Time To Show Support For Daniel

I am happy to see Chip, Doyle, and Ivey there. The whole goal of this tournament for me was to prove that the TRUE greats will get there in a HORSE format... I think the final table we have proves that point quite well. Good luck to the boys!!!
Not to disagree with you at all but the buyin for this tournament pretty much limited the field to fairly big pros. I'd guess at least half of the field was made up of serious long time winning players who could be called great poker players. Now I'm sure that not all the top names are really great players in this format but still ....My question (to DN and others with an opinion) is ... what shows that the greats will "get there in a HORSE format" better: a 50K buyin where half the field are "greats" or a smaller buyin where the greats would be outnumbered say 4:1 at the start.I suppose the answer is that it takes different skills to get through a field of donkeys vs a field of truly good players. Have to say though that I'd be happy to someday be half as good as any of the final table guys. This was a truly great tournament.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel is a class act for starting this forum and being so accessible to all of his fans.
yeah, thanks for being there to answer questions and such daniel. you'd never see tom cruise doing something like this (and you probably do have more fans than tom these days :club: )

I'm picking up on this thread late, but wanted to chime in along with all the other great responses I have seen. I do more lurking than posting here, but seeing the show of support in this thread makes me honestly proud to be a part of this forum community.It seems like a few years back it was the cool thing to be on the Daniel bandwagon and support him which is easy to do when he had a year like he did back then. As we all know the true sign of not being a fair weather fan is supporting him when he has some downs. Let's keep in mind though that a lot of people wish they had a bad run like this. Tunica, the Tourney of Champions and a final table this year. Not bad at all, but I think as Fidler put it when he came in second you tend to get more beat down and need reflection to celebrate the successes.I applaud Daniel for feeling confident going in to the H.O.R.S.E. event. I mean he openly admits when he isn't on his game, or not there as we was for the Hold EM event the other day and at the same time speaks up when he feels confident about his chances. Isn't that exactly why he's become so popular? He lets us all in to many aspects of his life that no one ever would see. Don't see other pros doing the same, but apparently that gift leads to more criticism than appreciation from certain people.That being said, I first want to throw out more kudos to Steve for starting this thread. As always he is a great ambassador for this forum, but also provides his usual intelligent meaningful type of post which I know we all benefit from. He's the perfect person to start something like this up.Next I think it's important to add my personal support for DN. I have always enjoyed watching him play and I think we all enjoy his personality and style at the table. I just hope he always knows that many us of support him whether he is running good, or bad because we support the person not the results.Good luck the rest of the way this WSOP Daniel. I have a good feeling that your actions in the coming weeks will speak loudly as we all believe you will have some great success. Thanks again for everything that you do.

daniel will be ok ..he doesnt need rah rah threads...he is a good player and winning is all the revenge he needs im sure...that being said, wasnt 90210 a great show??

Excellent post Steve. I have total respect for Daniel, his style of play, and the things he does with FCP (both the poker room, and for forum members).I had a chance to watch Daniel play at his HORSE table on Day 2, and you could definitely see the frustration of not having any hands to play, and this was during the Hold 'em and O/8 rounds. Still, when he was in pots, he was playing well and winning most of them, of course, there were only a few. Even though Daniel was mucking 98% of his hands, you could see the focus on his face. Very impressive.I then got a chance to catch up with him right before and during the first break of the $2000 event (which I busted out of early :club:). There was that sense that he was pretty tired and didn't want to be there, but at the break, he was more than willing to take a few photos with fans. He was very cool and we had a chance to talk for a few minutes, mostly about the HU league. I appreciated the chance to introduce myself, and the fact he recognized my forum name was cool too.I've always been supportive of Daniel. Wearing FCP apparrel at the WSOP sure started a lot of conversations at the side games, which is a good thing. There are a lot of fans out there, and when I came back to the table and mentioned that I chatted with DN for a minute or two, people were very inquisitive about the type of person he is, which shows support IMO. In regards to the WSOP, I've always been supportive of whether DN wants to play or not, or if he wants to golf instead of playing poker. Hell, if I could play more golf than work, I would too! I'm also supportive of his play in general. I have a great time following his progress, and the fact that he makes efforts to post his progress WHILE in a tournament is awesome too.I guess, in a nutshell, that's my long-winded way of thanking Daniel and throwing my name in the ring as another supporter.

Good use of the forum. Daniel has done so much for all of us. He is not only a great poker player, but even a better person. He has done so much for so many people. So this is to DN. GL BRO best of luck, we r all here to suppurt through many more bracelets and support you throught tough times. GO DN!!!!

• 3 weeks later...