• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was railing dags on tilt about a month ago and he said that he just wants to win a couple races and triple up the first hour or go home in those 1500 dollar buy ins. So if Daniel thought Barry just had overcards it was probally the right move. H e may have laid it down if he was againt an amature playing there biggest buy in to date but against a fellow pro he pbly thought he was at least slightly ahead or just wanted to either get lucky or go golfing.

yeah....i see absolutely nothing wrong with this play, other than the result. its a tournament with what, almost 1000 players. there is not room for much play given the shallow blind structure, and you must gamble early. keeping all this in mind, PLUS the fold equity (greenstein doesnt need to have a hand there; in fact, he most likely doesn't,) DN made a move with a legitimate hand and happened to be dominated. you guys are acting like he pushed with 63 off, or CALLED with 7s. think about it. and seriously, shut the hell up, all of you.

yeah, it's quite obvious that the last thing he should be doing is taking a break from poker during the world series. come to think of it, that's one of the funniest comments I've seen on here in a while

Like has already been said, I don't see that much wrong with the play.Especially when you consider the buy-in. It is not like he walked in first hand and push-in and asked for someone to call him.

Are you people koo-koo for real? I came second in the TOC after a grueling back to back days of poker that didn't allow me to play in the first event. In the second event, I went broke with 7-7 against J-J in a tournament that gives you precisely one shot at doubling up or going broke. I don't cash in one tournament and already we've got people talking about me 'not trying." Get it fixed y'all!

Are you people koo-koo for real? I came second in the TOC after a grueling back to back days of poker that didn't allow me to play in the first event. In the second event, I went broke with 7-7 against J-J in a tournament that gives you precisely one shot at doubling up or going broke. I don't cash in one tournament and already we've got people talking about me 'not trying." Get it fixed y'all!
Duh.You have to win every tournament.
i find it funny you actually read these "daniel should do this" threads.i hope it doesnt encourage more of them to post though.
It is the same ones that are always on you about something. I don't know why they come to your forum, just to rip you. I guess they don't have much life.ps. Congrats on the TOC and good luck the rest of the way in the WSOP.

LMAO! This thread is hilarious. It's like high school basketball players criticizing Michael Jordon, or guys with handycams telling Spielberg how to direct a movie.This is the best laugh I've had all day. :club:

Fore!!! look out for a repeat of 05 ladies and gents, or possibly worse if he doesn't get his head of the golf course for 5 seconds. DN needs to remember that hes a pro poker player FIRST, not a pro golfer, and not a businessman, it seems that within the last year, hes changed his priorites, and not in a good way. If he could manage all 3, then kudos, however, his business ventures flopped (the dvd and stacked SUCK) and he shoots in the 100's, and because of those two things, his main gig has suffered immensely. DN should give up golf for this month and concentrate solely on poker. It's the world series for god's sakes, play golf the other 11 months of the year, but for this one month, do your actual job.
Sweet jesus, If the man wants to golf, let him golf. Golf is great for stress relief, which is something that is a must for a pro poker player. Would you prefer him to play all the 1500 events and get completely burnt out before the main event or the 50K HORSE event? Also, he didn't play bad in 05, IMO, from what I saw the deck just was spitting in his face. Here's a thought, let him live his life the way he wants to.
Sweet jesus, If the man wants to golf, let him golf. Golf is great for stress relief, which is something that is a must for a pro poker player. Would you prefer him to play all the 1500 events and get completely burnt out before the main event or the 50K HORSE event? Also, he didn't play bad in 05, IMO, from what I saw the deck just was spitting in his face. Here's a thought, let him live his life the way he wants to.
As long as he releases at least two videos a day I agree! :club:

Daniel is a pro poker player, not a pro golfer, the wsop is like having all four golf majors wrapped up, and it is disheartening as a fan that daniel concentrates more on a game of golf than his pro career. When he released his vid blogs, his comment about preparing to play in the series by playing golf made me and my poker buddies (who all once thought of DN as our favorite player by far, not so much anymore though) groan. DN had an amazing year in 04, and granted, not realistic to repeat, and certainly not on a consistent basis, but he should be attempting to bounce back from the dissapointment of last years wsop showing. Preparing by playing golf is NOT the route to take, and I believe that if he maintains that attitude, this series will be worse than last years for him, and that is a difficult feat to achieve by his, and his fans standards.

Daniel is a pro poker player, not a pro golfer, the wsop is like having all four golf majors wrapped up, and it is disheartening as a fan that daniel concentrates more on a game of golf than his pro career. When he released his vid blogs, his comment about preparing to play in the series by playing golf made me and my poker buddies (who all once thought of DN as our favorite player by far, not so much anymore though) groan. DN had an amazing year in 04, and granted, not realistic to repeat, and certainly not on a consistent basis, but he should be attempting to bounce back from the dissapointment of last years wsop showing. Preparing by playing golf is NOT the route to take, and I believe that if he maintains that attitude, this series will be worse than last years for him, and that is a difficult feat to achieve by his, and his fans standards.
Oh yeah then what is the right way for him to prepare. I got an idea why don't YOU try to get a job as DN's personal assistant and tell him all the things he is doing wrong. Then everyone will be a fan again after YOU have shown him the way. Congrats to YOU my friend.
Oh yeah then what is the right way for him to prepare. I got an idea why don't YOU try to get a job as DN's personal assistant and tell him all the things he is doing wrong. Then everyone will be a fan again after YOU have shown him the way. Congrats to YOU my friend.
do you see hockey players playing golf before the cup finals?ball players playing shinny before the world series?no, you don't. Because that is not how professionals prepare for the major events in their sports my friend. Not ever. What I suggested is not an anomoly, is the precedent that has already been set in professional sport. Instead of blinding following daniel, ever think he could be wrong? Develop some independant thought for god's sake and stop being a sheep. Daniel may feel that his way to prepare is correct, and he may be right, but I am allowed to express an alternate opinion based up the strategies of other professionals in their respective games, stop immediately belittling others' opinions simply because you feel that DN's words are gold.
do you see hockey players playing golf before the cup finals?ball players playing shinny before the world series?no, you don't. Because that is not how professionals prepare for the major events in their sports my friend. Not ever. What I suggested is not an anomoly, is the precedent that has already been set in professional sport. Instead of blinding following daniel, ever think he could be wrong? Develop some independant thought for god's sake and stop being a sheep. Daniel may feel that his way to prepare is correct, and he may be right, but I am allowed to express an alternate opinion based up the strategies of other professionals in their respective games, stop immediately belittling others' opinions simply because you feel that DN's words are gold.
Do hockey players play 14 hour Stanley Cup games?Do baseball players play 14 hour World Series games?Is poker a sport?The answer to all three of those is no. Nice try with the sports analogies that don't work.
Do hockey players play 14 hour Stanley Cup games?Do baseball players play 14 hour World Series games?Is poker a sport?The answer to all three of those is no. Nice try with the sports analogies that don't work.
That sums up what I would have said or in other words...QFT

ya know, I don't really care if Daniel cashes in another tourney in the WSOP. I really don't. NO, it's not that I don't like him or respect his play.I have a feeling he is gearing for the tourney's that means the most to him.Ones he can have fun it like possibly the rebuy..or H.O.R.S.E. and the main event !A $1500.00 buy in is like most of us going to the Luxor...and plopping down 40 bucks..if we cash great if we don't who cares it's only 40 bucks. in Daniel's case it is only 1500 bucks!so lay off the dude...have fun Daniel :club:

Do no one watch the last video blog? DN stated before the tourny - the small buy-in events give you one or two chances to double up or go home. DN sitting on his hands for hours and being blinded away before getting AA would be miserable. Pushing with a small pair here is a smart play.And as far as the golf goes .... what the hell else is he supposed to do in between tournaments? This is s mental game and without some mental downtime you'd be fried in 4 or 5 days tops. Want sports analogies? What do marathon runners do before a race? What do cyclists do between stages of the Tour de France?

Want sports analogies? What do marathon runners do before a race? What do cyclists do between stages of the Tour de France?
sleep, and develop strategies on how to win the next stage. thats how they win. they don;t play golf in between.
That is an interesting point you made there that I bolded. Ummm, so you and your butt buddies were huge fans of Daniel UNTIL he started playing golf and exited early out of 1 $1500 WSOP event? Wow, that's just as pathetic as the people you are claiming to be blind followers. I think you don't get a grasp on something and hopefully I can get you to understand this, we are not blind followers, we just don't let his life effect our life. Daniel is a human being. YEs, I am a fan of his. But I won't whine and cry when he goes out like he did yesterday. I won't question what he decides to do any given moment of the day, or question how he prepares for a tourney. Free will, son. Who the **** are you to come in here and dictate how YOU fell HE should prepare. And your sports analogies are null and void since a 3 day poker event is different than a 2 and half hour hockey game kiddo.You can express your opinions all you want but don't be such a chode about it. Makes you look moronic.