I"d Like To Resteal More Late In Sng's.

Top 3 pay $100/$60/$40What do you think of restealing on these hands?************************************************Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t2992)SB (t3210)Hero (t2825)UTG (t1145)MP1 (t2310)MP2 (t4858)CO (t2660)Preflop: Hero is BB with 9heart.gif, 8heart.gif. 3 folds, CO raises to t625, 2 folds, Hero ?************************************************Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG (t3792)MP (t3110)Hero (t2825)Button (t1810)SB (t6103)BB (t2360)Preflop: Hero is CO with 5club.gif, 5diamond.gif. UTG raises to t800, 1 fold, Hero ?( this isn't so much a steal/resteal situatuation, but It's a push/fold. I'm just doubting he's stealing )***********************************************Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Button (t3792)SB (t3310)Hero (t2825)UTG (t8313)MP (t1760)Preflop: Hero is BB with 3diamond.gif, 3spade.gif. 2 folds, Button raises to t900, 1 fold, Hero ?************************************************rather than providing read, you give me the answer based on various reads. If..."Game is tough, gamble more..so...."Tight raiser.....whatever.thanks!

I find chipstacks/blinds in online sng's make resteals almost impossible.In example two I can fold if utg is tight, or even an abc player...if he's looser I can push here, but if he's that loose he may just be compelled to call with his KJ.In examples 1 and 3 I can push if, and only if, these players have been habitually raising your blinds AND you have been habitually folding.

1. I like it. He still has enough chips to fold a decent hand as he isn't desperate2. I don't like it. UTG raiser probably is for real, although it was a min raise..Had this been standard once blinds got this high? I see this a lot more now3.Same as 1, although its not really a resteal, more playing aggressively..I don't really try restealing a lot in sng's, but if you tried it w/ any of these three hands and had success, I'd be curious to start

I think you have very little fold equity in examples #2 and #3, making them bad hands to resteal with. #2 is especially bad, facing an UTG raise (even short-handed give it a little respect), and with multiple players who have not yet acted behind you. #3 I could kinda go either way, but villain will be getting decent odds and has you covered. If you're happy to get into a coinflip though, go for it.#1 is a decent spot I think. CO would have to call off his entire stack, and he isn't getting great odds.

I think you have very little fold equity in examples #2 and #3, making them bad hands to resteal with. If you're happy to get into a coinflip though, go for it.#1 is a decent spot though I think. CO would have to call off his entire stack, and he isn't getting great odds.
The problem with #1 IMO is that I don't think they will be folding most hands they would be raising here to our push (based on their chip stack), which wouldn't be too bad except that this is a very weak hand that we hold. Steals/resteals, when made without an adequate chip stack to accomodate a loss, should be done with hands that can gold their own against the calling hands to our pushes IMO.
The problem with #1 IMO is that I don't think they will be folding most hands they would be raising here to our push (based on their chip stack), which wouldn't be too bad except that this is a very weak hand that we hold. Steals/resteals, when made without an adequate chip stack to accomodate a loss, should be done with hands that can gold their own against the calling hands to our pushes IMO.
Yes, it's only a good spot to resteal if your opponent has been raising a fair amount preflop, but has shown the ability to fold to a re-raise.
A resteal is exactly that..we don't have to have a good holding at all, its that we think the villian is stealing and full of sh*t, so we push back. The only hands I hate to resteal with is Ax, as we are dominated almost everytime if we are called and drawing to 3 outs...Actually 89s is a great hand to have against his calling range...I really don't think this guy is gonna hero up and call with A8 or A9...Obviously if were against a pair 88 and up were in big trouble, but thats the risk you take when you resteal..

given the stacks, I mislabeled this post.except for Hand 1, I"m not restealing as much as I am gambling to dbl up.Honestly, the reason I never technically resteal ( re-raise with mediocre hands assuming raiser folds a lot ) is a confidence that it's not necessary in STT's. Though, I'm sure in tougher MTT"s it's essential.so..I'll wrap this up.Hand 3 I pushed. The other 2 I folded.Button was getting great odds, and called with A6 off.I'll post more restealnig when/if I play MTT"s, or lose some ego and do it in STT"s :club:

I say push number 1 (you have him covered, so he may be hesitant to call with KQ, KJ, AT, AJ). If he calls, you probably have two live cards.I usually fold 2. If the blinds are going to increase soon, maybe not, but 55 behind a UTG raiser doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.3 is more difficult. Button is guaranteed to call a push there, given the price of the pot, and you will at best be a coinflip. Not the spot I'm looking to get my chips in, but given the blinds it may be time to gamboool.