• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a crazy day today.Can't believe I only lost 1k in cash games. I played a ton of hands for me in a day, and just ran insanely poor. Granted you alwasy misplay a hand here or there during a session...but if only I ran good today I'd of won at least 5 buy ins.I was playing a $400nl table on party that kept a $150 - $200+ pot average for hours. It was sick. I also played some $600nl on Bodog which was good. I made one bad decision that cost me $600 (lol) but other than that really pleased with how I played.I've had worse days than this, but I just feel extra frustrated right now cause of how many hands I played and the beats and results I'm showing.I'm going to estimate I got in around 1.5k hands...oh well. I'm still shooting for a $4k month, but it's tough considering I've only got a few days to work at that.- Jordan

One week left.Revised goal:Starting at $220 (a few days ago)End goal: $620If I could make $400 by the end of the month, I'd be extremely happy, and I can start August with my own friggen bankroll for a change, and work it up from there!I'm currently at $337.40, so i'm over 1/4 of the way there.From that $620, I'll end up with $200 to start over again in August, and I will never look back :DYou guys, hold me to this: No more gambling. No more shots. No more tilting.- Zach

since updates seem to be the cool thing to do:basically no hands played in the last 5 days. I'm just over 32K hands for the month, with 15-20K at absolute. 3/6 is dying unfortunately, so its mostly 2/4 being played. I think 2/4 has the potential to be my strongest game, but I definitely feel like I play best at 3/6 right now. my win rates are pretty much the same, but I'd prefer to play 3/6 if games were available.so I'll probably get to 40K hands this month, but it was looking like I could hit 50-60K earlier in the month. results have been blah, but nothing horrible. very few sessions where I was up or down more than 25 bets.stats have been moving to more like 16.5/9.5/2.8, though i'm trying to push them closer to 18-19/11-12, mostly by increasing my steal attempts from 22 to 35 or so. my goal for the rest of the month is to stop paying off idiotic open-limpers who flop huge hands.

I'm a winner! I won a $30+3 SNG last night. I hadn't played one in a long time. I wanted to feel like an outright winner and got my wish. Go me.

stats have been moving to more like 16.5/9.5/2.8, though i'm trying to push them closer to 18-19/11-12, mostly by increasing my steal attempts from 22 to 35 or so.
22?lol.i think we found where the disparity in vpip and pfr is coming from.im sitting at about 40.When you filter my database to include only hands 7 handed +, im 19/13/3.

for those who play 3/6nl 6max on bodog...be on the look out for marcus 69...dude is a calling station. He loves to limp every hand so i sat to his left on 2 tables and kept raising him...took about 1k off of him in 2 hrs

22?lol.i think we found where the disparity in vpip and pfr is coming from.im sitting at about 40.When you filter my database to include only hands 7 handed +, im 19/13/3.
over the first 5K hands or so, it was about 22. its up closer to 25 now, and 28 at 3/6, and over the last 5K hands or so its more like 28/30.its something i need to get up, but i think 40 may be too high. you're the only player above 40 who is winning in my DB, and several others have otherwise excellent stats. i'd be happy in the 30-35 range.

There was actually a 2+2 thread where they were collecting data on winning players and of the ones that they collected, my ASB was way higher than the highest reported by quite a bit. And my latest ASB of 40% is actually lower than what it was in my older database (44%).Ive made a effort to cut back on it... but i cant for my life understand how anyone can steal only half as much as i am now.

JULY UPDATERan at 8.45PTBB/100 at 600nl on stars over 6300 hands for a total of $6500. I can't wait ofr exams and my limit addiction to end. :)Oh, and I ran at about 0.4BB/100 at limit 15/30 and 20/40 (5500 hands) :club:.Oh well, Im probalby not giong to get any more hands in before my exams end, so this is likely my July totals.

There was actually a 2+2 thread where they were collecting data on winning players and of the ones that they collected, my ASB was way higher than the highest reported by quite a bit. And my latest ASB of 40% is actually lower than what it was in my older database (44%).Ive made a effort to cut back on it... but i cant for my life understand how anyone can steal only half as much as i am now.
i started out around 20%, and i can tell you that it is simply playing scared, or playing too many tables to notice you have a raiseable hand since its been folded to you MP3 or CO.i'm up around 30% these days and still not making any that make me uncomfortable. 9To and K7o for instance are still read-dependent.i also think people who have low ones may not adjust for very stealable blinds. right now my stats for people defending is not a part of my pop-up or displayed stats, and that's probably a common mistake.i don't think i could steal 40% profitably, but you've got some post-flop skills and moves that most people aren't comfortable with. i think as much as 40% is probably profitable, and maybe something like 32-38% optimal. but so much of it is related to your opponents that its hard to say. if the ASF is 30% instead of 20%, there's a lot less hands that are stealable.i'd be pretty sure that if someone looked at stats for winning players on absolute, there'd be several near or over 40%.

I just looked up a few figures for comparison.Alphachic has an ASB of 20%. Nicodemus is at about 19%.Msnake is at about 23%. :club: I dont think 40% is high. And i dont think i have any "skills" that you dont. You give me too much credit.

Wow, that's even higher than me. I've got 30K hands in my database that I can be sure are mine (I took out the 1/2 hands since other people have played on my account at that level), and my ASB is only 38.3. I didn't know that there were people out there who actually worked on their limit game, won handily, and were disciplined that stole even more than me. Mine are almost all 6 max too, so if yours are full ring, then you're stealing a ton. Also, I'd occasionally get pissed or bored and make some steals that were decidedly sub-optimal, so I'd have to imagine that the correct number is somewhere between 30 and 35. (For the record, I don't play limit any more, but I was a winning player, as looking at my stats, my long-term win rate was 2.5 BB/100.)

Well, at least I'm looking like I might reach one of my goals this month (break even playing live). I had a court hearing in Pullman, so on the way I stopped at Northern Quest and played some 10/20. Just the fact that I hadn't played limit for quite a while seemed to keep me fresh and playing much better than I would normally as the decision to say fold KT in MP seemed interesting enough that I followed through and did it. Anyway, I ended up winning $1,000 in about 2 and a half hours, putting me pretty much even live for the month.However, if they do spread 20/40 there, it must be very occasionally as I asked the poker room manager if they spread it on the weekend or something, and he said 10/20 is the highest game that they have.

I'd be curious for a few details, as to how much the roll was, etc., since I had a meltdown myself not too long ago. Were you just playing 3/6 or did you move up trying to get it back? Just general stuff like that would be kind of interesting.

just had a great session after playing very little for the last few days. Found out that b2b's big 5x bonuses are almost completely eliminated, so my career looks short-lived.Did feel really good to have a big session, and looks like I'll finish this month with around 45K hands or so and slightly better results than my conservative estimations.Sorry to hear about the meltdown Cobalt, though I'm sure we could all benefit from the experience of the details at some point.All the best in your rebuilding efforts.

Well, when I started yesterday, I had around $7.8k in my roll. After running overpairs into sets at 2/4 and 3/6 NL, I dropped $3.8k. Probably the worst NL session I've ever had honestly. Part of it was me playing badly. Bluffs just weren't working. Every time I'd make a big hand (straight, set), I'd get outdrawn and pay off...mostly cause I hate the feeling of getting run over.I'm pretty sick of getting oversetted. The last four times it's come up, I've been the one oversetted.I played some this morning. Tried to some 1/2 PLO to mix things up. Dropped a few buy-ins there, though the NLHE is coming around a bit. Think I'm down another $500 this morning (though I was down another $1k for a while).I'm pretty bummed/frustated...cause I really do need to raise some tuition money. Sessions like these make me wonder if I know how to play the game. Looks like I may have to drop back to the 1/2 mines.

Well, when I started yesterday, I had around $7.8k in my roll. After running overpairs into sets at 2/4 and 3/6 NL, I dropped $3.8k. Probably the worst NL session I've ever had honestly. Part of it was me playing badly. Bluffs just weren't working. Every time I'd make a big hand (straight, set), I'd get outdrawn and pay off...mostly cause I hate the feeling of getting run over.I'm pretty sick of getting oversetted. The last four times it's come up, I've been the one oversetted.I played some this morning. Tried to some 1/2 PLO to mix things up. Dropped a few buy-ins there, though the NLHE is coming around a bit. Think I'm down another $500 this morning (though I was down another $1k for a while).I'm pretty bummed/frustated...cause I really do need to raise some tuition money. Sessions like these make me wonder if I know how to play the game. Looks like I may have to drop back to the 1/2 mines.
Sucks man, I was on a 10 buyin downswing at 1/2 NL. Just like you nothing was working. Oversets, outdrawn, no action on big hands. I lost 40% of my BR this month after not having a losing month all year. I too am bummed/frustrated and wonder how I built a BR in the first place.Hopefully it turns around for you. I had a nice win last nite but other than that the month has been break even or lose every session.
well another way to look at it man is that for 6 months or so u were on an unreal tear winning like 30 straight sessions right? Youll bounce back. Head to bodog and tear up their 3/6 nl. Its probably the softest game ive played so far. We all know ull get it back in a week or 2