well im at +800 for the month... goal of +1k....been going pretty smoothly. I have been takin shots at higher limits (100nl, 200nl). Anybody see a problem? Its not my full time game but I jump up and play b/c i think i can win at the game, just underrolled at the moment
depends what your roll is, but probably not a problem.mainly it depends on your reason. if you just feel like gambling it up one day, that's bad, but if you've found a really fishy table because one of your buddy-listers moved up or something, then it isn't a problem.
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ 1.1k after 1,700 hands of 1/2 6max NL (16.4 PTBB/100)+ 3k after 9k hands of 5/10 limit+ another 500 or 600 from like 10k hands of 5/10, i dunno that DB is on another comp.i heart poker

My goals for this month arePost more hands and comment on hands posted Done Play 30 hours a week Done Improve my game and play 1/2 everyday Progressing Earn about 150$ a week without rakeback and bonus Exceeding the expectations Move up to 1/2 fulltime by the end of the month Moved up and making 3BB/100 over 1.750 hands.Small sample but something eh? Well thats the plan at least.I need to tighten up a bit and improve my preflop raise precentage somehow. Also improved a lot.Especially the PRP.
well im at +800 for the month... goal of +1k....been going pretty smoothly. I have been takin shots at higher limits (100nl, 200nl). Anybody see a problem? Its not my full time game but I jump up and play b/c i think i can win at the game, just underrolled at the moment
I don't think there's anything wrong with taking shots at a game that's twice as high as you normally play, but 4x might be pushing it. Ask yourself why it is that you're playing those 1/2 games, and keeping (I'm assuming) 0.25/0.50 as your standard game. If you can't afford to play 0.5/1 consistently, you can't afford to play 1/2 sporadically.

Definitely not a good day for me at the old poker tables yesterday. I dropped 3K playing 3/6 NL first off. It was a combination of bad cards, running into some good tricky players, and just playing bad myself. Then, I went against my better judgment, started playing PP blackjack, and lost another 2K. After a 6 hour cooling off period, I played a little more, and got 1200 of it back, but I'm definitely going to have to move back down to 2/4 before I start playing again today or tomorrow. I've got a little over 6K left online, plus about 4K more that I've cashed out recently, so it's not like I broke myself or anything, but I really have to start playing with more discipline.I think I'm going to have to modify my LAG game a little bit because I just can't control myself otherwise. I make too many "image plays" and "calls because of my image" which tend to just be excuses for making bad plays. I'm still well up for the month, and my goals are all well within reach if I just calm down a little bit, so after I collect myself a little better I'm going to take my new SLAG game and go back to grinding.

I don't think there's anything wrong with taking shots at a game that's twice as high as you normally play, but 4x might be pushing it. Ask yourself why it is that you're playing those 1/2 games, and keeping (I'm assuming) 0.25/0.50 as your standard game. If you can't afford to play 0.5/1 consistently, you can't afford to play 1/2 sporadically.
The problem ive had is that I was at the higher limits and had to cash out the br to pay for college expenses. So now playin at like 50nl isnt very fun to me as i know i can beat the level. Also met and destroyed my goal for the month. Goal: +1k for the monthAs of last night: +1200ptbb/100: 15As of last night: 13I have 1775 now which will allow me to make the transition to 100nl pretty regular now which is a plus.

Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to put off the bracelet-winning for a year unless somethng unforeseen happens. I'll type up a full report once I get back home in a few days. Definitely going to have some good strat posts.

12k hands at mostly 2/4, some 3/6 and a very small bit of 5/10.2/4 is more active lately, and 3/6 less so. Weird.$1,600 at the tablesAbout $1,500 in bonus + rb
Hey Abba ... is this ring or SH?
Not that you can't beat those games, but if your lookin for juicy games (50%+/flop), check out pacific poker.
I've heard that's a gold mine, I've just never taken the time to set up an account there. Probably will soon.
40k hands at 1/2 nl over the course of 2 weeks. 4 ptbb/100 all 9-16 tabling. Works for me.
The 40k hands is more impressive than the number, really.Holy ****.Im lucky if i get 10k hands in 2 weeks.