I was transferring my pt database from my desktop to my laptop. Afterwards, I deleted those backup databases from my USB stick, and accidentally deleted my keepass database too. I have another USB stick that I keep my keepass database on, but I deleted that too before I realized what happened.My keepass database had every password on it. Neteller, banking, gambling sites, and email. ****.

What's a keepass?
keepass is a free password safe you can download. You have 1 master password to remember, and when you enter it, you can access all your othe rpasswords. I kept my database off my harddrive, and on my 2 USB drives for obvious reasons. I felt smart....

sucks, but you should be able to get netteller money back to your bank account. and poker sites are usually pretty good about giving you a new password. you could also try taking the memory stick into computer support as the files may still be there.

sucks, but you should be able to get netteller money back to your bank account. and poker sites are usually pretty good about giving you a new password. you could also try taking the memory stick into computer support as the files may still be there.
I'm pretty sure I can get my passwords back from every site (including neteller), it's just that it's a pain in the ***. Plus, tonight was one of the rare nights where I never had assignments/tests to study for, so I planned on playing some poker. All in all, I htink my stupidity cost me between 1 and 2k.

If you send me your passwords, I promise to remember them for you just in case something like this happens again. Seriously though, that sucks.I keep my passwords in a separate GMail account and just search for them as needed.USB sticks, hard drives, or whatever physical storage device you use for storing passwords can be lost, stolen, or broken. But Google isn't going out of business anytime soon. I suppose it would be a disaster if someone broke into my email account though. But I don't see that really happening unless someone I actually knew did that, in which case the chances of them succeeding is probably about the same as any other storage medium.

USB sticks, hard drives, or whatever physical storage device you use for storing passwords can be lost, stolen, or broken. But Google isn't going out of business anytime soon. I suppose it would be a disaster if someone broke into my email account though. But I don't see that really happening unless someone I actually knew did that, in which case the chances of them succeeding is probably about the same as any other storage medium.
If someone steals my USB stick, they still need to download and hack the password I have memorized to access my password database. All this before I have the chance to change it, so I think I'll be safe. Also, I had my database stored on 2 different sticks, so the odds of losing both were extremely low, even though I was dumb enough to have it happent today.
You dont just memorize your passwords?
You memorize all your passwords? Keepass means I only have to remember 1, and it allows me to generate secure passwords that look like "ith7#%0_AyoB)5_5n"
keepass is a free password safe you can download. You have 1 master password to remember, and when you enter it, you can access all your othe rpasswords. I kept my database off my harddrive, and on my 2 USB drives for obvious reasons. I felt smart....
LOL! That makes me crack up for some reason.It is a good idea though, I have like 1-2 passwords total, and they are really similar too. If anyone found out, I'd be ******.
You memorize all your passwords?
You'd think it would be difficult, but consider how many peoples phone numbers you've memorized over the years. You use these accounts probably as often, if not more often than you call those people. It shouldnt be too tough.I have about 4 different random digit passwords for my accounts, and then two other simpler ones for message boards and emails.I keep them written down on paper in my house in case i have a brain fart. My best friend knows most of them, and would be able to access the rest if he absolutely needed to (if i died, or something).

BBFIDTSSeriously memorize ur passwords its not that hard. I have at least 10 and have never any forgot them. And like abba I also have them written in my lockbox in case anything happens to me.

BBFIDTSSeriously memorize ur passwords its not that hard. I have at least 10 and have never any forgot them. And like abba I also have them written in my lockbox in case anything happens to me.
You guys can seriously remember passwords like Rt4#$_gnoTKId94F2^%? I could probably only remember 1 or 2 at a time. I have about 10 secure passwords like that that I keep, and find it much easier just to have them on a database that I can copy and paste.Oh, and I'm terrible for memorizing stuff like phone numbers.