The Circuit On Cardplayer.com

For the people who listen to this show...  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Does Scott Huff contribute ANYTHING to the quality of the show?

• Yes
    • No
    • I plead the 5th

I almost can't listen to the show because he's so annoying to me. Could anybody ask any more stupid questions? How many times does Joe or Gavin have to tell him that he's wrong about something? Just about every time!

I almost can't listen to the show because he's so annoying to me. Could anybody ask any more stupid questions? How many times does Joe or Gavin have to tell him that he's wrong about something? Just about every time!
I disagree. I like him. Have you listened to every epsiode?
I disagree. I like him. Have you listened to every epsiode?
I've listened to most of them and everytime it reminds me how annoying he is. Maybe its just personal preference. There are some people that just rub you the wrong way. I just think he comes off sounding like an idiot every time he opens his mouth and detracts from the show.

I like Scott Huff. And I think he contributes a lot to the show: Of course he's not a great poker player, but he knows that and doesn't try to force his opinion on anyone. Mainly his job is to keep the show more or less on track, without him, Smith and Sebok would only be fooling around the whole time.

hes just a hosti really like the circuit, i dont know why but i listen to it every morning on my ipod and i find it interesting and stuffhe does kind of do nothing though lol

I think that's kind of his purpose on the show, to give an amateur perspective. It would be easy for cardplayer to just have Gavin and Joe host the show, but I think Scott is there to keep the show grounded and make it listenable to all poker fans, not just extremely advanced fans. I think if Scott were not there, the majority of Gavin and Joe's conversations would fly right over the head of most listeners.
Scott ads plenty to "The Circuit" and to my radio show as well "The Joe Average Poker Show" Scott has providing regular updates on the WSOP live on our show every Monday. Scott provides insightful commentary on many poker issues and does a good job reporting the news and events happening in the poker world.

I think Joe Sebok's the one that doesn't add a whole lot. He isn't funny and his analysis isn't all that enlightening. I usually skip the first twenty minutes of the show because you know that he's gonna be whining about how he went out of the latest tournament.

I think Scott Huff does an excellent job. He keeps the show flowing nicely. He prepares very well for every show and has good questions for the guests. I love the Circuit and look forward to listening to it everyday. If only their updates and WSOP coverage could be that good.P.S. I had my pocket 19s cracked again t :club: oday!!!

I think Joe Sebok's the one that doesn't add a whole lot. He isn't funny and his analysis isn't all that enlightening. I usually skip the first twenty minutes of the show because you know that he's gonna be whining about how he went out of the latest tournament.
I definitely agree with this. The whole reason Scott is good for the show is the dynamic of him, as a fish, interpreting Gavin who is a great poker player. Sebok is just a little too whiny for me. p.s. I dumped Sebok off my fantasy league for this guy :club:
The only problem with the circuit is that Haralabos Voulgaris isn't on EVERY episode.
QFTThat episode was the best in the history of the circuit.

I can't stand Joe Sebok.The guy acts as if he has a clue and every word that comes out of his mouth suggest otherwise.I liked in the last episode when Gavin laughed at him when they were discussing the action on a given hand and Sebok made some asinine analysis.I hate life's lottery winners.Gavin rules. Ahhh..Scott Huff is cool I guess...I miss Matusow.

I think Scott Huff is quite a good host. He knows enough about poker to ask fairly decent questions, but knows he doesn't know enough to try to give expert analysis. He's also been covering the tournament trail for long enough that he knows most of the players (or more importantly, they know him) so they answer honestly and without altering their personalities.And frankly, I appreciate him as a host all the more after listening to Joe Average Poker (not to be hypercritical of a free product/service or anything...)Also, ditto on the Haralabos Voulgaris episode. I missed that one when it was current but downloaded the archived copy and almost pissed myself at work.

I used to think that Haralabos Voulgaris is a d.ouche. After listening to his Circuit appearance I have to admit that he is one funny d.ouche. His comment about finding Chiau Giang "cute" had me pis.sing myself.

i know scott personally and i think his sense of humor and/or mode of talking about certain topics can rub people the wrong way. i personally think he's a funny guy who's more knowledgeable than he may even let on. he's worthwhile just for his "mike 'the mime' matasow" video segment on cardplayer.com, also.

I'm not saying that Scott's a bad guy. I think hanging out with him would be just great. It's just that I think a lot of questions that he asks "off the cuff" (not the ones that are clearly prepared for guests) are pretty dumb or he'll point some strategy out and Gavin or Joe will have to tell him that he's completely wrong. Perhaps, he just doesn't have a very good "radio voice". I don't know, but he certainly annoys me on the circuit. I wish I could just tune him out on the show.