Ortiz Vs Shamrock

I heard that Dana White is working on Ortiz-Shamrock 3.I'd like to see Tito beat on him some more, but I don't think it does anything to further Tito's career. But it does a ton to bring a light back on Ken, who needs to retire once and for all.

Mr White trying to make nice.that's cool.cards are pretty thin these days trying to do 8 per yr and using the Ultimate fighters from the show. Hey, if you don't win the show, or at least end up in a battle like forrest..what the hell are you doing on a main card?

Mr White trying to make nice.that's cool.cards are pretty thin these days trying to do 8 per yr and using the Ultimate fighters from the show. Hey, if you don't win the show, or at least end up in a battle like forrest..what the hell are you doing on a main card?
Great point! They are giving tv time to a bunch of guys that are mid-level guys at best (and that is not meant with any disrespect). I'd rather watch Hughes, Franklin, Tito, Lidell, etc. than a guy who lost his first fight on TUF.
  • 4 weeks later...
I can't wait for OvS3 on Spike. Knowing that Shamrock is so hopeless now-a-days, I hope Tito takes his time in this fight and gives a good show.
Honestly I'd would have rather the UFC give me a refund for the $40 I spent on the last fight. Tito has everything to lose and really nothing to gain from this fight. If he beats him he goes 3-0 against Ken. If he loses, then all the talk will be that their should be a 4th fight.I see Tito by a 2nd round stoppage.
Honestly I'd would have rather the UFC give me a refund for the $40 I spent on the last fight. Tito has everything to lose and really nothing to gain from this fight. If he beats him he goes 3-0 against Ken. If he loses, then all the talk will be that their should be a 4th fight.I see Tito by a 2nd round stoppage.
well, in all honesty, Shamrock was very close to being finished and herb dean was protecting him more then anything. If you watch it on slo mo, then yes, shamrock wasn't really rocked, but in real time, it really looked like shamrock was in a lot of trouble. What many don't know is that shamrock is in extremely awful physical condition from years of pro wrestling and over training because of how many shows that pancrase would run. His neck has been in bad shape for at least 15 years. UFC giving us Tito/Shamrock3 is the next best solution. Its the biggest fight to ever be broadcasted on free tv and is a major step forward for UFC
well, in all honesty, Shamrock was very close to being finished and herb dean was protecting him more then anything. If you watch it on slo mo, then yes, shamrock wasn't really rocked, but in real time, it really looked like shamrock was in a lot of trouble. What many don't know is that shamrock is in extremely awful physical condition from years of pro wrestling and over training because of how many shows that pancrase would run. His neck has been in bad shape for at least 15 years. UFC giving us Tito/Shamrock3 is the next best solution. Its the biggest fight to ever be broadcasted on free tv and is a major step forward for UFC
It's great from a fan standpoint, I mean what was a PPV main event a few months ago is now being shown for free. But, what does winning do for Tito...nothing, he is expected and supposed to win. I love his quote that "Ken was 3 elbows away from dying." I think Herb Dean did his job and stopped a fight that looked like it could become very dangerous for Ken.
It's great from a fan standpoint, I mean what was a PPV main event a few months ago is now being shown for free. But, what does winning do for Tito...nothing, he is expected and supposed to win. I love his quote that "Ken was 3 elbows away from dying." I think Herb Dean did his job and stopped a fight that looked like it could become very dangerous for Ken.
I think it does plenty for Tito in the way of a larger paycheque for future PPV fights.
I think it does plenty for Tito in the way of a larger paycheque for future PPV fights.
Why would beating a guy for the 3rd time do anything for future PPV $. It seems to me like a latteral move instead of a move up.
Why would beating a guy for the 3rd time do anything for future PPV $. It seems to me like a latteral move instead of a move up.
With the ever growing fan base in the UFC, fighting Shamrock for free on cable television can do nothing but increase Titio's fan base and interest in him (especially if he destroys Ken) for future fights. If Tito becomes a bigger draw for PPV buy rates, he can demand a larger fee for himself to fight.
in a word yes. Its all about drawing power, and this is a match that anyone that has a clue knows what the outcome is going to be, but due to both of these guys' hatred for each other, it will still mean something in a sense. I'd be willing to bet that because of this fight, that the UFN that this will be on will overall do over a 3 rating. What it would also do is get more people to see Tito and set up a Tito/Liddell rematch(which Liddell will most likely win) and do record numbers. Shamrock/Tito 2 looks to have done 715K buys and I'd be willing to bet that Liddell/Tito would do close to 1m buys. Only Oscar DeLaHoya matches and wrestlemania do those figures for PPV buys, so UFC doing that would be massive
in a word yes. Its all about drawing power, and this is a match that anyone that has a clue knows what the outcome is going to be, but due to both of these guys' hatred for each other, it will still mean something in a sense. I'd be willing to bet that because of this fight, that the UFN that this will be on will overall do over a 3 rating. What it would also do is get more people to see Tito and set up a Tito/Liddell rematch(which Liddell will most likely win) and do record numbers. Shamrock/Tito 2 looks to have done 715K buys and I'd be willing to bet that Liddell/Tito would do close to 1m buys. Only Oscar DeLaHoya matches and wrestlemania do those figures for PPV buys, so UFC doing that would be massive
Good points. Honestly I would like to see Tito pound Ken so that his only career option is to go back to the WWE and become Ken Shamrock...The World's Most Dangerous Man again :club:
Good points. Honestly I would like to see Tito pound Ken so that his only career option is to go back to the WWE and become Ken Shamrock...The World's Most Dangerous Man again :club:
:D His ring rages where hilarious!
:club: His ring rages where hilarious!
I can still remember him doing those and laughing like crazy. I was always amazed that a legit fighter would do WWE. I'm sure he got paid well for making a fool of himself.
I can still remember him doing those and laughing like crazy. I was always amazed that a legit fighter would do WWE. I'm sure he got paid well for making a fool of himself.
After Tito beats him again, the only wrestling contract he'll be able to get is with TNA.
After Tito beats him again, the only wrestling contract he'll be able to get is with TNA.
And the infamous 6-sided ring! Maybe he can work for some of the indy shows that wrestle in high school gyms and VFW Halls.
Maybe shamrock likes getting his *** kicked on PPV. Like its some sick obsession.
Could be...but in all fairness Ken had a great run. But his run is over and it's time for him to end his fighting career. If he hangs on too long (and may already have) his legacy will be that of a guy who didn't know when to say enough was enough.