world cup final or wsop

highly theoretical, I only want football(soccer) fans responding to it as they would be the only ones who would care enough. So here's the question: $10,000 to play in the Main Event or go to the World Cup finals.personally, I'd rather go to the World Cup finals

make a substitution for "world cup finals" with "the superbowl" an option...you'll get plenty of responses then.i'd take the superbowl.....but i'd much rather take the cash and take all my friends on a weekend of marlin fishing in hawaii.completely not the response you're looking for... but i'm bored.

The World Cup most definately... the WSOP happens every year... i became addicted during the last one... i would get home at 3:30 or so and it always seemed there was a game starting then.. i got to the point where i opened an account with a sports book.... :D I think it is one of the greatest spectacles in all of sports and it definately sits high the list of "things to do before u die"... Great thread by the way...

WORLD CUP FINALS FOR SURE!!!you are guaranteed to have a lifelong top notch experience...where the WSOP you could bust out in the first 15 minutes and go home depressed.no contest.Just my 2 cents.KK

No Doubt World Cup. The Sport Played By More People And An Actual Championship Of The World. I Am ACtually Going To A Few Games Next Summer, Have A Friend In The Army And Am Stayin WIth Him, Can't Remember Base Name, Should Be Trip Of A Lifetime.

yeah, I pretty much thought so. In fact I'm planning on going to germany next year to support the USA and England, plus it gives me a great excuse to go to germany

soccer is teh homoghey
why did you even bother responding to this. Try getting kicked in the leg with some studs and then say its a homo game, or bother going to a game in England and say that, see where you'll end up. This is why I wanted football fans responding to it(not american football)

A tough one, because we're comparing competing and watching, but I'd still have to take World Cup Finals.Especially if Holland will stop being headcases and show they're the greatest soccer nation.

yeah, I pretty much thought so. In fact I'm planning on going to germany next year to support the USA and England, plus it gives me a great excuse to go to germany
go to the hofbrauhausyou will thank me later.its a great country, and you will enjoy yourself thoroughly. just take a camera, so you dont forget what you were doing every night... id recommend some time spent in switzerland/austria when you're over there as well.

highly theoretical, I only want football(soccer) fans responding to it as they would be the only ones who would care enough. So here's the question: $10,000 to play in the Main Event or go to the World Cup finals.personally, I'd rather go to the World Cup finalsDepends who's in the finals, really.

highly theoretical, I only want football(soccer) fans responding to it as they would be the only ones who would care enough. So here's the question: $10,000 to play in the Main Event or go to the World Cup finals.personally, I'd rather go to the World Cup finalsDepends who's in the finals, really.
yeah I can see that take. I'd still go just for the party and the fact that as much as I love poker, I love football even more. I posed this question because its a once in a lifetime experience for a lot of us

yeah I can see that take. I'd still go just for the party and the fact that as much as I love poker, I love football even more.It's in Germany, though.If it was in Brazil or something, it'd be a no brainer.Germany's not high on my list of places to party.Now if they ever hold it in The Netherlands on the other hand...

in 2010 its gonna be in South Africa, which is very high on my list of places in the world I want to go. South African women are so fine

Hmm...seeing as how I'd have to play for Canada, it's more a question of in which venue I most prefer to be humiliated. Folding pocket aces to a Negreanu bluff with four to a straight on the board, or being pummelled by France 17-0 in the Cup final? Still a very difficult choice.

I'm not really a football (re: soccer) fan, but I would definitely choose a seat at the WSOP over any sporting event (including game 7 of Stanley Cup finals) that you can think of.

I am a HUGE Soccer fan but I would have to say the WSOP, unless i can win an online qualifier then it would be a no brainer. The game will be on TV and will only last 90 minutes compare to the WSOP where u could play the whole week, play great players and maybe make some money. Of course, it depends who makes it to the finals, my dream matchup would be England - Holland but it will probably some crappy matchup like Italy - Argentina where both teams will play Tight D. Actually Smash, I cant believe you are saying Germany is not a party Country, I know the world cup is in june-july but have u ever heard of OktoberFest? :D