• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like you and I were the only ones that watched this.I have lots of opinions.A couple of very good singers, a couple of very bad, even embarassing ones, and some average ones.the former baseball player from GA, the corporate Real Estate guy from Chicago and a few others were horribly bad and funny.That Roxanne cover was awful.Who sings Nickelback, and watching the "Rock Stars" bobbing their heads to it was funny.Midget chick wasn't good.Australian guy that sang Knockin was goodFirst two chicks were ok,Iceland guy had a good voice, but was too campy on stagelast guy was ok, but too weirdtall chick that sang Melissa Etheridge was okGuy that sang Black Crows was good, but probably a one trick ponyAustralian guy is in the lead. I think.

I have no idea if Iceland guy can sing Satisfaction is impossible to make sound good live for some reason unless you totally do it differently like Otis ReddingBilly Idol dude looked like a reanimated corpseI hate that just like last year all the girls have deep husky voices except that Bjork chick who was just weirdi thought knocking on heavans door guy was the bestJason Newstead came off like a dorkDid Gilby Clark have anything to do with guns' success i need to look that upShortly after a mammoth tour in support of their overblown Use Your Illusion albums got underway in late 1991, founding guitarist Izzy Stradlin abruptly left the group. Clarke was one of the few guitarists that G N' R tried out, and was quickly invited onboard. Clarke remained with the group for the remainder of the tour (which lasted through 1993), and appeared on their all-covers release, The Spaghetti Incident. er so no

I have no idea if Iceland guy can sing Satisfaction is impossible to make sound good live for some reason unless you totally do it differently like Otis ReddingBilly Idol dude looked like a reanimated corpseI hate that just like last year all the girls have deep husky voices except that Bjork chick who was just weirdi thought knocking on heavans door guy was the bestJason Newstead came off like a dorkDid Gilby Clark have anything to do with guns' success i need to look that up
he's no member of the Ju Ju Hounds or whatever Izzy's band was named.The spanish chick was bad as well, yes. Bring me to life, latina and out of tune.looks like its just you and me kid.

Did you notice that the second performer was named Ryan Star which is a really dumb name since it was the name of American Idol 1 and surreal life member Ryan StarrWhy didnt he just call himself Ringo Star

Did you notice that the second performer was named Ryan Star which is a really dumb name since it was the name of American Idol 1 and surreal life member Ryan StarrWhy didnt he just call himself Ringo Star
yeah, and he wasn't that good either, and got dogged for looking at his fingers while changing chordsvoice not very good, not awful, but just not top quality. I did notice that.
yeah, and he wasn't that good either, and got dogged for looking at his fingers while changing chordsvoice not very good, not awful, but just not top quality. I did notice that.
yeah playing with a guitar is rock star unless you look like a beginner doing it - tres not rock star

I thought the Patrice Pike (Somebody To Love) was pretty good, and Lukas Rossi (Rebel Yell) was a little weird, but really good.Matt Hoffer (Yellow) was pretty damn good, too.Phil Ritchie (Cult of Personality) was absolutely horrid.

he hasn't been tossed yet but here is perhaps the most misguided answer in the history of televisionWhat are you going to do to show us you can Rock harder?Duran Duran!

Didn't realize this started already. ****, I have some catching up to do. Singing rock covers is a new hobby of mine since I did karaoke a month back and ****ing brought the roof down with a cover of Vertical Horizons " Everything you want." Seriously, I was really good. I used to sing in school but hadn't sang a note in years. It was fun- I just might take some voice lessons and start a band.

I really like the Australian Guy.. I can't believe that guy tried to make up for his shortcomings by Singing Duran Duran to those guys of all people! :club:
Me either, but his voice and performance was wayyyyy better than the first 2 I thought. Duran Duran or not, he shouldn't have been sent home.I thought the 2nd guy was the worst.
Me either, but his voice and performance was wayyyyy better than the first 2 I thought. Duran Duran or not, he shouldn't have been sent home.I thought the 2nd guy was the worst.
Word. By choosing Duran Duran, he's got a set of balls on him. It completely blew me away to hear the band's thought process on it."We think you have a weak voice, but you're going to stay while we kick out the better singer."Maybe he would have fared better if he chose View To A Kill...

totally agree, he sounded the best in the cut show, and the other two will be gone in the next two weeks, along with the latin chick, unless she blows Supernova.

So who is in the bottom three this week?I say the same two from last week and the Spanish chick. Unless she wears something hot. But if she is as bad as last week with her "Bring me to life" rendition, she should be in the bottom.I say Chris (I think thats his name, the kid that did LA Woman) will be gone.

That dude Chris will make a comeback - he's pretty - he's not awful - he just screwed up by trying to unreggae Roxanne - unless he sings Hungry Like the Wolf this week he will be ok

Hey, I've been watching this trainwreck too. I have been absolutely blown away by the lack of rock songs in the first 2 shows. The guy that sang Duran Duran should have been thrown off the stage right when he said he was going to sing that song. That would have sent a clear message to the remaining contestants. That Lukas Rossi didn't even sing Rebel Yell all that well and the band was acting like he was the best damned thing they ever saw. It wasn't him, the rest of them just sucked for song choice.--RuffRidr

and what would you suggest? Pantera? I agree that a lot of the songs were pop rock, but lets be honest, they can't really go out and sign Tool songs.I'm sure they are kind of limited, and if you paid attention, their opening songs were picked for them. They were given a list of songs to choose from, and it was a process of elimination from there.

ok, after watching last night, it went pretty much as expected. The guys are no longer pleasant to the competitors. They pretty much tore everyone a new one.After the last performer, I have little doubt who the next singer is. Toby the Australian is real good.I like Magni's voice.The Spanish chick blows and is gone if she makes the bottom three. Chris wasn't that bad this week. (Roxanne guy)The crazy broad Dilana needs to sing the hit song by Hole from 10 years ago. Go on take everything.show recap over

Jill did sing the Violet song and got trashedLike I said last week Toby is the only one who is remotely talented - Lukas is interesting but something is weird about his voiceDilana gives me mass murderer nightmares - Although I'm wondering why no one has seemed to figure out that she can't sing at allAfter the American Idol thing with the same issue why are people acting surprised about someone doing Ring of Fire slowly?The mexican chick is gone - she did You Really Got Me well but you can't dis the celebs and get away with itHer better answer would have been "I don't really fit but i need to see Tommy's massive dong up close and personal"

which one is Jill and what is the Violet song. I watched the whole thing I thought.Oh you know what, come to think of it, my tivo only recorded 57 minutes, maybe the rain deleted her performance out. hmmm The bar didn't make it the the 1 hour mark. ahh, the Hole songI don't remember which one is Jill.yeah, slutty spanish broad is gone. She'll have to suck for her salvation, but remember, America has to put her in the bottom three.