Recent Circuit Show With Boyd

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to bold the 2nd partthats what i thought. no sensible answer
I have nowhere near the wit you do....btw, you're blog is phenomenal..I had no idea you actually play high enough to have valid WSOP strat advice. With you're BR, you can half way buy in to the ME....., maybe they'll give you 5,000 chips, after all they're all going in the pot the first time you wake up with a hand.

For every 60/40 edge I would give up, there are myriad opportunities to get my money in as a much better favorite. You're forgetting about the dead money factor in the big buyin tournaments. Base, we realize that the math states that you should call. But that is assuming that everyone has an equal chance of winning. I would much rather play post-flop and try to out play my opponents rather than take what amounts to a coin flip.

I have nowhere near the wit you do....btw, you're blog is phenomenal..I had no idea you actually play high enough to have valid WSOP strat advice
again your bankroll has nothing to do whether or not you are wrong or right on how to play a hand. You are just embarassing yourself
again your bankroll has nothing to do whether or not you are wrong or right on how to play a hand. You are just embarassing yourself
How many people here think I'm embarrasing myself ? Lurkers ?
For every 60/40 edge I would give up, there are myriad opportunities to get my money in as a much better favorite. You're forgetting about the dead money factor in the big buyin tournaments. Base, we realize that the math states that you should call. But that is assuming that everyone has an equal chance of winning. I would much rather play post-flop out play rather than take what amounts to a coin flip.
Ok, anyone who says they would fold the AK, can you explain to me what is wrong with this article?http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/15093
For every 60/40 edge I would give up, there are myriad opportunities to get my money in as a much better favorite. You're forgetting about the dead money factor in the big buyin tournaments. Base, we realize that the math states that you should call. But that is assuming that everyone has an equal chance of winning. I would much rather play post-flop and try to out play my opponents rather than take what amounts to a coin flip.
ty
For every 60/40 edge I would give up, there are myriad opportunities to get my money in as a much better favorite. You're forgetting about the dead money factor in the big buyin tournaments. Base, we realize that the math states that you should call. But that is assuming that everyone has an equal chance of winning. I would much rather play post-flop out play rather than take what amounts to a coin flip.
you are right. we dont have an equal chance of winning. But the edge we have over people doesn't make up for giving up a 2:1 edge or even a 60/40 edge. People keep on saying they can outplay their opponent on the flop but you cant control what the flops will be and how well you will run. We all saw DN lose last year in the ME early. He couldn't control the flops that came and the sick rivers he took. If you asked him hed call early on with AK against QJ no doubt
Real- Because it allows for a lot of play. But why do you fold the best hand?
In HoH, and I'm sure other places, the point is made that if you can't lay down the best hand SOME TIMES, you're just a calling station.
Ok, anyone who says they would fold the AK, can you explain to me what is wrong with this article?http://www.cardplayer.com/magazine/article/15093
AK vs QJ- 60/40Outplaying my opponent into giving me their chips when I have the nuts-100/0.BTW-How much more of a chance do you have in a tournament with 20,000 when you need 80 million?
Jesus christ....How relevant is giving yourself a .02 chance of winning ? If everyone plays the same way, (in this case, this way) then who has the edge ?
In HoH, and I'm sure other places, the point is made that if you can't lay down the best hand SOME TIMES, you're just a calling station.
this is a theory where you don't know the holecards thus sometimes making you have incorrect calls where you are behind. This is a situation where you know you are ahead
AK vs QJ- 60/40Outplaying my opponent into giving me their chips when I have the nuts-100/0.BTW-How much more of a chance do you have in a tournament with 20,000 when you need 80 million?
Keep dreaming about that scenarioabout twice the chance someone else with 10k will have
I highly doubt, Harrington suggests folding when you know you are 3:2 to win (when do you ever know that for sure in reality? - it's a hypothetical scenario!) expect in very special circumstances. Please tell me exactly where he says that if you have the book available at the moment.
Jesus christ....How relevant is giving yourself a .02 chance of winning ? If everyone plays the same way, (in this case, this way) then who has the edge ?
the guy who doesn't fold the best hand. so basically not you
Ok, that doesn't tell me anything about what is wrong with the article.
Neither does this. I'm looking for someone to explain exactly where the flaw is in Matros' argument. If you disagree with him, then there has to be something in that article that you can pick out and explain why it's wrong.
this is a theory where you don't know the holecards thus sometimes making you have incorrect calls where you are behind. This is a situation where you know you are ahead
The risk - reward is just not overwhelming enough to make the call. Mathematically, yes it makes sense; but realistically, it doesn't work out. What if on the next hand you get dealt AA and your opponent shows you AK before you call? Wouldn't it be better to get it all in with 9950 here and double up to to 19900 with a more sure shot?
the guy who doesn't fold the best hand. so basically not you
Ok...You've proven your intelligence level...Like I said, you just keep playing your A game.

YOU FOLD!!!!!!! If you win that pot, there would be 7900 players left. All have 10,000 in chips and you have 20,000. That will make you less then a half % better chance to win then anyone else. And if you lose, well you are done. In the interview, Dutch bet Fishman that if they asked 20 "pros", a pro being someone who has won a WSOP event or WPT event, more would say they would call. Dutch lost that bet!!! With are due respect to Matt M., he is just dead wrong!!

This kind of conversation is exactly the reason for my low post count. Everyone knows everythings. I don't think there is a right answer here and for some pro's to say they would fold while others say its an obvious call illistrates that point. It may be the right call for you but for me and many others the risk vs reward far outways the math in this situation.

YOU FOLD!!!!!!! If you win that pot, there would be 7900 players left. All have 10,000 in chips and you have 20,000. That will make you less then a half % better chance to win then anyone else. And if you lose, well you are done. In the interview, Dutch bet Fishman that if they asked 20 "pros", a pro being someone who has won a WSOP event or WPT event, more would say they would call. Dutch lost that bet!!! With are due respect to Matt M., he is just dead wrong!!
Base , I guess you just know way more than the pro's .

Tell me something Matt Matros has won.end of discussion with his lame article.Of course lets assume we use it as a guide. We're assuming we're allowed to play an infinite amount of trials of the wsop event. We are not. I would think I have a better chance to get chips during the tourney, then I do with calling being a slight favourite.

This kind of conversation is exactly the reason for my low post count. Everyone knows everythings. I don't think there is a right answer here and for some pro's to say they would fold while others say its an obvious call illistrates that point. It may be the right call for you but for me and many others the risk vs reward far outways the math in this situation.
the risk- getting eliminated in a tourney. This is probably going to happen anyway because even the best pros more often the not finish out of the moneythe reward- having a better shot at making it deeper in the tourney. Make money
Tell me something Matt Matros has won.end of discussion with his lame article.Of course lets assume we use it as a guide. We're assuming we're allowed to play an infinite amount of trials of the wsop event. We are not. I would think I have a better chance to get chips during the tourney, then I do with calling being a slight favourite.
wow results oriented thinker huh?When you play poker do you think about will the decision win me money now or in the long run?
Base , I guess you just know way more than the pro's .
No offense (I don't doubt for a second you are a vastly superiour player to me - which isn't saying much :club:), someone like Gavin Smith may have a big enough edge over the ME-donks to make up for passing on the opportunity to double up as 60% favourite - but you are not Gavin Smith.
No offense (I don't doubt for a second you are a vastly superiour player to me - which isn't saying much :club:), someone like Gavin Smith may have a big enough edge over the ME-donks to make up for passing on the opportunity to double up as 60% favourite - but you are not Gavin Smith.
nope, not even DN would admit to this.