5-man Sng, Down To 4, A-k Facing A Re-raise.

NO_LIMIT TEXAS_HOLDEM $5+$1 (Real Money), #718,510,722 Palo Alto Single Table Tournament, 14 Jul 2006 1:09 PM ET Seat 1: ($1,420 in chips) Seat 5: ($2,930 in chips) Seat 9: ($1,140 in chips) Seat 10: Hero ($2,010 in chips) ANTES/BLINDSSeat 5 posts blind ($15), Seat 9 krogh posts blind ($30).PRE-FLOPHero bets $125, Seat 1 folds, Seat 5 bets $300, Seat 9 calls $285, Hero ???Seat 5 is a tricky/dumb (not sure which yet) player, have seen him limp with hands like ace king and ace jack on the button. Seat 9 is a brutal player, who likes to see a flop, with just about anything from what I have seen so far. Thoughts?

Being that this is a $5, I'd probably say push, but thats not the only reason. I mean you say seat 9 is a player who likes to see flops with just about anything, so you want to protect your hand from him. And although seat 5 may appear tricky, it wouldnt hurt to put him to a decision, as based on your perception of him, he could have a wide range of hands at this point. Was he ever raising with lesser holdings? Calling and taking a flop is probably not the best line given the situation. You said seat 9 could be holding anything and seat 5 is either tricky or dumb, so what kind of flop is going to make you comfortable? Yes it would be easy to get away from if you miss completely, but if you do get a piece of the flop are you going to feel good about your hand? Bottom line, push here unless you feel comfortable with making decisions post flop, then a call isn't out of order

I'd say call and see what develops. It'd be different if you were in middle position, but as it is, you'll get to see what happens if it comes something like K85 rainbow. Yes it's still a tough decision on a board like that, but you'll have all the information possible to make that decision then.

I'd say call and see what develops. It'd be different if you were in middle position, but as it is, you'll get to see what happens if it comes something like K85 rainbow. Yes it's still a tough decision on a board like that, but you'll have all the information possible to make that decision then.
Are you seriously crazy? If the board comes K85 rainbow it is an extraordinarily easy decision. That said, Actuary is right that this is an easy push preflop.

I agree that calling is very bad, so my decision was down to pushing or folding. I made the right decision this time, but wasn't sure if it was the right decision in general.

I agree that calling is very bad, so my decision was down to pushing or folding. I made the right decision this time, but wasn't sure if it was the right decision in general.
huh?if it's the right decision on ave (in general) it's the right decision this time. Regardless of resultsso you must be talking about something else

What I said was I made the right decision (in that I didn't go broke), but I was uncertain if I should have played it like I did, hence is it the right decision in general?

I thought this was 9 handed and I was thinking about pushing..then I saw were 4 handed..I would push, but I don't play 5 person sngs..Short handed high M situations are very weird to me

What I said was I made the right decision (in that I didn't go broke), but I was uncertain if I should have played it like I did, hence is it the right decision in general?
if you pushed it was the right decision this time and in general.if you did not push, it was the wrong decision this time and in general.
I thought this was 9 handed and I was thinking about pushing..then I saw were 4 handed..I would push, but I don't play 5 person sngs..Short handed high M situations are very weird to me
For me as well. Actuary kept posting about his 6-man SNG's, so I recently started playing some 5-man SNG's on FCP. Very different than a regular SNG.