Dutch Boyd Is Gonna Take It Down!

But also, Dutch is bypolar. Im not sure what this has to do with anything.
Dutch being bipolar means that he will say strange things. So it could come down to the funny talker and the guy who says strange things.
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!Dutch Boyd Wins the $2,500 NLHE Shorthanded Event ($475,712)Joe Hachem raises to $60,000 preflop and Dutch Boyd moves all in. Hachem calls immediately and shows AQ. Boyd turns over A5 and will need help. The flop comes AK9 and Boyd is still behind. The turn comes the J but the river brings the 5 Dutch Boyd makes two pair on the river and wins the championship.Joe Hachem finishes in second place and earns $256,800.Great finish for Hachem. I doubt Boyd will re-pay the people who he scammed.

I'm actually happy for Dutch. Looking back at the 2003 wsop I think he might have had greater influence than Moneymaker in my poker playing career. Dutch was just a "kid" playing in the big tourney and as cheezy as it sounds now, The Crew was pretty cool to me, a bunch of 20-year-olds playing poker for a living. That really opened my eyes to a "poker profession"Good for him

I'm actually happy for Dutch. Looking back at the 2003 wsop I think he might have had greater influence than Moneymaker in my poker playing career. Dutch was just a "kid" playing in the big tourney and as cheezy as it sounds now, The Crew was pretty cool to me, a bunch of 20-year-olds playing poker for a living. That really opened my eyes to a "poker profession"Good for him
Misquoted:"People ask me how I'm running, and I'm like 'Great man, I've had aces like 5 times. And kings like 4 times.' and there're like, 'really,' 'NO!' But I'm don't want YOU to know that."It's hard to capture just how awesome is was, but that was the gist.That's what I like about him. Seriously.
Yeah Cardplayer sucks with updates.
last year they were great, even if everyone folded to the BB or someone just stole the blinds they posted every hand from final tableanyone think Boyd played really shaky?calling Hachems allin with KQ once, and K3(of course cardplayer updates suck so i have no knowledge of the pot odds) then on the last hand, made a big error. Why not just raise to 180k, that way if Hachem pushes, he can get away from itnonetheless, good for him, Im glad to see him win and glad to see Hachem do well

Who cares if his play was shaky...the dude won a bracelet and some decent cash. I am looking forward to seing more of him on big buy in tourneys. Regardless of what he might have done in the past, its a great accomplishement and congrats to him. Pass the Sugah hachem....

Who cares if his play was shaky...the dude won a bracelet and some decent cash. I am looking forward to seing more of him on big buy in tourneys. Regardless of what he might have done in the past, its a great accomplishement and congrats to him. Pass the Sugah hachem....
"who cares how he played, he won" :club:
Guys play was far from shaky. He made 2-3 mistakes but it sure seems like overall he dominated one it got down to the FT.
dude he made 2-3 very questionable plays at the FT alone. most of the time, you do that, youre gonna lose

hey everybody,I'm a long time lurker on Daniel's site (does anyone remember life before Full Contact Poker?) and I thought I might chime in.Dutch Boyd might be a scumbag, (I think he is for those stupid glasses and haircut he had on TV) but do we need to make jokes about mental disease? Kinda heartless, in my book.I really would have liked to see Hachem win and have AU go nuts again.

I said he was gonna win, he won. If you make jokes about mental disease you're scum, simple was that. Dutch may have ripped people off but that doens't mean he didn't have a big impact on the poker boom. The guy just won a bracelet, good for him. I personally am glad to see it because it will contribute to poker in a positive way. Stop investing in startup poker sites if your afraid to lose money. PEACE, im drunk as f-uck, im going to bed.

I said he was gonna win, he won. If you make jokes about mental disease you're scum, simple was that. Dutch may have ripped people off but that doens't mean he didn't have a big impact on the poker boom. The guy just won a bracelet, good for him. I personally am glad to see it because it will contribute to poker in a positive way. Stop investing in startup poker sites if your afraid to lose money. PEACE, im drunk as f-uck, im going to bed.
I think what you and others are confusing is just how negative his impact was. Yes, it looked cool that some douchey 21-year old (whatever) and his CREW were winning millions of dollars. I wanted to be them (minus the douchiness). But I'm sure there were dozens of "crews" having similar success at the time, and could've been shown. However most of those crews didn't significantly hurt the poker era by hurting people's confidence in online poker. Lack of confidence in the security of online poker is unquestionably slowing the growth of it. His continuing success hurts poker (unless he uses the money to pay people back, which he won't) because it makes it so obvious that there is no accountability.

This topic irritates me. I agree with Raymer 100%. He was irresponsible and took the easy route. He was young, made a bad decision, so be it. But to show no accountability and to insist it was someone elses (CC company) fault is dispicable. At this point I could care less if he pays everyone back (By the way, will interest be included?). At the end of the day, make no mistake, this guy is a thief and should be locked up. Save the "he paid his dues" comments, I've heard it a million times. I steal your wallet, get bashed for it, two years later I return it and now I'm admirable? Please.

If running an online poker room was legal in the US, he'd be in jail right now - or at least his customer's would have a chance to get their money back (even if it was 10 cents on the dollar)... As good a reason as any for legalization.

I think what you and others are confusing is just how negative his impact was. Yes, it looked cool that some douchey 21-year old (whatever) and his CREW were winning millions of dollars. I wanted to be them (minus the douchiness). But I'm sure there were dozens of "crews" having similar success at the time, and could've been shown. However most of those crews didn't significantly hurt the poker era by hurting people's confidence in online poker. Lack of confidence in the security of online poker is unquestionably slowing the growth of it. His continuing success hurts poker (unless he uses the money to pay people back, which he won't) because it makes it so obvious that there is no accountability.
QFT