TT utg, I raise to $14, villian on left calls me, CO calls. Villain is a FCPer, but doesn't post often. Good player. Tricky. Uses min raises sometimes on flops with set or air, and sometimes makes standard raises with trips...doesn't cold call often on flops.FLOP :: Jx Jx 7 ($48)I bet $30, villian calls, CO foldsTURN :: 5I check, villian bets $65, I fold.---love, hate, thoughts?- Jordan

I'm just curious why you didn't bet the turn here.Villian is tricky and I guarantee hes putting u on a whiffed AK or AQ. I call this bet.

eh. close. did the fact that it was 3-way influence you? At first I read it as HU and thought about calling the turn and leading the river for the same $65. I suppose that w/ another player behind, he'd call the flop w/ a jack hoping to bring the CO along. With no draws out there, any chance the villian checks this turn w/ a jack since it looks like you completely whiffed?

I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. Your turn check shows so much weakness that I think it is impossible to put him on a J. If I was in his position I would bet the turn with anything after you checked.I think the better line on the turn is to lead for $50-$60. If he raises, you can feel a little more comfortable laying it down.

Wouldnt he play 7x, or a pocket pair this way too? FWIW, I occassionally call gutshots on scary boards liek this because it often allows me to steal the pot on the turn.
I hate how I played this hand, because of what I was thinking after he called the flop.I told myself, he has a medium pair and is going to bet the turn, check/raise.And for some reason, I folded. First time I went against a read all night...I think this should have been either a lead or a check/raise against what I thought he had...i really hated how I played this turn..- Jordan

betting costs you a little. not betting and having him take command costs you the whole pot. need to bet the turn. if you get raised, then you can ponder folding. aggressive dude.

Why not just c/c the turn? It puts less in when you're behind, and you make sure to get a turn bet in when you're ahead. You're WA/WB here, so I don't see much point in check/raising the turn.

he showed A :club: K :D regardless of whether he had the J or not, I know I played this turn horridly...this was the only time I went against what my gut was telling me all session, and it cost me...but oh well..hard to play flawless 3 tabling durnig a 3 hour session.- Jordan