***official Detroit Tigers Thread***

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah I'll be rooting for STL and SD..
Haha...they might be having one of the greatest collapses of all time.

I LOVE THE ROYALS. NO offense guys, but I made a huge bet in August when Detroit was like 10 games up. GL against the yankees.

Goddammit.Definitely didn't want to be playing the Yankees first round.
Actually I think I was fine with this about 5 days ago. I think we have a better shot against them in a 5 game series vs. a 7 game series. Out pitching needs to step up and our bats need to stay the same. We have been scoreing 6 or more runs so I am fine with that and Nate had a great outing last time he played the Yanks in Yankee Stadium. Should be a blast. Just glad to be watching in October.
Actually I think I was fine with this about 5 days ago. I think we have a better shot against them in a 5 game series vs. a 7 game series. Out pitching needs to step up and our bats need to stay the same. We have been scoreing 6 or more runs so I am fine with that and Nate had a great outing last time he played the Yanks in Yankee Stadium. Should be a blast. Just glad to be watching in October.
True, but I think the Twins would beat the Yankees in a 5 game series because they have 1 dominating pitcher. We don't have that guy who is almost a guaranteed win whenever he takes the mound.But like you said, I'm just glad to be watching in October.

Well that sucked that we lost but I am not bothered by the effort. Going into this game we were given no credit and no chance at all. Whoch doesn't make much sense to me but whatever. Local radio guys in NY were talking about how their fellow NY radio guys basically said that they Tigers would be lucky to get 5 hits all series much less have any chance to win anything. That's nice. At least the Yankees actually show some respect. You would think that being down 5-0 would have just made the Tigers throw in the towel and just try to get the thing over. But no, they fought back making it 5-3. Sure they ended up losing but at least they showed some fight and the ability to hit the ball. I really think the key is to stay close to the 6th and 7th inning and then punish the horrid bullpen of the Yankees. I think we faced the best pitcher they have in Wang last night . Mussina doesn't worry that much and the Big Unit surely does not worry me, even if he was 100% he still doesn't scare me a bit. Not saying the Tiggies will win the series but I don't believe it will be a sweep. Maybe I will be wrong and if so, oh well, but this team has some fight in them and won't give up for anything.Go Tigers!

Well that sucked that we lost but I am not bothered by the effort. Going into this game we were given no credit and no chance at all. Whoch doesn't make much sense to me but whatever. Local radio guys in NY were talking about how their fellow NY radio guys basically said that they Tigers would be lucky to get 5 hits all series much less have any chance to win anything. That's nice. At least the Yankees actually show some respect. You would think that being down 5-0 would have just made the Tigers throw in the towel and just try to get the thing over. But no, they fought back making it 5-3. Sure they ended up losing but at least they showed some fight and the ability to hit the ball. I really think the key is to stay close to the 6th and 7th inning and then punish the horrid bullpen of the Yankees. I think we faced the best pitcher they have in Wang last night . Mussina doesn't worry that much and the Big Unit surely does not worry me, even if he was 100% he still doesn't scare me a bit. Not saying the Tiggies will win the series but I don't believe it will be a sweep. Maybe I will be wrong and if so, oh well, but this team has some fight in them and won't give up for anything.Go Tigers!
Aren't afriad of Mussina? He has a 3.30 ERA in the postseason and threw a complete game sut out against the Tigers earlier this season. If I were a Tigers fan I would actually be more afraid of Mussina than Wang.
Aren't afriad of Mussina? He has a 3.30 ERA in the postseason and threw a complete game sut out against the Tigers earlier this season. If I were a Tigers fan I would actually be more afraid of Mussina than Wang.
Sorry, just not that scared of him. *shrugs* Sorry, just don't know what else to say.

and dont cite past postseason stats. Who cares if he had a 3.30 ERA in his past postseasons. That isnt as telling of how a pitcher is doing then the sucess he has had this season(which for this season has been quite similar). Are you going to say that they should be afraid of Randy Johnson because he at one time was dominant? of course not, well I hope not.

There ya go. No sweep for all the people saying this was going to be a cakewalk. We belong here just as much as anyone.Fuck ya!Zoomer made that lineup look like a bunch of minor leaguers.