelin, and 5000ft. And when people lose money, people get sued. Nobody wants to be left having lost the most money. Voided contracts come in to play when certain targets are not met or things are not done properly, and in this situation, a lot of people are going to argue that things were not done properly.A game like stacked costs millions to promote and design. When the market value of such a product does not meet its expectations, nobody wants to take the blame for it. And when business people don't want to take blame, they let lawyers play the games for them.
what's dissapointing the most is DN apparently just ignoring this issue, choosing not to explain his side of the story.
What makes you think he owes you anything? Cause he posts here? I agree the game sucks and sucks hard. But I don't need Daniel to post here giving his side. Why do you? What makes you so special to deserve such a thing?
This ****ing thread still going? Good thing whininess isn't a fossil fuel, we'd all be dead from the pollution...
QFTEdited to add:We here at the forum (and the online poker comm. for that matter) should be happy that people are learning to play poker from **** games. They will have won everything on these games, be like, woot i am the best poker player ever, i won Stacked, yea for me! I'll continue this online.Then the luser depos $1k which goes directly to our wallets. YEA!
What makes you think he owes you anything? Cause he posts here? I agree the game sucks and sucks hard. But I don't need Daniel to post here giving his side. Why do you? What makes you so special to deserve such a thing?
When did I ever say he owes me anything? This is his forum, it's his game, I would think he would say something on the matter after all that endless pimping of the game in the past. It's just dissapointing that he chooses not to say anything about it to his supporters here on his forum who went out and bought the game because of him, that's all.

this is what he would say.... "I'm rich, btch" and then jump into the swimming pool filled with money he made from endoursing stacked.What's DN really supposed to say? Sorry your game sucked, here's a refund from me? Sorry you're such a big fan boy of mine that you pre ordered thsi game and didn't wait for any game review, or like just rent the game from blockbuster instead of buying it?After the whole poker mountain debacle, Brand Negruanu really didn't mean a whole lot to me, I don't think quality of product really is first and foremost on his mind, and size of endoursment check is. Which I can't really blame him, I'd sure be cashing in as much as I could if I were a celeb. And maybe the Stacked people really did wow him with their jargon and what not, and he bought into it. But when it comes down to it, as has been stated multiple times on this thread.. this is a VIDEO GAME ABOUT POKER, how good did you really think it would be.

The real issue here is the simple fact that STACKED doesn't follow the Universal Rules of Texas Hold'em and Dan W. of myelin media support has given an absurd response to the problem. Daniel, what are your thoughts on the matter?I could care less about the gameplay, because most of us are in agreeance that poker video games are mostly awful...but when an employee of myelin media has made it clear that STACKED plays by rules that aren't universal to the game, then this becomes a problem as it has been marketed as a Texas Hold'em game. After playing STACKED for the hundreds of hours you claim Daniel, did you ever come across this 'Non-Texas Hold'em Rule' in the game? If so why didn't you have the problem corrected? I'm almost 100% positive that you never came across this issue while playing the game, however I'm not 100% positive that you played the game for any significant amount of time. On the other side, if this topic in the forum has been the first time you've been made aware of this problem with your game STACKED, then what are you going to do to make it right? This guy Dan W. is obviously a joke but he has been the only person to speak on behalf of the company and until we hear from somebody else we are left only to believe that STACKED doesn't use or intend to use the universal rules of Texas Hold'em.

Help me.
ROFLMAO :club: And WTF is "agreeance"?

I think some of you were over zealous on condemning the need for a poker video game. There are times that you do not have access to a computer to go online to play. My son loves World Championship Poker game on his gameboy. He is too young to play online.............admittedly not in the "MTV" target market for Stacked. My boys take the PS2 with them camping and when they stay at their grandparents. There are places where you can't just get on the internet to play. \I have no desire to play a poker video game, but to each his own. The whole "split pot" issue is disgraceful.....I can't believe they were not apologetic for not knowing the correct rules.

Help me.
vvnh!
ROFLMAO :club: And WTF is "agreeance"?
"agreeance" is a reeally gay, corporate way of saying "in agreement". If you work in an office, you'll hear it some. Make sure it's on your BS Bingo card when you go to a meeting.
When did I ever say he owes me anything?
Your two previous posts prior point in that direction.You just sit there and hit refresh for the next year and MAYBE he will come in here and respond. But you might be better off going outside and playing with your friends.