ugh my tivo f'ed up need a mexico recap
Zayra, Patrice and Phil in the bottom 3Zayra did Kay's Choice, I'm not an addict with only guitar.Patrice did a Rahiohead song, I forget which one, but she did goodPhil did a Failure song, something umbrellas, he did ok, but he just cant sing very well and is kind of annoying.Supernova questioned his commitment and sent him packin.
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zayra, Patrice and Phil in the bottom 3Zayra did Kay's Choice, I'm not an addict with only guitar.Patrice did a Rahiohead song, I forget which one, but she did goodPhil did a Failure song, something umbrellas, he did ok, but he just cant sing very well and is kind of annoying.
Patrice's song was "My Iron Lung". I thought she kicked *** on it. One of the best performances of this watered down season.Zayra was horrible as usual. Don't know why she is still around.Phil wasn't great, but he brought it tonight and I thought he deserved more of a chance than the dumb *****.--RuffRidr

I finally watched an episode of this and I can't believe how many of them suck. I liked Dave's line to that one chick about the difference being that he has a job so he doesn't need to audition.

Patrice's song was "My Iron Lung". I thought she kicked *** on it. One of the best performances of this watered down season.Zayra was horrible as usual. Don't know why she is still around.Phil wasn't great, but he brought it tonight and I thought he deserved more of a chance than the dumb *****.--RuffRidr
Wrong. Zayras cover of that song was ****ing amazing. That being said, she is not what this band is looking for but is a shitload more entertaining than that stiff Phil- geez, he was awful. That cover of One headlight was as lifeless as when Jakob Dylan does it. I think you will see some of that, where a decision is made to keep somebody around based on the fact that they are entertaining, but not neccesarily going to win. My guess for the next to go- Patrice, or Ryan Starr, who is just pain awful.
Wrong. Zayras cover of that song was ****ing amazing. That being said, she is not what this band is looking for but is a shitload more entertaining than that stiff Phil- geez, he was awful. That cover of One headlight was as lifeless as when Jakob Dylan does it. I think you will see some of that, where a decision is made to keep somebody around based on the fact that they are entertaining, but not neccesarily going to win. My guess for the next to go- Patrice, or Ryan Starr, who is just pain awful.
Were we watching the same show? Zayras cover was not amazing. She hasn't done anything remotely amazing yet. A couple of weeks ago she tanked a performance, and then for the elimination show she did the same song!!Here's my predicition: she will again be horrible, she will not be singing a rock song, and she will again be in the bottom three. Whether or not she goes after that I can't say, because I thought she should have went the last three weeks.--RuffRidr
Were we watching the same show? Zayras cover was not amazing. She hasn't done anything remotely amazing yet. A couple of weeks ago she tanked a performance, and then for the elimination show she did the same song!!Here's my predicition: she will again be horrible, she will not be singing a rock song, and she will again be in the bottom three. Whether or not she goes after that I can't say, because I thought she should have went the last three weeks.--RuffRidr
I loved that cover. Apparently, 70 plus years of musicianship did as well.

It pains me to agree with Lois, but he's right, I enjoyed her cover as well. And as a Live fan, I didn't think Ryan Starr butchered it. He's not very good, but he was ok last week.Phil did have to go, One Headlight nearly made me vomit.They keep Zayra around for entertainment purposes.

mexico never reads my posts yet always seems to agree
I was making a point to agree with you, toolbox. I just didn't quote you. And I read most (read: none) of you stuff.

Ryan Starr actually blew me away. couldn't give you bottom 3nothing blew me away besides Ryan. Everone else was average. Not digging the songs they picked.Toby was okMagni was average, Coldplay not his bagDana was ok

It pains me to agree with Lois, but he's right, I enjoyed her cover as well.
Well ok, whatever. Everyone has their own tastes. But did you see her performance this week? You'd have to be blind and tone deaf to think this one didn't suck. Come on, let's hear it.--RuffRidr
Well ok, whatever. Everyone has their own tastes. But did you see her performance this week? You'd have to be blind and tone deaf to think this one didn't suck. Come on, let's hear it.--RuffRidr
first of all tiger, easy with the aggression. We're just a couple of kids talking about a tv show.Second, I think she's odd, and has no chance. That being said, I don't hate her voice. It has a unique kind of quality that I don't mind. I'm not gonna say I like her, but I do enjoy her voice at times. Thats just me, my silly opinion
I thought that performance of Losing My Religion was awesome.I also liked Storm's performance.
agreed on both accounts.I actually backed up the tivo and watched it again.No doubt he's the encore.

Ryan Starr gave me a reason to think twice last night- easily his best and probably close to the top for the show. Bottom 3? Zayra, Lukas and Toby. Lukas had better start singing instead of growling- as Newstead has put it time and time again, opening his throat would do wonders.

Tops for last night:Ryan - Hell of a performance, he should get encore.Dilana - Good as usual.No one else really stood out to me.Bottom:Zayra - Have I mentioned that I don't like herl? Nice superhero get upLukas - forgot lyrics, but you couldn't tell with how bad he sang anywayJill - attractive, but her performance was nerve grating--RuffRidr

Tops for last night:Ryan - Hell of a performance, he should get encore.Dilana - Good as usual.No one else really stood out to me.Bottom:Zayra - Have I mentioned that I don't like herl? Nice superhero get upLukas - forgot lyrics, but you couldn't tell with how bad he sang anywayJill - attractive, but her performance was nerve grating--RuffRidr
You know what? I would have to move Jill in Tobys spot,although I thought Toby really stunk it up. Jill was just plain awful. I did love Zayras superhero outfit as well. Something tells me she knows exactly what she is doing.
you gave me only 5-1 last night. Jerk.I'd write my review, but you and I are the only ones who read this thread, and we discussed it last night, as pillow talk
I read this thread, just don't generally comment. Ryan Star doing REM last night was OUT-STANDING, though.
I read this thread, just don't generally comment. Ryan Star doing REM last night was OUT-STANDING, though.
His encore wasn't as good as last night's performancePatrice is the next to go. Jill isn't right for them, but Patrice just isn't that strong. The only reason she stays is because Tommy likes her tats and has flashbacks of Jill/Pam and can't stand seeing a blonde with fake bags on stage.Next three to goPatriceJill Zayranot in that order necessarilty
His encore wasn't as good as last night's performancePatrice is the next to go. Jill isn't right for them, but Patrice just isn't that strong. The only reason she stays is because Tommy likes her tats and has flashbacks of Jill/Pam and can't stand seeing a blonde with fake bags on stage.Next three to goPatriceJill Zayranot in that order necessarilty
I agree about his encore. He tried to oversing it, I think.I really like Magni, but I didn't like him singing Coldplay. I also like Toby a lot.

anyone ever see Titanic where the sailor has to shoot someone and he can't take it so he then shoots himselfthat's how i'd feel with Zayra if i were married to her after an hour i think i'd want to shoot her

anyone ever see Titanic where the sailor has to shoot someone and he can't take it so he then shoots himselfthat's how i'd feel with Zayra if i were married to her after an hour i think i'd want to shoot her
a simple "I don't enjoy her performances" would have sufficed.