High Stakes Poker - Daniel .vs Matusow

43 User(s) are reading this topic (25 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)18 Members: speedz99, rivers21, I Bleed Sooner Red, nickforgot, 4Dguy, CrazyJoe, Sean_ec, cen, Suckaboo, FourFlusher, Danny830x, RayPowers, dapokerbum, MAXIMA, stanaboo, chach2046, jjgoldy5, champsoxHey Ray.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Mike just shown in Daniel's video blog eating a 20 inch hotdog?Obviously there is no hate between them, you people should relax. Bunch of donkeys comments make me sick
DIE

Okay, so there's either no Episode 4 of HSP or y'all just holding back on me.C'mon, throw me a freakin' bone or else I'm gonna send you yankees another Celine Dion. I MEAN IT!!!

I thought he was a little out of line. These guys are friends away from the table, so I think announcing that was a little over the line. I also think, if you rewatch it, Daniel realized right after that maybe he shouldn't have said it. I'm sure their are no hard feelings, but that may have been a little personal. As Kaplan said at the end, though, everything is designed to get Matusow off his game because like it or not, when he's on, he may be the best.

Okay, so there's either no Episode 4 of HSP or y'all just holding back on me.C'mon, throw me a freakin' bone or else I'm gonna send you yankees another Celine Dion. I MEAN IT!!!
Go back to the Poker Bay, under "recent news" on the first page there's a link to a temporary trackerhost where you'll find episode 4.
Episode 4 dammit!!!
http://poker-torrents.livejournal.com/Etaipo, as always.
I hope Tony Guoga sits in for Season 3. I thought that Matusow's trash talking was bad until I saw a few clips of Guoga in the WPT ACF and BadBoys event. That dude really gets on everyone's nerves.
I dunno, Tony G. is very annoying, I really think it is not fun sitting at a table with him, but at least he can take it when he's trash talked back. And I don't think he ever did anything unethical at the table (at least on tv).I love Mike, but sometimes he should just shut up for a while.
Go back to the Poker Bay, under "recent news" on the first page there's a link to a temporary trackerhost where you'll find episode 4.
I guess newbies don't all suck. :club: Thanks dude!!

The video diary now requires that miserable flash player. WTF??? I refuse to install that virus/ad enabling garbage on my system. Change it back to the Windows Media Player please. Why do most sites nowadays use that crap? Thanks.

i love how everyone was laughing at matusow for being a "payoff wizard", meanwhile, DN paid off WAY MORE to Laak with the set of 6s and everyone was telling mike off for making fun of DN for it.When Matusow called out DN's hand, it made NO difference, DN was just looking for an excuse to give Mike crap. Negreanu already said what he had, Matusow basically repeated what he said.As far as I can tell, Matusow is being light hearted, it's obvious he's joking. DN seems serious and mean spirited. I think the borrowed money comment was out of line, that was harsh. Talking about how someone plays is par for the course, off table personal stuff should stay off table.P.S.I don't mean to say that there is for real bad blood between these two, the situation seems to me like Daniel thinks he is far better than Mike and him being friends with him is some sort of charity act. The "pity friend" as it were, where as Mike genuinely cares about the friendship and is just messing around.
I agree 100%. Daniel's call with A7 was terrible, as a matter of fact the whole way the hand played out he gave Laak absolutely no respect until the very end of the hand when it was too late and then he made a really bad call. Its not Sammy Farha betting there, its Phil Laak.Matusow's call was also very bad, but we've now see Danny make two absolutely terrible calls (Q9 vs. Sammy's set of 7s in the first season with middle pair in a big pot)
i love how everyone was laughing at matusow for being a "payoff wizard", meanwhile, DN paid off WAY MORE to Laak with the set of 6s and everyone was telling mike off for making fun of DN for it.When Matusow called out DN's hand, it made NO difference, DN was just looking for an excuse to give Mike crap. Negreanu already said what he had, Matusow basically repeated what he said.As far as I can tell, Matusow is being light hearted, it's obvious he's joking. DN seems serious and mean spirited. I think the borrowed money comment was out of line, that was harsh. Talking about how someone plays is par for the course, off table personal stuff should stay off table.P.S.I don't mean to say that there is for real bad blood between these two, the situation seems to me like Daniel thinks he is far better than Mike and him being friends with him is some sort of charity act. The "pity friend" as it were, where as Mike genuinely cares about the friendship and is just messing around.
Wow, you summed up what I was thinking. Daniel Negreanu was a cool guy and a great poker player, now his ego has taken a life of its own. There was no need for what Negreanu said, it was definitely mean spirited. He thinks his **** doesn't stink and that Matusow is a joke. The part where you said Negreanu treats him as a "pit friend" is exactly how I thought of it. Matusow seems to really like Negreanu, I am not sure why. Negreanu has become a pompous *** and I don't even like him anymore. Completely disgusted how he acted.
Wow, you summed up what I was thinking. Daniel Negreanu was a cool guy and a great poker player, now his ego has taken a life of its own. There was no need for what Negreanu said, it was definitely mean spirited. He thinks his **** doesn't stink and that Matusow is a joke. The part where you said Negreanu treats him as a "pit friend" is exactly how I thought of it. Matusow seems to really like Negreanu, I am not sure why. Negreanu has become a pompous *** and I don't even like him anymore. Completely disgusted how he acted.
I am not sure we are watching the same show. Seems like everyone (announcers, players, spectators, etc.) are growing tired of Mikey's antics yet when DN gives him a handful back you call him mean spirited?Mike's a big boy, he can take care of himself. If he couldn't then he should talk as much smack.

Matusow & Daniel are friends and can say what ever they want to each other without the other one being offended. Matusow hits below the belt all the time and Daniel takes no offense to it, I doubt Matusow was offended by Daniels statement either. In fact its well known matusow plays with borrowed money all the time because he tells everyone.

Matusow & Daniel are friends and can say what ever they want to each other without the other one being offended. Matusow hits below the belt all the time and Daniel takes no offense to it, I doubt Matusow was offended by Daniels statement either. In fact its well known matusow plays with borrowed money all the time because he tells everyone.
no way, Matusow does NOT hit below the belt, and you could tell Matusow was upset about Daniel talking about borrowed money, it's different when you talk about it yourself, or it's said jovially. Daniel was calling him out on it, saying "you can't play with napkins" repeatedly after matusow wouldn't respond, that's being a bully. When Mike dishes it out, he's cackling or laughing jovially, it's obvious what he's saying isnt true. Daniel believes Matusow sucks and talks down to him, saying how Mike'll never be a good player because he won't listen to his advice.

I thought it was a shitty thing to do, and I thought it made Daniel look really childish. Just because some talks playful trash with you does not give you a right to divulge their personal financial situation which i'm sure was told to daniel in confidence. Crappy, immature thing to do IMO

no way, Matusow does NOT hit below the belt, and you could tell Matusow was upset about Daniel talking about borrowed money, it's different when you talk about it yourself, or it's said jovially. Daniel was calling him out on it, saying "you can't play with napkins" repeatedly after matusow wouldn't respond, that's being a bully. When Mike dishes it out, he's cackling or laughing jovially, it's obvious what he's saying isnt true. Daniel believes Matusow sucks and talks down to him, saying how Mike'll never be a good player because he won't listen to his advice.
i am a huge dn fan, but i totally agree with you
i am a huge dn fan, but i totally agree with you
Same for me, except I am no longer a DN fan. His ego has become a joke, and he constantly talks down to everyone thinking he is above everyone else. I love how everyone blames Greenstein for being the bad guy, but the more I think about it I think Negreanu is more to blame. It was definitely mean spirited and it was personal. I would be embarrassed if I were him of the way he acted on national tv. For all of you who say Matusow is so terrible with his trash talk, he is joking around. When he says he is the best player at the table he is kidding around and is harmless. What Negreanu said is a joke and is more of a reason to not like the guy, hence why I was rooting for Matusow last night. Also I love how Negreanu was laughing at Matusow for being a payoff wizard, he is the one who looked like the biggest donkey on the hand against Laak. Yea, the tightest player at the the table is going to throw in 40k with nothing. I also love how he says only hand im scared of is aces up. Then when Laak flips up his set and shows how badly he outplayed the great Negreanu. First thing out of Negreanus mouth is that was the other hand I thought of. HAAAAAAAA. Negreanu is such a cocky *****.

If you've ever listened to the Circuit while Mike was still around, you know it's no secret that Mike is almost always broke and needing a stake. Was Daniel right to say what he said? Probably not, but to reiterate what several others have already said, Mike needs to be able to take what he dishes out. Also, I think that Daniel was probably still annoyed by Mike calling out Daniel's hand. Remember when Mike got pissed at Sheikhan during the WSOP ME? I don't remember the details, but it had to do with Sheiky reacting to a hand he was no longer involved in. I realize a cash game is somewhat different, but still, it seems awfully hypocritical of Mike to only care when it applies to his own hands.

Same for me, except I am no longer a DN fan. His ego has become a joke, and he constantly talks down to everyone thinking he is above everyone else. I love how everyone blames Greenstein for being the bad guy, but the more I think about it I think Negreanu is more to blame. It was definitely mean spirited and it was personal. I would be embarrassed if I were him of the way he acted on national tv. For all of you who say Matusow is so terrible with his trash talk, he is joking around. When he says he is the best player at the table he is kidding around and is harmless. What Negreanu said is a joke and is more of a reason to not like the guy, hence why I was rooting for Matusow last night. Also I love how Negreanu was laughing at Matusow for being a payoff wizard, he is the one who looked like the biggest donkey on the hand against Laak. Yea, the tightest player at the the table is going to throw in 40k with nothing. I also love how he says only hand im scared of is aces up. Then when Laak flips up his set and shows how badly he outplayed the great Negreanu. First thing out of Negreanus mouth is that was the other hand I thought of. HAAAAAAAA. Negreanu is such a cocky *****.
So am I when I play poker. Doesn't mean i'm not a likeable guy.

DN is only playing Matusow's game and that comment was the end all... its like that sketch that Dane Cook does when hes at the Burger King talking smack with the cashier guy. Dane Cook busts out the old "Gaylord" and just ends it right there. That's how I saw DN's "You have to have money to play, you can't play with napkins" as a way to just quiet Mike up.

If you've ever listened to the Circuit while Mike was still around, you know it's no secret that Mike is almost always broke and needing a stake. Was Daniel right to say what he said? Probably not, but to reiterate what several others have already said, Mike needs to be able to take what he dishes out. Also, I think that Daniel was probably still annoyed by Mike calling out Daniel's hand. Remember when Mike got pissed at Sheikhan during the WSOP ME? I don't remember the details, but it had to do with Sheiky reacting to a hand he was no longer involved in. I realize a cash game is somewhat different, but still, it seems awfully hypocritical of Mike to only care when it applies to his own hands.
not even close to the same situation.... sheiky reacted to the flop after he folded, giving away what HE had folded, changing the whole way the hand goes down. Mike saying basically exactly what Negreanu said made absolutely no difference in how the hand went down.The whole key to this thing is INTENT and TONE, it is so blatently obvious to me that Mike is kidding around and Daniel is being serious, I don't understand how people can use "take it and dish it out" as reasoning here, it's completely different scenarios, Mike's having fun and messing around, Daniel is being a jerk.

I actually agree with the OP. There is a difference between trash talking and letting the world know about someone's personal life.