My Storytime

This is my favorite story.i started drinkin at 2 when i got back, and then around 245 jim came home and joined in the rum & cokes. like 2 hours later, dan came over. he was planning on goin to a noise-core concert in brookline that was supposed to start at 7. so we're chillin and whatever, and it gets to be like 530 or so, and by that time there was no coke left; all 4 liters had been consumed as mix drinks, so me and dan went to get more. like a little before we left, jim kind of gagged and puked or somethin, and then he went to lay down...and he passed out before 6 pm. when me and dan got back from shaws, jim was still asleep...now from this point until a few hours later, i dont remember anything. but i think i can fill in the details pretty well...so i guess me and dan are hanging our drinkin. he had a little more vodka than i guess i realized, but he ended up talking me into goin to the show with him because i was hammered. from my guessing, i was at about 12-15 shots of bacardi, maybe more that i dont remember. the handle of rum is a lot lower than i last remember, so i have no idea how much i drank. essentially, me and jimmy drank a good 1.25 liters if the evidence is correct. so anyways, i guess i get into dan's car and we start driving. his car is a little ****ed up, the battery doesnt start all the time or whatever. but the car still runs fine, so off we go. the next thing i remember is waking up in dans car on the side of a road. we were in brookline, but i was still drunk and thought we were in taunton. so i call jim or dale or both, and am like why am i taunton. i think its like 815 right now, so the show has already started. i wake dan up and im like lets go. so he starts his car and starts driving...for like 2 minutes, then he hits this broad head on in her SUV thing. neither party was goin fast, but dan's airbag went off, and the other lady has some front end damage. but like 5 minutes later (i think) 2 cruisers, an ambulance and like a fire truck (mightve been less than that, but it seemed really crazy to me). dan i guess was drunk, but he didnt say anythin. i, on the other hand, was talkin my *** off trying to figure out what was goin on. i gave the lady dan's info and walked over to the cop, and he's like "you're drunk" and i said no, i dont drink, or something silly, and he was pretty sure i was drunk. 2 minutes later he tells me to get into the police car. so into the cruiser i go. as the cop and everyone is trying to figure **** out, i guess the lady left, dan doesnt have any of her info tho. eventually the cop opened the door and sent dan in with me. then he says "we're going to go back to the station and strip search you." now, the cop just spent 5 minutes lookin for drugs or booze or anything in dans car, but it was clean, surprisingly. so i say to him "strip search me now, lets get this over with." and i dont think he liked it, but the cop didnt really say anything. so at some point we start driving back to the station. he didnt give dan a breathalyzer or any kind of sobriety test, and never took any of my info or anything.so after a few minutes i ask him where we're goin or whatever so i can have a friend come pick us up, and then i call dale and im like come to the brookline PD and get us, and while im the phone the cop decides to let me and dan out, right on comm ave in boston, and says "get out, im doin your friend a huge favor" to me. i was like what! and then he gave dan his license and **** back and we got out of the car and started walking. then he drove off...crazy **** i tells ya. im not hurt at all, dan is a little injured from the airbag, and he's off to the tow place to go get his car now. who knows whats going to happen in the future, but its a lot less than what could have happened.

I'm the coolest guy ever, and I do stupid shit all the time, but this has to be one of the most....You know what? Fuck it. I've probably made hundreds of stupider decisions as bad or wrse, but I just happened to get lucky and make it through okay. Glad you're okay, glad Dan's okay, and I'm happy for y'all that Copper had some kind of empathetic crisis and let yout both off. Friend of mine and his (our) friend got pulled over once. They started drinking on the way to East Lansing from our hometown, and when the cop breathalyzed them, Dizzle (passenger) blew a .32. Kizzle (driver) blew a .36. They'd each just taken a swig of liquor, they said, and the breathalyzer couldn't be accurate. (I later heard they were at least each 7 drinks in 90 minutes deep.) The cop took pity on them, trusted them when they said they were going to a place 2 blocks away, told Dizzle to take Kizzle's place (he was slightly less drunk.....), followed them there to watch for signs of intoxication, and let them completely off the hook.Kizzle, who'd driven drunk with impunity since his 16th birthday, hasn't driven drunk since. Wang

for better or for worse, ive driven drunk quite a bit. for whatever its worth, here is my opinion on drunk driving.When you're driving sober, your attention is not focused on the road. between radio/cd/cell phones/make up/personal appearance/etc., you arent paying attention to the road. when you're drunk, you shouldnt drive. I agree. but most state laws prosecute way before "drunk". so where is the line?i think that just paying attention to driving is so important. driving at night for the most part isnt that hard. its just following a line, turning a wheel, folllowing signs/lights. The only truly inhibited capabilies that alcohol impairs are depth perception and reaction. Weed kills depth perception too...i hate driving stoned more than i do drunk. The people who swerve all over the road dont understand driving, and thus are a definite threat to reality.at 1 am on the majority of roads, it doesnt take a lot to drive. just pay attention to the road.i will share one story. I was partying at Curry College in MA with my buddies one day. he had to pick up his friend at the airport, so i sat in his dorm room drinking and playing a limit tourney on royal vegas. I ended up placing in the tourney, much to my surprise, but was pretty buzzed by the time he got back. we went to another suite an partied for a while.i had planeed on spending the night at his dorm. but at the party i started dancing with some underage girls that i knew from high school, and almost started a fight or two, and had been drinking for 6-8 hours. drunkenly i decided itd be a good idea for me to drive home to avoid any confrontations. my friend was too blasted to stop me.so i leave the school, and im driving, and driving, and driving....but i decline to make any turns. so im just driving straight, following roads, missing my exits left and right, no idea where im going. i call my girlfriend and im just chatting and stuff. eventually i have to piss. so i find i side street and pull over in someone's lawn. my cell phone had been on my lap. the cell phone i just bought 2 days ago. i get out of the car, urinate on this person's tree, the phone falls to the ground. i get back into my car and drive back towards where i came from, even though i have no idea where im going.so im driving a little bit farther, i see a blockbuster and pull in, planning on taking out my map and deciphering it to figure out how to get home. A cop across the street sees this car pulling into a blockbuster at 1 am and gets a little suspicious. he comes over and sees what im up to. i reek like all kinds of booze, cant stand up, dont know where i am or how i get there, only know where im trying to get. the cop calls his buddy, has him come meet me, and they decided the appropiate course of action was for them to call a cab for me, leave my car at the blockbuster, and have the cab drive me home. its pretty hard for me to complain, so i accept the $50 cab ribe and explain the rest to my parents in the morning.it turns out i was on a main route and aany other day would have had 0 problem getting home. I couldnt think, but i had no problem driving straight and following street regulations for at least half an hour. i dont even know how i got to the blockbuster. but i made it safe and sound. i definately got lucky with the cops being extremely generous, and they never breathalized me, although im sure the smell of beer was pretty obvious. but i was still driving ok.i have still driven drunk since then, sometimes to my dismay. its not smart, i wish i wouldnt do it, but after a dozen sam adams i dont think the same person is making the decisions as the one the started the drinking.

Jesus theraflu. I like you and you seem like a really cool guy but it sounds like you are borderline alcoholic. I don't know if you are joking in the FTP chats when you tell me you have been pounding beers all day and drove home drunk, but it looks like you weren't joking. Maybe you have things under control, but it sounds like you need to quit drinking and definitely QUIT DRIVING DRUNK. You will end up killing yourself or another innocent person. It's not that hard to call a cab, so do it, and save yourself the arrest and possible injuries. I hope everything works out for you.

ehhh borderline is probably the appropiate term. I dont need to drink, i never say i need a drink, i never feel like a need a drink, and for a while i was only getting drunk about once a month. the two stories in this thread are both over a year old. it does seem like the drinking has picked up in the last month or two. strange how that coincides with my poker downfall. whenever i get a real job, which hopefully will be soon, and be workin a streday 40 hour week i definately wont be drinking during the week, my memory and brain cant handle it. the driving drunk stuff....if it takes 8-10 beers in 4-5 hours to be "drunk" and less than that im buzzed, but its still illegal for me to drive home...wheres the line? simple answer A is stop drinking. simple answer B-F are stop drinking. lately ive been way more addicted to poker than beer, which for me is much worse. when im running bad and playing bad, i lose all sorts of money. at least drinking can be curbed at $20 a night. o look at me, creating my own self help thread. im really not that bad though. when i crash into a police cruiser, i promise to let ya know.

At least the Brookline cops were cool. Makes me proud of my hometown. :club:

just for the record, driving distracted (cell phone, radio, etc) is not ok. it is very bad. it does not rationalize drunk driving. rather, the vaguely accurate comparison only helps to condemn such activities.a main difference though is that when you are doing something distracting, you are usually aware of it. further, you can eliminate the distraction if a crisis situation arises. when you are drunk you are unaware of how impaired you are.i sincerely hope that if you ever do anything a fraction this stupid and dangerous again, you are sent to jail and sodomized.

i sincerely hope that if you ever do anything a fraction this stupid and dangerous again, you are sent to jail and sodomized.
that isn't a punishment for some of us.:touches dannygs thigh:
that isn't a punishment for some of us.:touches dannygs thigh:
as you might be able to guess from the Sick Thread discussion tonight, touching my thigh might be a dangerous thing.I'm not saying stop, I'm just recommending safety goggles and a splash guard.

:watches quietly from corner: :club: