Time To Show Support For Daniel

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. If you're feeling down DN, roll around in a pile of cash. That always helps.2. Even I don't win every tournament. Sometimes I don't even when I'm playing sober. And sometimes, sometimes I don't even win when I'm sober and trying. This means that no man alive can win every tournament.3. You may not even be feeling down, if that's the case; Hello.4. This one is for Steve. Since you started this thread in your consistent style of being an all-around nice guy, I'll throw in some counseling for you as well.Don't "lol" at your own jokes. lol See what I mean?

Well put bro.Good Luck Daniel.All the best and I hope its you and Hellmuth in the Final of the Main Event!!
Come in Daniel!Keep up the workdont worry about failing

Here's the reasons why Daniel is at the top and a class act.1 - Amazing, successful cardplayer - proving it time and time again.2 - He has a personality! Millions of dollars doesn't seem to have changed his personable, friendly ways. Seems to always be thinking about his fans and poker as a whole.3 - He actually has had his "fans" in his own home!! If opening up the doors to your home doesn't say that he is grounded, respects the people that follow his career, and appreciates them - then to me nothing does. He doesn't have to have " weekend at Daniels" type of contests but I assume he does it because it is a little out of the ordinary and he enjoys being with people that share the same passion as he does FCP and Poker!Great job this year Daniel !! Keep going - many many more events!We are behind you here at FCP

I'd give him a fist-pound.Thanks for everything you've done in the world of poker, but especially for giving your time and resources to this forum.

DN is a world class poker player and contributes positively to the growth and promotion of poker. He seems to have the respect of almost all poker professionals. It can even be read or heard all the time where poker pros say that Daniel Negreanu winning the WSOP Main Event would be very positive for the growth and promotion of the game. This forum is interesting because of DN's contributions and insights into the game and other aspects of the poker world in general.

All Im gonna say is when was the last time you heard of any other Poker pro inviting a bunch of his or her fans to Las Vegas for Freerolls and night clubs. Daniel does more for his fans then any other Poker Pro, thats why he is well liked. Daniel & FCP rule and 99.9% of this forum knows that. Its well known that most of us, including myself, take offense to Daniel bashing (constructive criticism or not) on this Forum. He opens up his life for all to see and sometimes it backfires. The guy is a stand up dude and he tells it like it is which unfortunately confuses some people on this forum.

Am I missing something? Why are so many people saying DN is having a bad WSOP? He ran really bad in one tourney that he probably wanted to win more than all others. But he's gone deep in 3 others (if you count the TOC). That's a pretty awesome run and the series isn't over yet. No one wins every tourny they enter. Specially tourneys with 1000+ fields. No one wins a limit tourney especially without getting some cards and catching some draws. I'm not ready to say "Buck up things will get better". Rather "Keep up the good work you're doing great so far".

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. It's hard to explain what that HORSE tournament took out of me, but I know I didn't want to be in the $2000 NL event. I had already bought in, though, so I showed up and regretted it. What happened to me in the HORSE was tough. Imagine losing, and losing, and losing, and losing, for over 16 straight hours when you are totally focused and playing the best poker of your life. I wanted to win that thing really badly, but sadly, I couldn't even win a pot. I am happy to see Chip, Doyle, and Ivey there. The whole goal of this tournament for me was to prove that the TRUE greats will get there in a HORSE format... I think the final table we have proves that point quite well. Good luck to the boys!!!

Thank you steve for this post. I was about to create a thread (and i dont do that very often) to point out these very things. Daniel has had an incredible series so far. Alot of people on this forum would be happy to finish 2nd, 7th, and 8th in consecutive sngos... let alone have those results in wsop events. I guess that im glad that people dont understand. Someone should create a forum where you have to qualify with certain credentials, and or willingness to excel and learn the game, to be a member.

Thanks so much Steve for starting this thread It is WAY over due!As many have stated, Daniel is without question one of the best in the game, if not thee best, and his record of incredible wins bears that out. The critics are so insane and the crtitcism is so unwarranted. And even more impressive is that Daniel is such a great guy outside of poker. Oze pointed out how he is constantly going above and beyond for the folks here at FCP. It is amazing. He is a rare commodity in poker and in life, to have acheived so much and remain so very cool. He is the best.Bravo Daniel. The best always. :club:

What happened to me in the HORSE was tough. Imagine losing, and losing, and losing, and losing, for over 16 straight hours when you are totally focused and playing the best poker of your life.
Tilt armor is what you earned. Can't win them all.There is something valuable in losing. Enjoy the pain.I don't know about his skill as a player, but I really like and see relevance in this Andrew Black quote:“Because of the element of chance, you can do everything right and still lose. You get hit by unbelievable body blows, which are dictated by statistical probabilities. I work with this by saying, 'This will happen.'”[On his famous loss at the WSOP] “It was so painful, you have no idea. Afterwards, while I was playing, I was trying to hold the pain without being overwhelmed; to remind myself that what had happened is now the past and I am in the present. Even now, I'll be sitting in meditation turning over the same six or seven hands. That's my practice.”

Daniel... You rock. I mean seriously, you put up with our BS, our stupid questions, weird and off the wall threads and you actually talk to your fans (no matter how nutty we are.) I admire so many things that were stated above but I want to talk about Daniel the person, not just Daniel the poker player. In poker you take risk, that is just part of the game. Many people will take risk in an environment that they are comfortable with the parameters. What I really like about you is that you take very worthwhile risk in other areas of your life. I remember when you went to Grand Rapids to win back Lori. OMG, I was so cheering for you. So many people go through life without ever putting their heart on the line. They let "the one" go and then wonder their entire lives. I also admire the risk you take in business. Instead of endorsing cheesy products you look for specific niche markets. You took a risk and did not join the pack with going with that online site that advertises all of the pros... which would have been an eaasy thing to do. Instead, you went with your name and the reputation is yours alone. You share stories of your life and you rarely censor. You are willing to tell the embarassing stories as well as the ones that flatter. You are a real guy with intergrity. That is why I am your fan. Yeah, you are an awesome poker player (the best in the world in my oppinion) but it is all of the other things that make me such a fan. I appreciate what you do for all of us and this diverse community of poker players that you have created. I know you will have a HORSE bracelet... there is no doubt in my mind. The only thing I regret is not making you my #1 WSOP fantasy pick (don't worry though... I am kicking Layne out of the top position next year. I always learn the hard way.) Take care Daniel and please know I support you, respect you and I have complete confidence in you. :club: Theresa

As opposed to continually getting involved in negative threads, I figured it would be a better idea to start this one. This is not intended to be a mindless cheering section. I'm hoping this can be a place where Daniel can read through during what "might" be a rough time for him.Some of you guys have been on the forum for a long time, some are fairly new. I can tell you all that Daniel has paid his dues. He is certainly not an overnight success or a one year wonder. The guy is a brilliant poker player. Especially in tournaments, which are ever so popular these days. And because they are so popular, no matter how good you are, you can't always win. Sure his record is better than just about anyone elses, but he is human, lol. I can guarentee you that he wanted to win that HORSE tournament quite badly. Probably put his heart and soul into it. But he didn't win, so what. That's just one tourney that got away from him. I'll tell you this though. If we had to rewind a couple of days, and I was given the opportunity to play. I would have Daniel play for me in a heart beat. It doesn't mean that I lack confidence or skill, I know that he is a better player than me. People seem to criticize Daniel for doing too much of this, or too little of that. Or others do the opposite. They just love that Daniel guy, because he's Daniel Negreanu. Be realistic, he's a poker player. And one of, if not the best in tournaments. So it honestly serves no purpose to get down on the guy who has not only been incredibly kind to all of us. But has given so much to the poker world in general. Hopefully you guys are on board with me here. I think it would be great if we all showed support. Not just because he's that poker celebrity. But because he's a human being, and has supported all of us in one way or another in the past. ps. If anyone feels the need to be critical in this thread, I'd reccomend not doing it. The delete button is my friend. :club: Thanks, Steve
thanks for starting a non negative thread :D

After reading some of the posts in this thread, it reminds me why I chose to stay at FCP.Thanks Steve for the OP (and the perfect post in cemo's other moronic thread!), and Daniel for doing all you've done for the game and your fans and just being you.I :club: THIS BAR!PS Very nice post Michael.

As opposed to continually getting involved in negative threads, I figured it would be a better idea to start this one. This is not intended to be a mindless cheering section. I'm hoping this can be a place where Daniel can read through during what "might" be a rough time for him.Some of you guys have been on the forum for a long time, some are fairly new. I can tell you all that Daniel has paid his dues. He is certainly not an overnight success or a one year wonder. The guy is a brilliant poker player. Especially in tournaments, which are ever so popular these days. And because they are so popular, no matter how good you are, you can't always win. Sure his record is better than just about anyone elses, but he is human, lol. I can guarentee you that he wanted to win that HORSE tournament quite badly. Probably put his heart and soul into it. But he didn't win, so what. That's just one tourney that got away from him. I'll tell you this though. If we had to rewind a couple of days, and I was given the opportunity to play. I would have Daniel play for me in a heart beat. It doesn't mean that I lack confidence or skill, I know that he is a better player than me. People seem to criticize Daniel for doing too much of this, or too little of that. Or others do the opposite. They just love that Daniel guy, because he's Daniel Negreanu. Be realistic, he's a poker player. And one of, if not the best in tournaments. So it honestly serves no purpose to get down on the guy who has not only been incredibly kind to all of us. But has given so much to the poker world in general. Hopefully you guys are on board with me here. I think it would be great if we all showed support. Not just because he's that poker celebrity. But because he's a human being, and has supported all of us in one way or another in the past. ps. If anyone feels the need to be critical in this thread, I'd reccomend not doing it. The delete button is my friend. :club: Thanks, Steve
Outstanding post.

I'm not gonna take the time to read through this whole thread right now, but I just want to say that Steve is a class act for starting this thread and for everything that he's done for this forum and it's members. And, Daniel is a class act for starting this forum and being so accessible to all of his fans. When I first came to FCP Daniel wasn't my favorite poker player, but he is now. What he does for the people on here is incredible and he deserves our support. Only he can know whether he has been focused and playing his best this WSOP, but it sure looks like he has. His results have been great so far even if the HORSE event doesn't go his way. GL the rest of the way DN, you're a class act all the way, don't let what the morons say get you down.