Two Pair To 3-flush Board

This is relatively early in a two table 12 person sng....3rd revolution.Blinds are 20/40.Me 1150Villain 1400UTG folds.Villain limps.I raise to 160 with AhTh.button and blinds fold, villain calls....pot 380.Based on typical play in this event, villain can have any pair below JJ, any two broadway, any ace, and some suited connectors down to 67 or so. Beyond that I know nothing about the villain.Flop: AsKh6cVillain checks, I bet 200, villain calls....pot 780.Turn: 3cVillain checks, I bet 390, villain calls....pot 1560....I have 400 left.River: TcVillain bets 400, I....?Did he river me with the gutshot?Did he river me with the flush?Did he river me with a set?Did he have me all along with 66?Does he still like his weak ace?Did he hit something like KT and think he's good?Does he have air, and hope to represent the flush draw?I don't think he's bluffing...I think he thinks his hand is good...the issue is, is his "good" hand KT/A6/A3/A9...or is it Axc/JQ/66?

I'd probably make a crying call here as you only have 400 left if you fold, but I think your hand is good enough in the long run for it to be a profitable play..If he has QJ here, I vomit

He might've seen your turn bet as weak and probably doesn't think you have anything and thinks it's just your attempt to steal the pot. You've basically committed yourself, I think you have to call, but I could be wrong.

With two pair, I would have to make the call and probably raise as this could be a blocker bet by villain on the river with a weak ace.Other likely hand could be K10; if he rivered a backdoor flush, then that stinks but I think you're more often ahead then behind here.

Should I have just pushed the turn? Or is the half-pot bet better value, AND, still makes him making a mistake if he calls from behind?Gobears - I can't raise the river, he's put me allin.

Should I have just pushed the turn? Or is the half-pot bet better value, AND, still makes him making a mistake if he calls from behind?Gobears - I can't raise the river, he's put me allin.
Messed up your stack sizesI would have just pushed the turn then as you're pot committed by putting in 1/2 your remaining stack. I don't mind the 1/2 bet as if villain draws to the flush, he's making a mistake. However, it does make things tougher on the river if the flush card hits.I usually follow the rule though where if 1/2 my stack is going in - I just push it all in.

This is a really, really obvious call. All this says is he has some sort of reasonable hand (an ace or better) and wants to make sure you don't check behind. I'd say your probably good over 2/3 of the time here, and you only need to be good a little over 1/6 of the time to call.Now if you had more chips behind, and you were wondering if you should call or raise, then you'd have a little more substantive question.

you milked it and now you should call.
This was hardly a milk job. A lil lite on the betting but not horendous. I'm guessing you woulda led the flop for 287 or so. :club: Push the turn or check it, it really makes the river easy either way.

ah, maybe I use term loosely, but that turn bet seems like a milk job.you only make that play when you want a call and are committed to river, imo.why are posters always asking questions about the wrong streets?the river is the least intersting.Shpaget... this post surprises me, to be honest

Should I have just pushed the turn?
Yes because you are committing yourself to the pot with your turn bet IMO. MAYBE if a king falls on the river and villain leads out you can get away, but it's your last 400 chips and you got a pair of aces...pretty hard to fold. As it played I would call this on the river, but I think you should definitely push the turn. Villain sometimes calls with a worse hand or a draw, and if he folds his flush draw then you take a decent pot. Yes he's making a mistake by calling your 390 if he only has a flush draw, but it's not much of a mistake if you will always pay him off that last 400 when he hits.
ah, maybe I use term loosely, but that turn bet seems like a milk job.you only make that play when you want a call and are committed to river, imo.why are posers always asknig questions about the wrong streets?the river is the least intersting.Shpaget... this post surprises me, to be honest
You're right, it was a milk job.I, in all honesty, as I made the turn bet, wasn't overly worried about the flop backdoor flush draw turned-into turn flush draw.At the turn I'm reasonably sure I'm ahead and want to maximize value, at the same time making the minimum bet required to ensure his call is a mistake.The river may not be terribly interesting, but I honestly don't think it's that clear cut a call, even at 5:1, when you go through the steps...unless he had A3, A6 (which I think he'd have raised) or KT (questionable), my two pair is almost irrelevent...I may as well have AJ. It's in going back through the hand, at the river, that made me wonder...(I'm not saying it's NOT a call, just not as obvious as some suggest)Really, what holdings, playing 6 handed:limp/call a 4xbb preflop raise out of positioncheck/call a half-pot flop betcheck/call a half-pot turn betlead the river all-in (1/4 pot)At the river, does he know I'm pot-committed, or does he think betting all my chips will scare me?Is Acxc a reasonable holding?Is Kcxc a reasonable holding?Is a slow-played 66 reasonable?I, at the river, correctly or not, have ruled out AK, AA, KK, 33, TT, QJ....as previously stated, if I call and he shows QJ, I simply puke and go play another tourney. I have actually ruled out all these holdings at the turn.At the same time I think A3 and A6 play differently, and KT probably folds the turn.So what's left?He runner runnered a flush draw, he thinks his AJ/AQ/A9 is good (why now?), he had a set of 6's all along, or he's representing the flush....or also AT.I, personally, don't have a problem with leaving my self with 400 chips here.Are we calling our last 400 here, simply because it's our last 400, or because we believe we win this hand more than 1 in 6 times? And are we certain we win 1 in 6 times?

If he checks the river, do you push, or check behind?Here was my mindset...I was quite certain he had a weaker ace...and my two-pair hitting elminated any lingering doubts I had about AJ/AQ/A3/A6.I was also quite certain I'd see another check.I was pushing the river figuring, getting 5:1, he'd call with any ace, two pair or not.When he led out it threw me for a loop.

If he pushed on the river that you were going to push anyhow, it makes no difference to what you should do here. Easy call, and if you lost, it is probably due to the lack of a turn push (he may have flopped trips or two pair ace and kings or something like that, but I doubt it the way it was played).

Well, my turn read was right.He had a weaker ace - A5.Both clubs.So HERE it didn't matter what I did on the turn, just trying to figure out if pushing the turn is best long-term, and it probably is.

I think you need to push the turn. But Im calling this. he coulda also have 2 pair as easily as QJ. I dont see a flush being likely as he called a flop bet and it went runner-runner.but seriously, push turn

You definately have to call there. I mean, like others have said, if he has QJ, I vomit. lol.Yeah no seriously though, why not go for the push on the turn? If he has you beat at that point, then you were behind from the beginning. So, the two checks seem like weakness to me. But what the hell do I know.