How Much Do Pros Get From Poker Sites?

I'm just wondering how much poker sites pay their players. What would a guy like Phil Ivey or Mike Matusow make on Full Tilt or Phil Hellmuth on UB?

I know that the team full tilt members (not the original guys like Lederer and Jesus but just the smaller time guys who still have thier names in red) get bought into any tourneys they want. And then they get paid for being on TV wearing the FT gear either at a final table or if they are just on during normal play.I have no idea about the big guys though.

I know that the team full tilt members (not the original guys like Lederer and Jesus but just the smaller time guys who still have thier names in red) get bought into any tourneys they want. And then they get paid for being on TV wearing the FT gear either at a final table or if they are just on during normal play.I have no idea about the big guys though.
Nope, not true.

I read an interview with Raymer regarding the fact that he quit his job as a lawyer after he won WSOP.He said that he did not quit his job because he won the WSOP and could afford to do so. He quit is job because Poker Stars paid him more than his previous salary to endorse and represent Poker Stars.

The Full Tilt Pros that started with big money. Ivey, Ferguson, Phil Gordon, Lederer, Juanda, etc. They own Tiltware, LLC which is the company that wrote the software and data etc. which is paid by Fulltilt. If I remember correctly Ivey owns @ 15% of Tiltware which netted him @8 million 2005. FT spends a ton of money on marketing and promotions. If anyone watched the title boxing match a couple of weeks ago with Winky Wright and I think Antonio Tarver guess who sponsored it. They had FT logos on the fighters robes and hole nine yards.

I think it depends a lot on the deal and the site. The guys who started sites (the full tilt pros, Doyle etc.) make a part of the profit, and that can be significant. From all indications, Mike sexton makes a small fortune off of Party Poker. Just like in any business, if you own a piece of the company or have a % of the profit deal, you will usually make out the best if the venture is successful.

I don't know anything about what their contracts are but if you make a televised final table a lot of companies will try and get you to wear their gear and pay $10,000 for it. I suspect more for something like the main event.Mark

well , considering the huge boom of online poker, and poker in general, its proven to be a billion dollar industry.compare that with something like Golf, and Tiger woods who was getting paid 90 million over 5 years for endorsments from Nike, Titleist and amercan express.obviously poker pro's wouldnt be as much, but someone like Brian Balsbaugh poker agent, needs to feed his kids too., so i doubt they settle for little when it comes to the big names

this is obviously unsubstantiated (is that a word?) but I heard that the Grinder held out for a huge deal from Absolute Poker.
A deal with Absolut vodka would be nice too.... They'll stipulate that you have to play each 10K tourney totally sh*tfaced off their products....