Fiance Hampering My Online Play

QFT
Not true at all - some of us don't take that sort of crap from the women we are choosing to marry :club:
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of you are overreacting a bit. The thing is, she's never told me I that I couldn't play or shouldn't play, it's just when both of us are home I feel like it would be anti-social of me to be planted in front of the computer in the den.

I think some of you are overreacting a bit. The thing is, she's never told me I that I couldn't play or shouldn't play, it's just when both of us are home I feel like it would be anti-social of me to be planted in front of the computer in the den.
So...it's you that has the problem, not her? Thats a completely different story now.

Make some money and buy her things. Seriously.My gf was initially against poker playing....and I play for a living! Sit down and talk with her about it, then buy her some nice stuff. Eventually she will come around, but never 100%. Rachel still gets annoyed at how much I play.

So when you are both home you need to spend every minute in the same room. I think my wife and I would kill each other if that was the case. Sure cool and all the first year but after 4 years we have the ability to be in another room away from each other without getting bent. Not saying you both are getting bent out of shape but it is not healthy for either of you to feel that way.

Personally... I just try to balance it a bit.First... she works during the day and I don't do shit, but I know you don't have that luxury. But aside from that, I usually try to have dinner w/ her, maybe watch some tv, I got shows I want to watch anyway. Then she's usually in bed at 9 or 10 cause she gets up early, and i try to get in a little play at that point sometimes. It's a fine line, lol.If you both have similar schedules though, it makes it even harder... maybe you'll just have to take so many nights to play and the others off or something.
Dmp her anyway. Girlfriend's are a pain in the ***.

Its called compromise. Welcome to maturity. When you decide to marry someone and live together, your life changes...for the better.If you think your new fiance' is going to let you play 30 hours of online poker a week, you need a lobotomy.

Kill her
I cracked up at this, but then, I'm a terrible person. Nh sir.
In my mind if you didn't crack up at this, you are a terrible person.
Then you're screwed. Say good bye to poker and learn to love watching Desperate Housewives with her.
My wife doesn't always mind me playing poker, but she does get annoyed from time to time. Not to sound like a woman, but she honestly should not give you a hard time about it if it's something you like to do.

I still think of my wife as my GF.We still date, go out and all the other stuff.She lets me play all I want because she see´s the money and she knows that she is important to me because we do special things together but not a lot of say TV watching together.

I've been living w/ my fiance for almost a month, and have barely played any cards in that time. I used to play b/t 20 and 30 hours a week, now I'm lucky if I play 5. She's not really AGAINST poker, but she's certainly not in favor of it. Anyone else here been through somethign similar???
<snort> ... I think you can work this out. ..........................BWA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA HAAAA ! ! ! ! !Take the ring back, hock it, stick the proceeds in your BR, win some money, hire some hookers when you need them, and have a real life.

When you've got 40 hours a week at work plus 20-30 hours a week playing cards and the average person sleep 7 hours a night which is 49 hours a week so that is 109-119 hours a week that she can't be a part of. Give her the time she needs and she'll give you the time you need for poker