Party 10/20 Players Talking Smack About Hsp On Gsn

these 10 20 nl nobodies like you say make over 1m a year playing online poker, isnt thatmore then 3 times what daniel made last year in the 4-8k? Funny thing is i made more last year playing 2-4 3-6 and 5-10 then daniel in is 4-8k game. The online pros are making a shitttt load of money and are seing close to a 100k hands a month
How many hands are they booking a day to hit that? And how many days for that matter?
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many hands are they booking a day to hit that? And how many days for that matter?
they are logging in 100k hands a month, they play alot no doubt. All i am saying is just because these guys are not tv stars doesnt mean they are not serious players. Lets not forget that most the top players like negraneau, greenstien etc are not nl experts they play all the game very well, but the online pros play exclusively NL and they play ALOT of nl. Alot of these guys on party make more then these tv stars.

the best online players are better than me. i've never talked to them about what they have to say concerning the games they play or HSP.the HSP players are better than me. i've never talked to them about what they have to say concerning the games they play or the 10/20 online games.ergo, i find it very, very difficult to say anything of value in this discussion. but congrats to all of them, because they're all pretty ****ing rich.

they are logging in 100k hands a month, they play alot no doubt. All i am saying is just because these guys are not tv stars doesnt mean they are not serious players. Lets not forget that most the top players like negraneau, greenstien etc are not nl experts they play all the game very well, but the online pros play exclusively NL and they play ALOT of nl. Alot of these guys on party make more then these tv stars.
I was just asking as a point of interest. Nothing to do with the topic. As a side, I know we really all like poker here, but if I was playing 5k hands a day like I guess these guys are... I'd honestly never want never want to see another pair of hole cards as long as I live after a few weeks.
I was just asking as a point of interest. Nothing to do with the topic. As a side, I know we really all like poker here, but if I was playing 5k hands a day like I guess these guys are... I'd honestly never want never want to see another pair of hole cards as long as I live after a few weeks.
hehehe, i know what you mean i play for a living and log in around 70k a month, the way i see it its alot better then a 9-5 job. Back to the topic i dont think the party pros would crush the game but i def think they have a edge in the game
hehehe, i know what you mean i play for a living and log in around 70k a month, the way i see it its alot better then a 9-5 job. Back to the topic i dont think the party pros would crush the game but i def think they have a edge in the game
Last comment on this...i think the majority of the poeple on here would be capable of making a six figure salary from poker playing 1/2Nl if they played that many hands a day.
Last comment on this...i think the majority of the poeple on here would be capable of making a six figure salary from poker playing 1/2Nl if they played that many hands a day.
i Highly highly doubt this, beating the game is easy but to beat the game at 4 bb a 100 hands over 1m hands in a year, and not tilt and have good bankroll management is extremely hard
I havent read through the thread, but I just want to say this. If I had the money to do so I would confidently stake the best online NL players in that game any and every day of the week.
Hoosier,A number of other people have similarly misinterpreted this "discussion". I don't think that anyone is disagreeing with you and others who feel that "the best online NL players" would do well in the HSP. However, a majority (not all) of the 10/20 NL players would get completely crushed.

It always baffles me when I see these "internet pros vs. live pros" posts. Take Ivey for example. This guy is not in it for the fame, he wants the money. Therefore, if the money was at the 10/20 Party tables, we would not hear about Ivey anymore. The fact of the matter is that there is a reason why people play 10/20 NLHE on party and there's another reason why people play 4000/8000 at the Bellagio....... the reason is because they have proven themselves at all levels (probably 10 years ago at 10/20) and have risen above the rest. Please attempt to pick apart my argument. Good night.

Hoosier,A number of other people have similarly misinterpreted this "discussion". I don't think that anyone is disagreeing with you and others who feel that "the best online NL players" would do well in the HSP. However, a majority (not all) of the 10/20 NL players would get completely crushed.
Well, this is obvious. There are many fish in that game for the few sharks that play to make the staggering amounts of money that they do.In my opinion, I think the top 10/20 Pros would be able to do well in the HSP game. If you really think about it, not many of these players play NLHE cash that often. I think Alaei plays the 50/100 game at the Bike or Bellagio often, and he probably has the most finely tuned NLHE game. This is probably why he is doing the best. (That and positive variance). Many of the pros in this game aren't great at NLHE (Harman for example, and she will freely admit it), however they play because of fringe benefits from TV Exposure. The 10/20 Pros have specialized in one game, which is the game being played on this show. They log extensive hours against both weak and some very strong competition. I think they are probably some of the top NLHE cash players at any time, assuming the big game pros don't have time to get in a groove playing NL cash.Just my $.02.
It always baffles me when I see these "internet pros vs. live pros" posts. Take Ivey for example. This guy is not in it for the fame, he wants the money. Therefore, if the money was at the 10/20 Party tables, we would not hear about Ivey anymore. The fact of the matter is that there is a reason why people play 10/20 NLHE on party and there's another reason why people play 4000/8000 at the Bellagio....... the reason is because they have proven themselves at all levels (probably 10 years ago at 10/20) and have risen above the rest. Please attempt to pick apart my argument. Good night.
The big pros came around before the advent of online poker. Most of these 10/20 players probably started playing after the online boom, and chose to stop at the highest offered level online. The big game pros are settled into their regular limit, and have no reason to go down.The 10/20 pros could probably move up, but can make much more money playing 8 tables against weak competition than they could playing 50/100 live, which they could still probably beat.
Well, this is obvious. There are many fish in that game for the few sharks that play to make the staggering amounts of money that they do.In my opinion, I think the top 10/20 Pros would be able to do well in the HSP game. If you really think about it, not many of these players play NLHE cash that often. I think Alaei plays the 50/100 game at the Bike or Bellagio often, and he probably has the most finely tuned NLHE game. This is probably why he is doing the best. (That and positive variance). Many of the pros in this game aren't great at NLHE (Harman for example, and she will freely admit it), however they play because of fringe benefits from TV Exposure. The 10/20 Pros have specialized in one game, which is the game being played on this show. They log extensive hours against both weak and some very strong competition. I think they are probably some of the top NLHE cash players at any time, assuming the big game pros don't have time to get in a groove playing NL cash.Just my $.02.The big pros came around before the advent of online poker. Most of these 10/20 players probably started playing after the online boom, and chose to stop at the highest offered level online. The big game pros are settled into their regular limit, and have no reason to go down.The 10/20 pros could probably move up, but can make much more money playing 8 tables against weak competition than they could playing 50/100 live, which they could still probably beat.
I'm not sure what "internet" you're refering to here my friend, but 10/20 NLHE is not the "highest offered level online". you should check out the internet available on computers.

If the top pros wanted to grind out 10/20 NL on party playing 100K hands a month (if that's accurate - per a previous poster), they would do it. Maybe they'd succeed and maybe they wouldn't. But why put in 100K hands a month if you have the roll for 4000/8000? Not sure if or where this falls into the discussion, but it was the thought that cacme to mind.If I worked 3 full time jobs I'd make 3x as much money too.

I'm not sure what "internet" you're refering to here my friend, but 10/20 NLHE is not the "highest offered level online". you should check out the internet available on computers.
Oh, I'm sorry, I was still using the internet in my swimtrunks. It keeps the suit from sticking to your legs.What I mean by highest spread is that it's the highest game always running. If they wanted, they could go play 50/100 NL on UB and play 6 handed with 5 players of ability close to them and maybe have a tiny edge playing 1 table, or they could have a big edge against donks at 4+ tables at the same time.
Some sites offer higher games (I found 25/50 and 50/100 on UB, 50/50 and higher on FCP), but typically the highest NL games that run for more than just a few hours a day online are 10/20.Nice simpsons reference.
Beat ya to it Strategy. And, I had a better and more obscure Simpsons reference.
Yeah, I was slow. :\ I double-checked the four clients I have on my computer to see if any of the higher-limit games were running and few are at the moment. Not a surprise at all.
Yeah, really makes no sense for the guys who play 10/20 to play 50/100 on UB. Why sit with Mahatma, GreenPlastic, and the likes when they can make money off of donks.

Everything has been said before but seriously 10/20 NL party vs this list:Todd BrunsonDoyle BrunsonBarry GreensteinJohnny ChanDaniel NegreanuDaniel AlaeiGus HansonTed ForestAre you frickin kidding me? Like a poster said earlier, these pros are still in for the money and not just the "entertainment". I left Phil Ivey and Chip Reese of the list because they weren't on HSP but they'd be on top of the list if they were. Negreanu's income off the big game is not a good example to look at. He has been so involved in the business aspect of poker, that he's hardly played! He only played 192 hours last year and so far only 136 hours this year. What is that?...like 3 weeks for some of these online guys. I mean, imagine what Ivey is making playing 50-90 hours a week!! I'd put everything I have on these pros crushing the 10/20 NL players in a live setting.

I mean, imagine what Ivey is making playing 50-90 hours a week!! I'd put everything I have on these pros crushing the 10/20 NL players in a live setting.hell, i'd put my 1st child on Ivey taking any and all of these guys (over a large enough sample) online (as long as the stakes were large enough for him to care about)

hell, i'd put my 1st child on Ivey taking any and all of these guys (over a large enough sample) online (as long as the stakes were large enough for him to care about)
hahaha...I think it's definitely a good gamble...
mixed game...nlhe...mixed game...nlhe...Good night.
mixed game...nlhe...mixed game...nlhe...Good night.
i'm sorry, what is your argument here....because they don't have the skill to play other forms of poker that that somehow qualifies them as more skilled at one single form of poker?and yes, I know your responce is "but all they play is NLHE, they see so many hands, blah blah blah" but let me digress, all the top pro's worked their way up through these "mid" level games to become great. they simply could not compete against the pro's
i'm sorry, what is your argument here....because they don't have the skill to play other forms of poker that that somehow qualifies them as more skilled at one single form of poker?and yes, I know your responce is "but all they play is NLHE, they see so many hands, blah blah blah" but let me digress, all the top pro's worked their way up through these "mid" level games to become great. they simply could not compete against the pro's
Wow you are naive. "They are on TV so they are all unbeatable!!!"