PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG ($46.15)MP ($56.15)Hero ($61.65)SB ($32.85)BB ($45.70)Preflop: Hero is Button with K :club: , A :D . 1 fold, MP raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, MP calls $4.Flop: ($12.75) 6 :D , 7 :) , A :)(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $10, MP calls $10.Turn: ($32.75) 5 :D(2 players)MP bets $20, Hero ???I just sat down at the table, but it seems pretty loose so far, with people jawing at each other a lot. I only have 4 hands on the villain so far, but he's raised twice and has been aggressive postflop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)UTG ($46.15)MP ($56.15)Hero ($61.65)SB ($32.85)BB ($45.70)Preflop: Hero is Button with K :club: , A :D . 1 fold, MP raises to $2, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, MP calls $4.Flop: ($12.75) 6 :D , 7 :) , A :)(2 players)MP checks, Hero bets $10, MP calls $10.Turn: ($32.75) 5 :D(2 players)MP bets $20, Hero ???I just sat down at the table, but it seems pretty loose so far, with people jawing at each other a lot. I only have 4 hands on the villain so far, but he's raised twice and has been aggressive postflop.
That's a scary board to me. Is the villain drawing to a straight or a flush? We don't know. He could be taking a stab on the turn with flush draw, or we could be behind. This might be a time to overbet the pot on the flop.

i would have raised it to $8 preflop. people are less likely to defend their raise if they put it in with a marginal hand if you raise it like $8 or $10

i would have raised it to $8 preflop. people are less likely to defend their raise if they put it in with a marginal hand if you raise it like $8 or $10
i think $6 or 12x BB is fine, this is 0.25/0.50 as villian played i see AK or a set i don't think hes on a draw
i think $6 or 12x BB is fine, this is 0.25/0.50 as villian played i see AK or a set i don't think hes on a draw
I keep going back between a set and a low draw. The reason is, if it was a high draw (eg: K :club: Q :D or K :D J :D ) he would have re-raised preflop.My guess is trips. I would fold on the turn.

Push, I see hands like AJ make this play all the time. And it's a fairly safe looking board because the flush hasn't come yet, 89 and 34 don't seem very likely given the PF action, and no other high cards have come to make a set or two pair more likely. If you had deeper stacks, it might be a different story, but with MP only having $40 when he made the bet, I don't think you can get away from this.Oh, and XXEddie, when assessing a hand, tell me when a set isn't possible, I'd love to know that.

Push, I see hands like AJ make this play all the time. And it's a fairly safe looking board because the flush hasn't come yet, 89 and 34 don't seem very likely given the PF action, and no other high cards have come to make a set or two pair more likely. If you had deeper stacks, it might be a different story, but with MP only having $40 when he made the bet, I don't think you can get away from this.Oh, and XXEddie, when assessing a hand, tell me when a set isn't possible, I'd love to know that.
i agee totally