• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually never fast forward through performances, but I did for both women last night after 15 seconds of listening. I liked Zayra's voice in certain songs, not last night. Patrice is not good. I've liked her progessively less every week.The original song wasn't great, I don't think I'd buy an album with Dilana as the singer.The risky thing about a competition like this is, people build a loyalty towards a certain singer, then if their favorite gets cut, then they may forget about the band if they don't like who is chosen.That being said, I still have my top three as Magni, Toby...ok, my top 2. I like Ryan's voice when he isn't screaming, Lukas has his moments, but I'm with Newsted on the restrained voice sounding bad comment, Storm is nutty and overconfident, and a bit of a moron. Dilani is limited.

Dilana and Toby are both the most consistent performers but i really think the fact that Ryan has had 2 encores that have been absolutely amazing puts him in the top 2-3. Magni is going to have to keep getting better to make it up there. He is by far the most improved from his 'vegas-like' performance early on in the competition. I cant wait to see what Ryan brings next. He killed Losing my Religion and In the Air Tonight. My pick to win unless the band is just looking for someone with Dilana's stage presence. I wouldnt buy an album with Dilana fronting though. She is by far the best 'performer' but vocally doesnt cut it for me.

Both of Ryans encored were really moody ballads which I don't see Tommy Lee and the Boys writing very many of
exactly, I thought Ryan's voice was excellent during Losing My Religion, but he loses something during an uptempo song.and Magni gave the best performance of the show when he did Live's When the Dolphins Cry acoustically. I love Live and the way he did that actually made me watch it around 5 more times on Youtube. His voice was great
exactly, I thought Ryan's voice was excellent during Losing My Religion, but he loses something during an uptempo song.and Magni gave the best performance of the show when he did Live's When the Dolphins Cry acoustically. I love Live and the way he did that actually made me watch it around 5 more times on Youtube. His voice was great
homo
Both of Ryans encored were really moody ballads which I don't see Tommy Lee and the Boys writing very many of
I wouldn't be to sure of that. The song that they wrote that Dilana did was quite bluesy and poppy. They have all done the rock thing, and Clarke's soul is in blues guitar. Remember, this is just a little side project for the fun of it, probably funded by CBS- Tommy still has Motley Crue, Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars just wrapped up writing new material and the tour with Aerosmith gets under way soon- I know they are in Phoenix in October. I of course will be there- I love the Crue. Point being, I think they really are looking to do something new. It will not be Flotsam and Jetsam, Mettalica or Guns n Roses, or Crue or Methods of Mayhem. It looks like Clarke is the numero uno musician and he had been touring with Heart for quite awhile. I expect rock, but not metal. Bluesy, poppy rock which will no doubt fit Ryans vocal style. He is my pick to win.

My 3 favoriteMagniTobyRyanI've determined that I don't like Lukas' voice. He sounds like someone is choking him half the time.Patrice is awful.Ryan's original sound was very good I thought.I still am not a Dilana fan, although she does something for them.Ever notice the two people they like they most are the two oddest? Lukas and Dilana.Storm hit the wall, and I noticed that she shouldn't go any further.

I thought Toby was the best last nightSo tired of Dilana
agreed, I couldn't pull the trigger on a Dilana led band.Who am I kidding? I ain't buying that album based on the first song either.I just really like Toby's voice, and Ryan's, and Magni's at certain times. Magni sold me when he did the Live song, but I haven't been convinced these last two weeks. His version of Creep was rough for me, I thought he did the Bowie song ok, but it was average, and his Nirvana wasn't awful.

I think Ryan/Dilana are the clear favorites in the competition. I dont know if Supernova will want a woman fronting the band though, when it comes down to it. And the fact that Dilana's voice wont sell many albums. Ryan will sell albums, Toby will sell albums, and Magni will sell albums. Lukas is out, he hasnt brought anything that great in over 4 weeks. Storm would be great as a solo artist but not fronting SN. Ryan Star will win.

I think Ryan/Dilana are the clear favorites in the competition. I dont know if Supernova will want a woman fronting the band though, when it comes down to it. And the fact that Dilana's voice wont sell many albums. Ryan will sell albums, Toby will sell albums, and Magni will sell albums. Lukas is out, he hasnt brought anything that great in over 4 weeks. Storm would be great as a solo artist but not fronting SN. Ryan Star will win.
I'll sell Ryan and buy Magni for ten PS dollars if you likeI just don't think he works for the Tommy and Crew party vibe - too serious Anyone notice his tongue last night it look like he had just sucked on a cherry blow pop - er or perhaps Mexico's candy colored penis
I'll sell Ryan and buy Magni for ten PS dollars if you likeI just don't think he works for the Tommy and Crew party vibe - too serious Anyone notice his tongue last night it look like he had just sucked on a cherry blow pop - er or perhaps Mexico's candy colored penis
saw that. Probably a cherry flavor throat lasange (I can't spell that word)I was nowhere in site, besides, I'm saving myself for Toby
saw that. Probably a cherry flavor throat lasange (I can't spell that word)I was nowhere in site, besides, I'm saving myself for Toby
a groupie who still believes in love I respect thatyou know when they blocked out dilanas nudity it was the first time I was ever pleased with pixilationi think its lozange although you did come close to lasagne which also might have turned his tongue red

I thought Ryan made it his job to lose last night with his original. Toby and Patrice are gone this week- I originally liked Toby but he has failed miserably at entertaining me in the slightest bit. Now, I wouldn't be suprised to see Toby last one more week and instead have Storm dissapear. I really can't pinpoint it, but somethings missing with her,

I thought Toby was the best last nightSo tired of Dilana
You liked Toby? Good god man, why?

This is my first post outside of the army so I am trying to expand my horizons. I have been following this show quite a bit lately but not from the beginning. My fave would have to be Magni. I think he is the most consistent and he blew me away with that Live song a few weeks ago. I did not get to watch tonight but I can't imagine anyone but Patrice going home. She has never impressed me. I think Storm has a really good voice but I don't think she is right for this band. Her voice reminds me of that Lisa Marie Presley song a few years ago. I really liked Ryan's origianl song and that was the first time he really impressed me. I also like Dilana but see no one else really does. None of the others are real memorable for me.

This is my first post outside of the army so I am trying to expand my horizons. I have been following this show quite a bit lately but not from the beginning. My fave would have to be Magni. I think he is the most consistent and he blew me away with that Live song a few weeks ago. I did not get to watch tonight but I can't imagine anyone but Patrice going home. She has never impressed me. I think Storm has a really good voice but I don't think she is right for this band. Her voice reminds me of that Lisa Marie Presley song a few years ago. I really liked Ryan's origianl song and that was the first time he really impressed me. I also like Dilana but see no one else really does. None of the others are real memorable for me.
I like Dilana as well. I'm pulling for her to win it.Patrice going home didn't surprise me, though I did like her original on Tuesday.I was suyprisde to see Magni in the bottom 3. Even though it was one of my least favorite Magni performances, he was one of the better performers Tuesday. I thought for sure the bottoms 3 would come down to either Patrice or Storm getting the ax. Storm is next to go, I think, maybe Toby. I didn't see him sing tonight, but I was told it was pretty bad.
I wouldn't be to sure of that. The song that they wrote that Dilana did was quite bluesy and poppy. They have all done the rock thing, and Clarke's soul is in blues guitar. Remember, this is just a little side project for the fun of it, probably funded by CBS- Tommy still has Motley Crue, Nikki Sixx and Mick Mars just wrapped up writing new material and the tour with Aerosmith gets under way soon- I know they are in Phoenix in October. I of course will be there- I love the Crue. Point being, I think they really are looking to do something new. It will not be Flotsam and Jetsam, Mettalica or Guns n Roses, or Crue or Methods of Mayhem. It looks like Clarke is the numero uno musician and he had been touring with Heart for quite awhile. I expect rock, but not metal. Bluesy, poppy rock which will no doubt fit Ryans vocal style. He is my pick to win.
Didn't Tommy say something to Patrice about her song being too happy for their band though, but that they could darken it up a bit. I think it will be blues based music but pretty dark lyricly and pretty heavy. With Newstead on bass It's going to be pretty Bass driven and Tommy likes to bash the skins pretty hard, plus he plays the drums too! lolI love this show and am looking forward to seeing what the final band looks like. -Bear
dilana continues to annoy me - and wow her head is about as big as Greg Raymer now
Dilana just wrote her own ticket home. I think even if she makes in the top 2-3 Supernova will dump her because of her indescretions to the press. I think Ryan, and Magni are the only two that have a realistic chance of winning now.

You know I enjoy the show a lot but its actually pretty funny speculating on the hit potential of any of the winners when you take into account that last year's winner JD Fortune has written more hit songs (1) than all three supernova members combined. Tommy's fun but really he's known more for his penis than his musical talentJason Newstead is well a bass player who latched onto a successful band when their bus rolled overGilby Clarke keeps telling people he was in Guns and Roses and yet no one seems to remember that the only album he played on was a collection of Punk coversGilby seems cool but really he looks much more like a rock star than he is one.

You know I enjoy the show a lot but its actually pretty funny speculating on the hit potential of any of the winners when you take into account that last year's winner JD Fortune has written more hit songs (1) than all three supernova members combined. Tommy's fun but really he's known more for his penis than his musical talentJason Newstead is well a bass player who latched onto a successful band when their bus rolled overGilby Clarke keeps telling people he was in Guns and Roses and yet no one seems to remember that the only album he played on was a collection of Punk coversGilby seems cool but really he looks much more like a rock star than he is one.
Didn't TL help write any of the Crue songs?