Daniel At The Horse Event

This is reminding me of when my brother will call me when he's not playing well, or getting rivered a lot, or both. I always tell him not to call me again til he's won a good pot. Maybe it's time to tell DN to stop the live updates so he's not gone soon.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, he's always had a backer. I saw an interview with him where he said that he's been using the same backer for 30 years or something like that. He said that he's got one of the few very good backing arrangements and its worked out great for him over the years.
maybe I'm wrong but doesn't he play for Doyle's Room and don't they pay their buyins???

Juanda on the Low, Raymer on the HighJohn Juanda, showing A, bets. Greg Raymer, showing 7, and Phil Ivey, showing K, both call. Juanda gets the 4 and bets again. Raymer calls with the 4 and Ivey calls with the A. Juanda again bets out when he gets the 6. Raymer (6) and Ivey (Q) both call. Juanda bets after getting the 4 and Raymer calls with the 2. Ivey folds after getting the 7. On seventh street, Juanda again bets out and Raymer again calls. Juanda shows a full hand of (23)A464(9) and Raymer shows (A7)7464(10). Juanda takes half the pot with a 6-low and Raymer takes the high pot with a pair of Sevens. Juanda is at $53,000 and Raymer is at $48,000. pretty loose fossilman

Prop BetsPhil Ivey and Eli Elezra are prop betting on which cards will hit the flop first for $1,000 a bet. Payout doubles if the player hits 3-of-a-Kind or a Flush with their chosen cards. lol the biggest buy in open tourney and they need to have even more action

9:42pm: "Just won a pot with KK vs TJ. He was in the blind and check called me all the way. Flop QJ9...K 2."Am I reading this right?Daniel has: KKKQJother Guy: KQJ109 and the other guy loses? Is this update from daniel or cardplayer? lolEDIT: or does TJ mean Cloutier...lol

On Pokerwire:Rocco Bucci takes a pot from Daniel NegreanuHold'em, Omaha/8, Razz, Stud, Stud Eight or BetterJul 13, 2006 / 00:22:00 EDT(Hold 'Em)The board came 99364, Daniel Negreanu and Rocco Bucci checked. The players showed:Daniel Negreanu QJRocco Bucci 55Bucci won the pot with two pair. After the hand, Negreanu had 20.5k and Negreanu had 36k.

9:42pm: "Just won a pot with KK vs TJ. He was in the blind and check called me all the way. Flop QJ9...K 2."Am I reading this right?Daniel has: KKKQJother Guy: KQJ109 and the other guy loses? Is this update from daniel or cardplayer? lolEDIT: or does TJ mean Cloutier...lol
Was that a serious question?! Yes, TJ means Cloutier. Daniel always types out his 10's. Sorry for any confusion. :club:
how does cloutier get backed 50k?
he's one of the leaders of "players with the most final tables" at the WSOP. Pretty good track record if you ask me.
Actually, he's always had a backer. I saw an interview with him where he said that he's been using the same backer for 30 years or something like that. He said that he's got one of the few very good backing arrangements and its worked out great for him over the years.
One name: Lyle Berman
he's one of the leaders of "players with the most final tables" at the WSOP. Pretty good track record if you ask me.One name: Lyle Berman
who cares, he plays every possible event and gets staked for every tourney. The whole point of poker is to make money and if hes broke then hes a terrible poker player
who cares, he plays every possible event and gets staked for every tourney. The whole point of poker is to make money and if hes broke then hes a terrible poker player
So when Stu Ungar was broke, did that make him a terrible player?
This is reminding me of when my brother will call me when he's not playing well, or getting rivered a lot, or both. I always tell him not to call me again til he's won a good pot. Maybe it's time to tell DN to stop the live updates so he's not gone soon.
At first I disagreed with your post but now I totally agree. I'm a DN fan but he just can't stop whining. I am totally shocked by all these whining negative updates. I rather not read them. I hope he does well, but he just won't stop telling these bad beats. Just deal with it and move on. Brunson and Greenstein who are top premier players are also low on chips, you can't win if you don't have luck. Please post more positive updates, telling about all the suckouts is very childish. Live updates are great, but easy on the whining please. TY.
yes, self control and bankroll management are part of this game
Im sorry, but why the fuck should lyle berman care how TJ spends his money if he is consistantly winning?your just plain wrong here. I agree that they are, but they dont matter to a backer. the only thing a backer cares about is your ability to win tournaments, which Stuey and TJ both have proven they have the ability to do.
Im sorry, but why the fuck should lyle berman care how TJ spends his money if he is consistantly winning?your just plain wrong here. I agree that they are, but they dont matter to a backer. the only thing a backer cares about is your ability to win tournaments, which Stuey and TJ both have proven they have the ability to do.
no, you are wrong. the arguement is whether or not TJ is a good poker player. But a good poker player has the dough. i dont think the phrase is TP/MMGAOCIf TJ is so great he could pay the buy in himself.
no, you are wrong. the arguement is whether or not TJ is a good poker player. But a good poker player has the dough. i dont think the phrase is TP/MMGAOCIf TJ is so great he could pay the buy in himself.
TJ IS a good tournement poker player. You can't argue with his win record. You must live in a bubble. Do you think all the pro's are putting up all their buyins for the larger events? question:If you could get staked for tourney entries AND travel/food expenses and all you have to do is try to win tournements, would you do it? Even if this means giving up half your winnings?
This bascomeb guy states the most illogical sh.t eva...its commonly known throughout the poker world that the craps table is TJ's vice.TJ is a solid tournament player period. Just b/c he dumps a couple 100K @ craps in no way reflects his talent as a poker player.