High Stakes Poker - Daniel .vs Matusow

I don't think DNs reaction was to the one comment.- Mike had been repeatedly running his mouth off- DN had repeatedly told him to shut up- others had repeatedly told him to shut up when he wasn't in the hand- DN said himself that he enjoys Mike in small doses but after a long time Mike gets on his nerves- DN was down and not feeling good about it- Mike was repeatedly kicking DN when he was down.I think that given all that DN just wanted to say ANYTHING that would get Mike to shut up. Was it nice? No. Was it justified? Maybe. Next time you're down a couple hundred thousand at the table and Mike is getting on your nerves see how you react. At least DN didn't break out any comments about hookers and drugs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think DNs reaction was to the one comment.- Mike had been repeatedly running his mouth off- DN had repeatedly told him to shut up- others had repeatedly told him to shut up when he wasn't in the hand- DN said himself that he enjoys Mike in small doses but after a long time Mike gets on his nerves- DN was down and not feeling good about it- Mike was repeatedly kicking DN when he was down.I think that given all that DN just wanted to say ANYTHING that would get Mike to shut up. Was it nice? No. Was it justified? Maybe. Next time you're down a couple hundred thousand at the table and Mike is getting on your nerves see how you react. At least DN didn't break out any comments about hookers and drugs.
I agree.And whoever said that mike is always joking. Do you really think he's joking when he says he's the best player? He sounds pretty serious to me. He's delusional, not joking.
I agree.And whoever said that mike is always joking. Do you really think he's joking when he says he's the best player? He sounds pretty serious to me. He's delusional, not joking.
even if he does think he's the best player, that's not even close to the point. When he talks crap, it's so obviously in jest, he has a ridiculously huge goofy smile on his face.If the borrowed money thing was a one off from Negreanu, i'd pass it off as a misguided outburst, but he had been doing stuff like that the whole time. Even when he compliments Negreanu, Daniel turns it around and insults Mike.

Crazyjoe, glad you are posting in this thread you are saying exactly how I feel. Funny thing is whenever Matusow and Negreanu are doing anything with the media, Negreanu only has bad things to say about him, some friend he is. Matusow always says how great of a player Negreanu is yet Negreanu only insults him. It is the case of an inflated ego.

even if he does think he's the best player, that's not even close to the point. When he talks crap, it's so obviously in jest, he has a ridiculously huge goofy smile on his face.If the borrowed money thing was a one off from Negreanu, i'd pass it off as a misguided outburst, but he had been doing stuff like that the whole time. Even when he compliments Negreanu, Daniel turns it around and insults Mike.
Like in his video?

While what DN said may have seemed harsh given what was shown, you need to realise that there would have been a lot more that wasnt shown. Who knows what went on behind the scenes and what inappropriate comments MM made that were not unaired (not suitable??).

You know that if Mike said something personal about Daniel the forum would be bashing his brains in.

Okay, so there's either no Episode 4 of HSP or y'all just holding back on me.C'mon, throw me a freakin' bone or else I'm gonna send you yankees another Celine Dion. I MEAN IT!!!
Try this link:http://thepiratebay.org/search.php?q=high+stakes+pokerEDIT: I see it's already been posted.
Matusow always says how great of a player Negreanu is...
Are you kidding me? Matusow constantly dogs on Negreanu. Maybe it's mostly in jest, but he mocks pretty incessantly. Even the majority of his "compliments" are back-handed.How is this 'personal' exactly? Poker involves money. I don't see how talking about it in a mocking way is out of line. It's not like he insulted his mother or family or made reference to Matusow using drugs.
You know that if Mike said something personal about Daniel the forum would be bashing his brains in.
Thats probably because this is daniels forum and he does a lot for it / us.If it was matusows forum, would you not be surprised if the opposite occured?
I actually agree with the OP. There is a difference between trash talking and letting the world know about someone's personal life.
Personal life? In poker, money is working capital .... tools of the trade. In my mind, it's like one contractor saying to another, "Hey I saw your big new excavator broken down the other day! Ha Ha Ha." Not nice, but observation of fact. Matusow has done enough winning that he should have a stack. The fact that he doesn't illustrates that he doesn't take care of his tools. I think it's fair game.
While I have a large amount of respect for Daniel both as a person and a poker player, I think Daniel went a little below the belt last night when he called out Matusow for playing on borrowed money.Regardless of what you think of Mike, the man can play the game. I don't think that Daniel needed to point out that Mike might be playing on a loaned bankroll on national television, just my opinion, but I lost some respect for Danny last night.Though Danny was completely right when Mike called out Daniels A7 when he wasn't even involved in the hand and there was still action on Danny.
Dude their friends, althought it sounds nastytheir just playing around, they have respect for each other, but are just tryin to get on each others nerves.
even if he does think he's the best player, that's not even close to the point. When he talks crap, it's so obviously in jest, he has a ridiculously huge goofy smile on his face.
You know if I told you your girlfriend was a whore with a huge goofy smile on my face you'd still punch me in the face.
Wow, you summed up what I was thinking. Daniel Negreanu was a cool guy and a great poker player, now his ego has taken a life of its own. There was no need for what Negreanu said, it was definitely mean spirited. He thinks his **** doesn't stink and that Matusow is a joke. The part where you said Negreanu treats him as a "pit friend" is exactly how I thought of it. Matusow seems to really like Negreanu, I am not sure why. Negreanu has become a pompous *** and I don't even like him anymore. Completely disgusted how he acted.
Glad to see my reaction wasn't completely unwarranted, I rewatched the episode last night, and coming on the heels of the bad call to Laaks set of 6's, perhaps we can chalk it up to frustration with his own play. I just hope Daniel isn't getting too full of himself.

Holy crap...I must be dreaming. Do we really have a thread about how hurtful it might be to "The Mouth" for someone to needle him about his bad bankroll management during a high-stakes game? WTF? Maybe we should all hold hands and sing Koombayah now.

Holy crap...I must be dreaming. Do we really have a thread about how hurtful it might be to "The Mouth" for someone to needle him about his bad bankroll management during a high-stakes game? WTF? Maybe we should all hold hands and sing Koombayah now.
LOL...I enjoyed this post. And totally agree with it. Yeah Mikey was a bit pissed but it didn't stop his mouth. And then when Laak handed DN the book with the payoff defiinition...Now that was good stuff!!!!!!!!

What Daniel said was a bit "mean", a bit below the belt. But **** happens like that all the time in friendships. Daniel was losing and took a shot at the biggest target. No one at the table was going to feel bad if Mike got told off, unlike if Daniel went after the Grinder or something.Daniel can be an ******* sometimes (ie. Annie Duke), but generally he's a nice guy. I'm sure those two have made up. PS) From what I've seen, Mike is the best NLHE in that game.

I think Daniel went a little below the belt last night when he called out Matusow for playing on borrowed money.
I missed this line. Was that before or after Matusow called Daniel an "overrated" little punk? Sorry, can't remember his exact comment.Daniel also has no control over what ends up on the air and what doesn't. I bet there were may worse comments during the course of that game.
While I have a large amount of respect for Daniel both as a person and a poker player, I think Daniel went a little below the belt last night when he called out Matusow for playing on borrowed money.Regardless of what you think of Mike, the man can play the game. I don't think that Daniel needed to point out that Mike might be playing on a loaned bankroll on national television, just my opinion, but I lost some respect for Danny last night.Though Danny was completely right when Mike called out Daniels A7 when he wasn't even involved in the hand and there was still action on Danny.
You are wrong this time I think, but you'll quickly learn that no matter how valid your point, questioning anything DN does will get you flamed by most of the General Forum guys. Good luck in the future.