Best Overall Wsop Performance In A Year

So we can all argue about who is the best poker player ever, whether Johnny Chan's back to back to almost back WSOP main event wins was a greater achievement than Harrington's back to back main event final tables, etc. Here's another one to add to the list of WSOP discussions. Who has the best overall WSOP performance in a single year?These are the ones that immediately come to my mind.- Hellmuth 1993, 3 bracelets in Holdem (1 limit, 2 NL) and 2nd in 2-7 draw- Forrest 1993, 3 bracelets in Stud, O8b and Razz- Ivey 2002, 3 bracelets in SHOE, Stud Hi-Lo and Stud. 23rd in main event, 14th in Omaha Hi-Lo, 8th in HORSE and 9th in Omaha Hi-Lo. (5 final tables total)- Fischman 2004, 2 bracelets in HORSE and NLHE. 19th in LHE and 14th in PLHE- McEvoy 1983, 2 bracelets in main event and LHEI think Ivey's 2002 performance has to be it. Any other opinions or achievements that I missed out?

So we can all argue about who is the best poker player ever, whether Johnny Chan's back to back to almost back WSOP main event wins was a greater achievement than Harrington's back to back main event final tables, etc. Here's another one to add to the list of WSOP discussions. Who has the best overall WSOP performance in a single year?These are the ones that immediately come to my mind.- Hellmuth 1993, 3 bracelets in Holdem (1 limit, 2 NL) and 2nd in 2-7 draw- Forrest 1993, 3 bracelets in Stud, O8b and Razz- Ivey 2002, 3 bracelets in SHOE, Stud Hi-Lo and Stud. 23rd in main event, 14th in Omaha Hi-Lo, 8th in HORSE and 9th in Omaha Hi-Lo. (5 final tables total)- Fischman 2004, 2 bracelets in HORSE and NLHE. 19th in LHE and 14th in PLHE- McEvoy 1983, 2 bracelets in main event and LHEI think Ivey's 2002 performance has to be it. Any other opinions or achievements that I missed out?
Out of those I have to say ivey's but another one that comes to mind is Allen Cunningham last year.
chris moneymaker, 2003only cuz hes the bestever
QFTmoneymaker won the espn's all time best bluff of 2005 or 2004 or ssometig ghaey, i just remember them saying moneymakers bluf vs farha was amazingly awesome and he should TP/MM

fossilman maybe. he is still a noob but to win me then go on to the top 30 with comanding chip stack was pretty cool.also i think bracelets talk more than cash. joes one MASSIVE cash is nothing compared to johnny chans 10 or so bracelets

fossilman maybe. he is still a noob but to win me then go on to the top 30 with comanding chip stack was pretty cool.also i think bracelets talk more than cash. joes one MASSIVE cash is nothing compared to johnny chans 10 or so bracelets
We're talking accomplishments within ONE WSOP, not over a career.Raymer made a FT last year and made top 30 in the ME. Good showing, but not one of the best.

i think chris ferguson's 8 cashes in 2003 are deserving of some credit as well, that guy is a machine. 8 cashes (record) and 5 FT's is crazy. Phil ivey is right there too with his 3 bracelets in 2003 and phil hellmuth almost winning 4 in 20022006 - 1 so far2005 - 6 (2 FT)2004 - 4 (3 FT)2003 - 8 (5 FT, 1 bracelet)2002 - 2 (2 FT)2001 - 6 (2 FT, 1 bracelet)2000 - 4 (4 FT, 2 bracelets)1999 - 3 (1 FT)1998 - 3 (1 FT)1997 - 2 (2 FT)1996 - 3 (1 FT, 2 other top 10s in Razz/2-7)1995 - 1 (1 FT)I think hes probably the best WSOP player ever. I mean its cool that doyle won 10 bracelets, but he only won 1 in 19 years from 1979 - 1998. Johnny Chan and phil hellmuth, and the other high bracelet winners deserve recognition obv as well, but the consistency of being at a FT every year for 11 years in a row..

Daniel won 3 Bracelets that year and was the WPT top money winner all of time2004 Poker WinsWorld Poker Tour Bellagio Five-Diamond World Poker Classic II - No-limit Hold'em: 1st Place, $1,770,218 World Poker Tour Borgata - No-limit Hold'em: 1st place, $1,117,400 Championship at the Plaza - No-limt Hold'em: 1st place, $310,000 World Series of Poker - No-limit hold’em shootout: 9th place, $5,000 World Series of Poker - Limit Hold'em: 1st place, $169,100 World Series of Poker - Limit Hold'em: 7th place, $21,800 World Series of Poker - No-limit Hold'em: 3rd place, $100,940 PartyPoker Million III - Limit Hold'em championship: 2nd place, $675,178 Caribbean Adventure - No-limit Hold'em: 3rd place, $192,270 :club:

i think chris ferguson's 8 cashes in 2003 are deserving of some credit as well, that guy is a machine. 8 cashes (record) and 5 FT's is crazy. Phil ivey is right there too with his 3 bracelets in 2003 and phil hellmuth almost winning 4 in 20022006 - 1 so far2005 - 6 (2 FT)2004 - 4 (3 FT)2003 - 8 (5 FT, 1 bracelet)2002 - 2 (2 FT)2001 - 6 (2 FT, 1 bracelet)2000 - 4 (4 FT, 2 bracelets)1999 - 3 (1 FT)1998 - 3 (1 FT)1997 - 2 (2 FT)1996 - 3 (1 FT, 2 other top 10s in Razz/2-7)1995 - 1 (1 FT)I think hes probably the best WSOP player ever. I mean its cool that doyle won 10 bracelets, but he only won 1 in 19 years from 1979 - 1998. Johnny Chan and phil hellmuth, and the other high bracelet winners deserve recognition obv as well, but the consistency of being at a FT every year for 11 years in a row..
I think this was the time that Doyle only played a few events in the WSOP cuz he was way too busy with the large side games.

Here are some other great WSOP's:Chris Ferguson 2000: 1st Stud, 1st in main event. 7th in Stud Hi/Lo, and 8th in Razz.Phil Hellmuth 2001: 1st NLH, 2nd Omaha 8, 5th in the main event, 6th in Limit Hold'em, and three other cashes.Layne Flack 2002: Two No Limit Wins.Chris Ferguson 2003: 1st in Omaha Hi-lo, 1st in Limit/Stud event, 2nd in PLH, 4th in NL Deuce event, 6th in PLO, and set WSOP record with 8 cashes.Phil Hellmuth 2003: 1st in Limit Hold'em, 1st in NLH, 3rd in Limit Omaha, 6th in Limit Hold'em, and two other cashes.Men the Master Nguyen 2003: 1st in Stud, 1st in A-5 Triple Draw, 2nd in PLO, 2nd in Omaha Hi-Lo, and 4th in limit Omaha.Hilbert Shirey 1995: Two bracelets in 24 hours.Dan Harrington 1995: Two NLH bracelets including the big one.

Sidetrack: While searching the online databases on Hellmuth, I found that his dad, Hellmuth Sr has made the money in 1 small tournament. Just a piece of information that has absolutely no relevance whatsoever.

Negreanu is one of the best poker players to have ever graced the felt. I could go into the numbers, but I don't have time for that. As far as WSOP, remember '04?Also, wait until you get a load of this year. You mtfckas don't understand how well he's doing right now. Final table, and a 2nd place already? And he's probably not playing optimally yet, just warming up.I say Negreanu takes two bracelets this year at WSOP, and may even take WSOP player of the year again. He'll final table that 50k horse event, and this year will be his great run towards the live, pay-per-view televised main event final table.

The sheer number of events in recent times makes it much "easier" to have an amazing wsop and final table multiple events.Although to an extent, this is offset by the much larger fields. Not sure which is more important but thought it could be an interesting discussion.